What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Albert Kelly

Stagger eel

Staff member
aren't 3P wanting to stop juniors being poached?

well ED, you'd have to be foolish to believe that it can never be hole proof, we'll always lose juniors, I just think it's a matter how we counter-act it, which has been my problem in the past.

born an eel

Bench
that's what they were saying.

same as they want old players to be involved but are going out of their way to get rid of DF, Gerard and Hilditch.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Relevance?

Kelly isnt really a junior.

relevance :?

it looks like juniors are being poached and they will soon be in power. i can recall reading or hearing they wantd this kind of thing to stop as it's been happening too much

he is a junior. just not a local one

Bazal

Post Whore
As unpopular as my opinion may be, I don't rate Kelly or Mortimer. So if they leave I, for one, won't be that distressed.

KK, on the other hand...

Agree 100%. I've never seen anything from Mortimer to suggest that he'll be anything more than a solid player. He's certainly not a dominant half, nor a controlling half. IMO we let the wrong player go when Hagan let Hodkinson walk, he may not have done great things at Manly but he's still a more natural halfback than Mortimer will ever be from what he's shown.

As for Kelly, I'm not going to shed a tear if he leaves. He doesn't look to have the mental toughness or dedication to make it at Parramatta. He may well go to Melbourne with his cousin and set the world on fire, but his "homesickness" and his inability to knuckle down and get past that thus far is simply not something that indicates he'll ever make it at this club.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Typical Storm up to there old tricks again, taking and not giving anything back. If Kelly wants to go fine, Mortimer too. Piss them off and we can find people who really want to play for Parra. The Keating's are 2 that fit in to this catergory. Lets just find more like them.... And player managers are scum of the earth.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Agree 100%. I've never seen anything from Mortimer to suggest that he'll be anything more than a solid player. He's certainly not a dominant half, nor a controlling half. IMO we let the wrong player go when Hagan let Hodkinson walk, he may not have done great things at Manly but he's still a more natural halfback than Mortimer will ever be from what he's shown.

As for Kelly, I'm not going to shed a tear if he leaves. He doesn't look to have the mental toughness or dedication to make it at Parramatta. He may well go to Melbourne with his cousin and set the world on fire, but his "homesickness" and his inability to knuckle down and get past that thus far is simply not something that indicates he'll ever make at this club.

Absolutely. I see them as potential solid First Graders, but will they be better than Kris Keating?

I would have to say no.

planeteels

Juniors
Parramatta's eagerness to retain our Juniors is a part of the reason we haven't got enough spare change to buy any seasoned players!!!

The club tries so hard to buy the Juniors with potential.. and in many cases they pay far above what the market really says they deserve in an effort to keep the players which results in the squad devoid of proven talent because we can't pay the money the real players deserve.

Look at our forwards.. look at our Halves..

Player agents know how to play parra because for at least 20+ years, Parra have had the Juniors first policy!!!

caylo

Bench
I think Dan Mortimer would add some value to the side next to KK, he has a better passing game then KK but that is about it. The only thing we lack is a player with a good long passing game, and Mortimer could add that. The Idea of MK at halfback is something that has been mentioned with some substance. I wouldn't go down that path until Mitchell is ready and we still lack a halfback.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
1. I have watched Dan Mortimer a fair few times to be able to make the call that perhaps he may not be the saviour that everyone (and perhaps even himself) think he is.
He doesnt get involved enough at U20s level ! How he goes in NRl is anyones guess. maybe he will excell but most probably he will not.
The comparisons with Steve Witt are very apt. remember Steve Witt used to own the lower competitions.

You just said Mortimer doesn't dominate the lower grades, how can the comparison to Steve Witt be apt?

Apt would be your name, more than that comparison.

lingard

Coach
thanks mate

I hope young Tim comes back bigger better than ever, he's a good lad and a dedicated player, on the bright side the next time he plays he won't be under a coach like Fairleigh

as for Abie, cya! goodbye! ta ta!!...we don't need another basketcase here, he's shown nothing since SG Ball to suggest that he'll have a long illustrious career in the game.

Mortimer to me has been a great myth, he's shown nothing to suggest he'll be more than an average firstgrader at best and yet he's been touted as a saviour.

now for the fun bit

Caylo: nice one dude! suddenly we'll be without a halfback in 2011 if these 2 leave? ffa!! DA hasn't even started his recruitment at the club and your making silly statements like our "half back stocks will be down" give yourself a triple!

as for the rest of you, anyone who believes that the club are just sitting on their hands and just letting our players get poached maybe sit back and wait what happens in a few months when we have made some signings and then maybe make a call then.

Well said. Good to get a bit of perspective about it. And I agree with you on the Mortimer thing - he`s got a famous name; but that`s about it.

lingard

Coach
But surely you can forgive people for getting upset?

Hagan was in charge of recruitment for the last 2 seasons and so we've become accustomed to losing everyone and gaining nothing (which apparently is ok because we're close to where we want to be).

On Mortimer - we DID extend his contract for a year anyhow - so if he ends up leaving and becoming a first grade superstar, it's not because we didn't TRY to keep him, it's because he desperately wants to be a Dog. Not much anyone can do in those scenarios.

And even if he goes, it's ok because the next bloke to be thrown the number 7 NYC jersey is going to be labelled "the saviour" and we're all going to have massive wraps on him - just a recap from the last few seasons: Witt, Smith, Green, Hodkinson - each of those guys was supposed to be a superstar... sure - Tim Smith was for a season, but was (sadly) mentally unstable and left his game somewhere in the left side of his brain, to be accessed on odd occasions! The others are marginaly first graders or not at all...
Hagan kept Hayne, Mateo, Inu; and was responsible for Daniel Mortimer coming to the club. His big mistake was having a mind-bogglingly wrong opinion on Brett Finch`s ability. And the players he did let go - Hodgkinson, Green, Williams, etc have done f**k all. So I guess Hagan was pretty astute there.

lingard

Coach
I've stuck up for Albert but I'm disappointed to hear that Ingliss and the Storm are into his ear.

Para have done a lot for this boy and his family and I was told by his grandfather that the boy was happy with us.

If he needed time to clear his head and wander off because of some propaganda Ingliss and the Storm were shoving in his face then he will gradually lose the support of the people that back him here.

Hey, careful, mate. We`ve only got one person`s word on that: Jodeci. I don`t know who he or she is; do you?

lingard

Coach
Mate it's not a rumour, it's fact

Kimmorley signed a two yr with an optional 3rd and also Roberts is off contract then also

Barba and Roberts are on their last warnings from the club

It makes sense that he will be at the Dogs

Why would he only sign a 1yr deal???

Oh. At first I thought it was just an educated guess; but now that you say "it`s fact", ...well, gee.....I guess I have to believe you. Do you know who`s going to win the Melbourne Cup this year?

Fathead

Bench
Apt would be your name, more than that comparison.

Nice...

I was actually referring to the fact that Witt was seen as the savior and people were screaming to have Steve Witt in first grade as they are Mortimer.
When Steve Witt finally got to first grade - he failed EVEN THOUGH he dominated in the junior ranks.

Undertstand ??? or do we really have to explain every little bit for you? - a diagram next time ????? :crazy:

fish eel

Immortal
Oh. At first I thought it was just an educated guess; but now that you say "it`s fact", ...well, gee.....I guess I have to believe you. Do you know who`s going to win the Melbourne Cup this year?

I'd back Jodeci's word.