What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ah geez, it gets worse- FINCH IN TALKS WITH SHARKS

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I have no idea why people bag finch.
look at our half backs game style.
How is that better or worse?

Finch is a fine footballer , just a bit deficient in a few areas that dont suit some game plans. Especially flat game plans.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
beekershark said:
Kearney to play hooker, Finch to replace Dykes and to take over from kimmorley when his contract is up at end of 2007.

It's probably a logical thing to do. Personal preferences aside we are going to need a replacement 1/2 sooner or later. So far in this medium all we have been able to speculate on, future wise, is a bunch of rookies.

He'll have Noddy for a year to teach him how not to play and hopefully Lam in some capacity to show him how to play.

He's still only 25 yet has 158 NRL games under his belt.

Out of Sticky's shadow he could blossom.

Kearney to hooker is a good move. I'm right off the Kinga bandwagon ATM, he just doesn't do enough with the pill.

sharkadelic

Juniors
Finch is a waste of space. We have enough non performers for our backrow and Dougo to carry already. Give the poor b@st@rds a break!!!

Inferno

Coach
Frenzy. said:
It's probably a logical thing to do. Personal preferences aside we are going to need a replacement 1/2 sooner or later. So far in this medium all we have been able to speculate on, future wise, is a bunch of rookies.

He'll have Noddy for a year to teach him how not to play and hopefully Lam in some capacity to show him how to play.

He's still only 25 yet has 158 NRL games under his belt.

Out of Sticky's shadow he could blossom.

Kearney to hooker is a good move. I'm right off the Kinga bandwagon ATM, he just doesn't do enough with the pill.

Totally agree Frenz. What about all the talk that Kinga was going to be the next QLD number 9. Been very average for over a month now.

We could do a lot worse than Finch to be honest and I have no doubt he will improve dramatically away from Sticky.

Honestly though Frenz apart from that playing flat sh*t, I have no doubt Noddy could be a great halfback coach.

Put it this way he would be the best player we sign this year:shock:

sharkadelic

Juniors
I am with beeker on this. Is someone passing a prohibited substances around down there? We are talking about Brett Finch, right?

You think Noddy makes bad decisions under pressure? Even he must bow to King Finch.

Its like the world is on crazy pills.....

Inferno

Coach
lol, nope just the sharks management it would seem. Seriously though, who thinks we would be able to attract a much better No 7 without having to pay rediculiously overs for them?

Since 73

First Grade
The guy can play football. He can tackle, kick long, not slow and pass the ball.
He isn't a first grade halfback - so you don't play him halfback.

He could be a handy fullback.
He could be a bulk up and play lock.

heck I'm cheering for my once 'most-hated' in Lance, so if Finch puts the blue and black shirt on I'll cheer him too.

He will be different player away from Sticky's intricate game plans.
He isn't much good at handling the pressure of calling the shot and was a good foil for Rorters when Fittler ran the team.

he would be great tomoorow night in Melbourne at 5/8 with Dykes running it from half.
Finch's long kicking game would be invaluable.
Aaah we can but dream.

On that point, Noddy can't get them to pull up now in the in-goal, how's he gunna go tomorrow nite in the shortest in-goals in the comp?
:roll:

cheese

Bench
He couldnt, and wont be anything

The guy is f**ked

He's a joke........ a real sick one

I'd just about give it away with that farkwit in our colours

Kearney has shown more potential as an NRL half than finch ever has

The bloke is a deadset laughing stock .....the joke of the league ....i cant believe that sh*t merkin ever played state ...what a farce stuart is for endorsing him

Finch's long kicking game? lol ....he's farked ....not as farked as noddy, but not a great deal better ...bwaith is the metre eater in the team .....If we want length, we should just be using cov as a 5th tackle option. The tiges used to do it with richards, why cant we.

Pass me a noose

ali

Bench
I'm going to agree with the pro Finch crowd. If we can get him on a deal where the Roosters are still paying for part of his contract, then why not. The guy is young, and at one stage looked like he could become the games number one halfback. Surely if he comes here, the pressure is off and he'll start playing well again.

The only problem is where to we spend the money we gain out of losing Dykes and gaining a half price Finch? There certainly isn't much left on the market.

dolph_sharkphin

Juniors
y'know as soon as I heard he was on the loose I said to the rest of my lot, "I bet he ends up at the sharks". Oh dear:shock:

Carlz

Juniors
"Finch, who is contracted to the club until the end of next season, has been linked with a move to Parramatta, which has lost utility John Morris to Wests Tigers."

Raider_69

Post Whore
i love it how everyone bags finch, till he is linked with their club, then all of a sudden "he isnt THAT bad"
has happened with the tigers, eels and now sharkies... if he signs with your mob, you too will realise like easts and raiders fans before you... Yes, he is THAT bad and awhole lot worse!!