What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ah geez, it gets worse- FINCH IN TALKS WITH SHARKS

Since 73

First Grade
What would top it off beautifully?....
Noddy goes to the Rorters and plays with Braith.
Now that would be Gold!

White Poiner

Coach
Raider_69 said:
i love it how everyone bags finch, till he is linked with their club, then all of a sudden "he isnt THAT bad"
has happened with the tigers, eels and now sharkies... if he signs with your mob, you too will realise like easts and raiders fans before you... Yes, he is THAT bad and awhole lot worse!!

He did play SOO. And played quite well in one game this year.

There is alot worse avaliable.

cheese

Bench
I reckon ....you should all be ashamed .......very ashamed..... The guy is a grade A f**ktard

cheese

Bench
Maybe he is better than Aitken .....But he'd wanna be after being gifted so many 1st grade games. The sh*t merkin had freddy to learn off for two years, and he's still f**king hopeless. A miserable cretin that finch

Hursty

Juniors
f**k that big time, in all the years i have supported the sharks i can't think of a worse day. Finch is an absolute wanker for one (look at a while back when he told roosters fans to kiss the players arses). Two he is in a dead heat with Ben Ikin as the worst first graders to play the game!!!. If we sign him, i would find it very hard to follow us put it that way!!.

PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!!!!

Frenzy.

Post Whore
If the name Finch was replaced with either Thompson or Kearney I'd think I was reading threads from last year.

We all know how wrong the majority were on those 2 don't we.

The King said:
How the f**k do you learn nothing - and GO BACKWARDS - under Ricky Stuart and Brad Fittler?!!?!?!

KTFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did he go backwards? He played SOO didn't he? Was he a SOO player before he went to Easts? No. Use the RIcky was coach argument if you must but that won't explain this year.

Geez that's another thing he has on Noddy. Finch WON NSW a SOO game.....

Breadman

Juniors
So, we are talking to a young S.O.O player who always gives 110%, Roosters would cover some of his contract and he plays in a position that alot of people on this forum think is very weak at our club......and this is bad????
Get him on board I say

carcharias

Immortal
I was thinking he 'd be handy to have on board....but I did get these flashes of him telling Gallen to get fugged on the field .

I think he would go very well under sheens at the tigers.
Roosters are too stressfull ....fug he'd cop a flogging here if he started to fug up.
I watched him in the replay against the sharks on fox yesterday.
Looked all over the shop..especially the pass he threw to Mellars that went over the sideline while they were in front.

Thomo.

First Grade
Frenzy. said:
If the name Finch was replaced with either Thompson or Kearney I'd think I was reading threads from last year.

yes true.

but brett kimmorley also won some games at no.7 for NSW

....a few years ago:)

spacemanspiff

Juniors
There was a quote from Crocker in Rugby League Week that was also in the SMH this morning:

"At the Roosters we just had so many rules," he said. "Footy is supposed to be fun, but when you've got people telling you what you can and can't do all the time, it becomes a chore. You develop a rebellious side, too. It's like seeing a Wet Paint: Don't Touch sign, the first thing you do is reach out and see if it's dry. But down here in Melbourne there aren't rules, only expectations and you're signed on the proviso of achieving them."

I reckon that is a great indication of why certain players dont thrive at the Roosters. I'm not saying it's a rock solid guarantee that Finch would thrive at the Sharks - But I wouldnt rule it out.

The Popper

Bench
blacktip-reefy said:
Finch is a fine footballer
I agree. Finch is a very good footballer. But I hope our recruiters don't use him to suppress the hopes of Aitken. I believe Finch could fill any one of a few positions. But I believe Aitken has ball playing skills matched by few and should be the natural successor to Dykes. Finch would definitely be a good buy at the right price.

warren

Juniors
Frenzy. said:
How did he go backwards? He played SOO didn't he? Was he a SOO player before he went to Easts? No. Use the RIcky was coach argument if you must but that won't explain this year.

Geez that's another thing he has on Noddy. Finch WON NSW a SOO game.....

that's another thing someone should warn finch that if he comes to us, he wont play another origin game again. regardless of how many people are out.

Jimbo

Immortal
thomo_shark said:
yes true.

but brett kimmorley also won some games at no.7 for NSW

....a few years agO:)

Kimmorley also has a premiership ring and a Churchill medal

And talent

The Dodger

First Grade
BRETT FINCH
21 July 2006
The Parramatta National Rugby League Club wishes to advise that player Brett Finch has today agreed to terms for the next two years.

"I'm glad my future is settled and I'm looking forward to ending the season on a high with the Roosters," Finch said.

"I will miss everyone at the Roosters, especially the players and supporters, but I am looking forward to a new start at Parramatta," Finch added.

"There is no doubt the opportunity to work with Michael Hagan once again was a great incentive, as was the chance to work alongside Tim Smith. He is a player of enormous ability, and I believe we can do great things together for Parramatta. When I was given the opportunity to find a new Club for next year, I told my manager that Parramatta was my number one priority," Finch said.

Parramatta Eels Chief Executive Denis Fitzgerald is excited by the news.
"Brett has shown his ability in the pressure of representative football, and he will be a great asset to our strong playing roster for next year. I join with everyone from Parramatta in welcoming him to the Club," Mr Fitzgerald said.

Brett's manger Steve Gillis says he's glad the situation has been resolved.
"There is no doubt Brett is sad to be moving on, but at the same time he is very comfortable with the decision, and I know he is really looking forward to wearing the Blue and Gold next year," Mr Gillis said.
Brett has asked the media to respect his desire not to make any further comment on the matter.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/news1368.asp