What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

aitken?

Twenty10

Juniors
Farrell has to be dropped. Remember Mary off loaded him to the sharks this year... Farrel failed his fitness test at sharks and they sent him back! So Mary also doesn't rate him highly. I just dont get why he gets picked over peter M. Hopefully that changes next week.

TheRev

First Grade
He did pick up an injury in that barnstorming run down field, hopefully it's nothing serious.. Tbh id rather him not risk himself trying to carry blokes down field at this age!

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
Since he came in to 20s he has been a standout in my opinion and a better talent than jack bird. I hope he wears the dragons number 3 for a very long time

BigH

Juniors
See you can find talent in your own backyard, let's hope there a few more youngsters out there who can push for the top grade

possm

Coach
Aiken played well and I am sure will only get better with each game. I'd like to see Gaz as his mentor/personal coach. He is young Dragon with heaps of talent and would develop into a great center with a little help from Gaz.

I'd like to see Aiken moved to right center next week and Mata Utia play at left enter. If possible, this should be our first choice center combination for the rest of the season.

Aiken played well and I am sure will only get better with each game. I'd like to see Gaz as his mentor/personal coach. He is young Dragon with heaps of talent and would develop into a great center with a little help from Gaz.

I'd like to see Aiken moved to right center next week and Mata Utia play at left enter. If possible, this should be our first choice center combination for the rest of the season.

Agreed wholeheartedly Possum !

Cooper and Gaz as mentors for the Centres.

Aitken was elusive, ran hard and brought some real urgency and energy to the position.

Farrell and Neilsen to Cutters to cover the younger guys in case of injury, or when they run flat as will inevitably occur later on in the year as the weekly grind blunts there enthusiasm.

BrissyRedV

Bench
He is also strong for a young fella who isn't the largest 3/4. That hit up late in the 2nd where made 10 metres and then another 15+ carrying 3 blokes while they tried to put him on the ground. Great effort that late in the game from a bloke under 100kgs.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Since he came in to 20s he has been a standout in my opinion and a better talent than jack bird. I hope he wears the dragons number 3 for a very long time

To think though, we could have a 3/4 line of Jack Bird one side and Euan on the other. Could have been a great combo.

BennyV

Referee
He is also strong for a young fella who isn't the largest 3/4. That hit up late in the 2nd where made 10 metres and then another 15+ carrying 3 blokes while they tried to put him on the ground. Great effort that late in the game from a bloke under 100kgs.

Should have seen some of the tries he scored in NYVNYC last year. Could consistently carry 4 guys over the line

kit66

Bench
I would rather see Runciman on the left and Aitken on the right. Runciman has always played well when given an opportunity.

Runciman, at left centre, is great at getting good ball out to his winger - just what Nabuli needs. I don't know why he hasn't cracked a spot in 1sts. I never get to see Cutters games these days - has Charlie been off form or what ?

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Runciman, at left centre, is great at getting good ball out to his winger - just what Nabuli needs. I don't know why he hasn't cracked a spot in 1sts. I never get to see Cutters games these days - has Charlie been off form or what ?

Isn't he injured? Hand I think.

jay mac

Juniors
Not sure if this has already been mentioned on this thread or elsewhere on the forum, but I noticed that EA had 8 tackle breaks for the game, which is exceptional for a guy on debut. To give this some perspective, only two players made more in the NRL so far in round 3; tedesco and feki. This kid is going to be a real handful.