What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Albert Kelly

oldmancraigy

Coach
where does everyone get these numbers from of what players earn? I don't think anyone really knows do they? Its just all guessing?

You can get information from a variety of sources and build up your own table of information.

After one gets enough information on enough players it's possible to come up with amounts that are close enough to the truth to be usable.

Lowrie's salary amount is a leak - which is quite sad because it means it's rather accurate...

strider

Post Whore
lets face it - very few ppl REALLY know exact salaries ..... I say that from the experience of seeing multiple ppl, many of whom I would consider good sources of info on this forum, all posting slightly different salaries at times.

to me it seems one person says an amount once and then lots of ppl run with it - then later someone comes up with another good source saying otherwise .... ie. its not always reliable info .... but hey, it makes for a good reason to bag certain players :thumn

lingard

Coach
I've said it elsewhere, you're pushing the barrow up hill fully laden if you're trying to defend Hagan's recruitment policy in any way shape or form.

If you think signing Hayne, Mateo and Inu to extensions was a particularly savvy move on the part of Mr Hagan, then good luck to you. I think most would agree that it didn't take a lot of nous to lock those 3 up.

Changing Lowrie's contract from 70k to 180k is a slightly bolder move - let me know what you think of that one?

And the increase of Oake, Hauraki and Tautai's contracts by 50k per season based on 2 weeks worth of production last year?

And giving a 200k player (Finch) a 2 year million dollar deal?

The list continues - it happened at the Knights, it started happening here.

Hagan isn't a "team builder" and makes bold calls on the wrong players...
Yeah - it's just what I think, but then again, it's what happened at Newcastle and then here too...

No, I`m definitely not trying to defend Hagan`s recruitment policy. Not at all. I agree with you, he made some woeful decisions, as it turned out. I`ve no idea what he saw in Brett Finch - but he wasn`t alone in thinking he was something pretty special. Lowrie same thing. Ben Smith and Eric Grothe I thought were very questionable re-signings, although Smith may prove us wrong, and a lot of people would think that Grothe was worth signing (I still don`t - but that`s another story.) I think Tautai, Oake and Hauraki were fairly understandable - they were, after all, potentially very good players. They may still turn out to be good. And I don`t think Hagan got rid of anyone who we look at now and say, "Why the f**k did he do that?"
I`m not trying to defend his recruitment/ retention policies, and I`m not trying to say he was a great coach. All I`m saying is that the criticism he cops on this forum from most people verges on hatred. He is never given credit for anything he did well. It just seems that anything that is wrong with Parramatta, it`s just automatically, "Oh, that`d be Hagan`s fault." And I don`t think that`s fair and I don`t think that`s accurate.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No, I`m definitely not trying to defend Hagan`s recruitment policy. Not at all. I agree with you, he made some woeful decisions, as it turned out. I`ve no idea what he saw in Brett Finch - but he wasn`t alone in thinking he was something pretty special. Lowrie same thing. Ben Smith and Eric Grothe I thought were very questionable re-signings, although Smith may prove us wrong, and a lot of people would think that Grothe was worth signing (I still don`t - but that`s another story.) I think Tautai, Oake and Hauraki were fairly understandable - they were, after all, potentially very good players. They may still turn out to be good. And I don`t think Hagan got rid of anyone who we look at now and say, "Why the f**k did he do that?"
I`m not trying to defend his recruitment/ retention policies, and I`m not trying to say he was a great coach. All I`m saying is that the criticism he cops on this forum from most people verges on hatred. He is never given credit for anything he did well. It just seems that anything that is wrong with Parramatta, it`s just automatically, "Oh, that`d be Hagan`s fault." And I don`t think that`s fair and I don`t think that`s accurate.
It's not all Hagans fault, there is the dickhead that hired him and his clueless buddy Farliegh.