What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Albert Kelly

Stagger eel

Staff member
hi guys,

this wasn't mentioned at all during the cause of the week but did anyone notice that young Kelly was dropped to the bench for the NYC side in the place of TK Amosa for the game against the Broncos?

well, I spoke to a team mate of his on thursday regarding the side and the reaction of Albie being dropped to the bench and he told me that he didn't know because Albert hadn't been to training for a few days and was replaced off the bench by Daniel Cross who was originally dropped all together on Tuesday, I asked him if Albert was hurt and he told me he didn't know if he was or where he was..:?

is there anyone closer to the action that mey be able to shed some light on the matter, I hope to god he hasn't just spat it and walked out..but then again if he was injured than he'd be probably be part of the rehab squad...

anyone?

rambo1

Juniors
He is renowned for this. Has been doing it since his days in Matthews Cup. Gets homesick and wanders off to his mates at Redfern.

rambo1

Juniors
I should of also mentioned that his behaviour has nothing to do with any unhappiness at Para. He just gets homesick and I feel sorry for anyone in that situation. The club try and give as much support as they can

TheParraboy

Staff member
I should of also mentioned that his behaviour has nothing to do with any unhappiness at Para. He just gets homesick and I feel sorry for anyone in that situation. The club try and give as much support as they can

homesick?

parra and redfern is what, 30km away?
so does he actually have two homes he lives in?
one in redfern and one in parra?

or he just doenst like travelling?

Not trying to open up a can of worms here

Just sounds like he will never make first grade to me if he has to be with his mates when he feels like it

rambo1

Juniors
homesick?

parra and redfern is what, 30km away?
so does he actually have two homes he lives in?
one in redfern and one in parra?

or he just doenst like travelling?

Not trying to open up a can of worms here

Just sounds like he will never make first grade to me if he has to be with his mates when he feels like it

I assume most people are aware he is from Kempsey

TheParraboy

Staff member
I assume most people are aware he is from Kempsey

far enough

He is renowned for this. Has been doing it since his days in Matthews Cup. Gets homesick and wanders off to his mates at Redfern.

so he is going to redfern cause his mates are there for comfort? which i understand

though you would think he would have plenty of time to see them during the week, as I said before redfern isnt that far away

Captain BF

Juniors
I don't think that his home sick nature should be held against him. Englands opening bowler Steve Harmison is renown for this disorder. To combat it, the English team used to send his friends and or family on tour with the squad at there own expense, just to help him get over the issue.

strider

Post Whore
so I assume ppl believe its acceptable for him to get homesick because he's still only young .... well I hope those same ppl (and albert himself) haven't been thinking he's got the maturity to step up and play NRL - cos I think its a sure sign he's no where near ready for the challenges of being a NRL player

rambo1

Juniors
so I assume ppl believe its acceptable for him to get homesick because he's still only young .... well I hope those same ppl (and albert himself) haven't been thinking he's got the maturity to step up and play NRL - cos I think its a sure sign he's no where near ready for the challenges of being a NRL player

How about showing a bit of compassion? The NRL is littered with cases of kids from the bush, Queensland and NZ getting homesick and eventually returning to their home towns never to have played in the NRL.

What's required is the situation to be managed carefully and I understand Para have allowed the kid to return to Kempsey for a short stint when he gets like this. They also get his family to visit him down here.

A carefully managed approach will allow him to stay here. Taking a cold approach will have the reverse effect.

strider

Post Whore
correct me if i'm wrong - but all i said is he's clearly not got the maturity to play NRL :?

rambo1

Juniors
So because the kid gets homesick that makes him immature? Sorry, but I disagree. I think that's a normal human emotion irrespective of age. Don't you get homesick when you are away from home?

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Unfortunately there are sacrifices when you become a professional athlete. Im not saying the kid isnt allowed to be homesick but to be picked for first grade side you need to be confident that he wouldnt be skipping training or missing games due to this.

If he is then theres no place for him in first grade until he and the club work out a way to resolve it.

strider

Post Whore
So because the kid gets homesick that makes him immature? Sorry, but I disagree. I think that's a normal human emotion irrespective of age. Don't you get homesick when you are away from home?
never said I haven't/didn't/won't .... also don't consider myself a shot at playing in the NRL in the near future .... mate, I just made a comment about whether he's ready for NRL or not - if you can't stick at the hard yards you need to do to be there, then IMHO you aren't

Eelementary

Post Whore

If you get homesick do you just up and leave your job, albeit temporarily?

Because if you do, that makes you immature, irrespective of age. People know you don't do that.

Latest posts