What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Albert Kelly

caylo

Bench
Nice...

I was actually referring to the fact that Witt was seen as the savior and people were screaming to have Steve Witt in first grade as they are Mortimer.
When Steve Witt finally got to first grade - he failed EVEN THOUGH he dominated in the junior ranks.

Undertstand ??? or do we really have to explain every little bit for you? - a diagram next time ????? :crazy:

Yes but the counter argument is that Thurston and Prince were hyped up and now dominate... every player is different. I do not expect Mortimer to be Johns or Prince or Thurston. We have Keating who is showing that he could be something special. I expect him to move to 5-8 in which he will need a halfback who can share some of the work load liek Mortimer. If he does develop into a genuine halfback then I would be all for keeping Mateo at 5-8, but Keatings long passing game is limited and that will hold him back from being a genuine #7

Suitman

Post Whore
Oh. At first I thought it was just an educated guess; but now that you say "it`s fact", ...well, gee.....I guess I have to believe you. Do you know who`s going to win the Melbourne Cup this year?

I'd back Jodeci's word.

he's mate's with alot of players.

Jodeci's pretty clued up

He doesnt spread BS, and generally wont post something unless it's pretty rock solid.

That's why.

Suity

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hagan kept Hayne, Mateo, Inu; and was responsible for Daniel Mortimer coming to the club. His big mistake was having a mind-bogglingly wrong opinion on Brett Finch`s ability. And the players he did let go - Hodgkinson, Green, Williams, etc have done f**k all. So I guess Hagan was pretty astute there.

You think it's an "astute" move to keep Hayne, Mateo and Inu :?

Remember he kept them AFTER Hayne and Inu had played internationals. So most would say that's an absolute no-brainer.
And he kept Mateo after his performances in 2007 - again, an absolute no-brainer.

If Mortimer's sole reason for coming to Parra was Michael Hagan, then that might well go down as one of the best buys Hagan has ever made. But then that's not a difficult thing to achieve is it...

lingard

Coach
You think it's an "astute" move to keep Hayne, Mateo and Inu :?

Remember he kept them AFTER Hayne and Inu had played internationals. So most would say that's an absolute no-brainer.
And he kept Mateo after his performances in 2007 - again, an absolute no-brainer.

If Mortimer's sole reason for coming to Parra was Michael Hagan, then that might well go down as one of the best buys Hagan has ever made. But then that's not a difficult thing to achieve is it...

So when he does something wrong, he`s the most hopeless person ever; and when he does something right, it`s a 'no-brainer'. I`m getting the hang of this now. :roll: Guy can`t win, can he?

And I didn`t say he was astute for keeping those three - I meant he was astute for letting the other ones go. ( Of course, he was knocked to the sh*t-house at the time for doing it, wasn`t he?)

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach
So when he does something wrong, he`s the most hopeless person ever; and when he does something right, it`s a 'no-brainer'. I`m getting the hang of this now. :roll: Guy can`t win, can he?

I've said it elsewhere, you're pushing the barrow up hill fully laden if you're trying to defend Hagan's recruitment policy in any way shape or form.

If you think signing Hayne, Mateo and Inu to extensions was a particularly savvy move on the part of Mr Hagan, then good luck to you. I think most would agree that it didn't take a lot of nous to lock those 3 up.

Changing Lowrie's contract from 70k to 180k is a slightly bolder move - let me know what you think of that one?

And the increase of Oake, Hauraki and Tautai's contracts by 50k per season based on 2 weeks worth of production last year?

And giving a 200k player (Finch) a 2 year million dollar deal?

The list continues - it happened at the Knights, it started happening here.

Hagan isn't a "team builder" and makes bold calls on the wrong players...
Yeah - it's just what I think, but then again, it's what happened at Newcastle and then here too...

Last edited:

eels_

Juniors
where does everyone get these numbers from of what players earn? I don't think anyone really knows do they? Its just all guessing?

spiderdan

Bench
That's why.

Suity
yup. with the exception of the jamie lyon thing (that had a number of us fooled) jodeci has been on the money with everything. josh massoud could start writing some decent articles if he used jodeci as a source.

Raudonikis

Juniors
I think if Mortimer is given his shot at the end of this year or the start of next he will decide to stay

Hellsy

Immortal
yup. with the exception of the jamie lyon thing (that had a number of us fooled) jodeci has been on the money with everything. josh massoud could start writing some decent articles if he used jodeci as a source.

Now now... let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Josh would need a brain transplant first.