What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alexander, Ennis & Anasta call for Sharks halves to be Trindall, Atkinson

The spot I would play Hynes, of its not fullback is lock.
He is big enough and would create a great link.
The way we structure 2-5 do a lot of work coming out of half.
The issue with Hynes at 13 what happens to Cam

Hynes, like him or not is the "face" of the Sharks atm, so there's no chance they let him go.

My biggest concern is that we reportedly laid out 1 mill a year for him and we're not getting the ROI out of him. He's at best a $500k - $600k player at the moment, and I think I'm being generous.

Mako-Ver

Juniors
You'd pay another club $400k per year, now, to take him off our hands. & that is actually quite close to what it would cost.

My biggest concern is we have another 4 years of it to look forward to.
I really don't know what the answer is.
Me either TBH. Do they make the switch to FB during off season? Or another position where he has a bit of room to move when we have the ball? Make him a proper 5/8th? Who knows?

DJDL

First Grade
Me either TBH. Do they make the switch to FB during off season? Or another position where he has a bit of room to move when we have the ball? Make him a proper 5/8th? Who knows?

Fullback - no. I think he'd be little better than Will. We need more.
Another position maybe, but where?
Centres? Not at the expense of Ramien or Iro.

Which leaves the forwards.
Front row is obviously out, and I don't see him on an edge.
So that'd be lock.
And I don't see that being viable either. I don't think he has the physique, nor the aggression needed.

I'm at a loss.

DJDL

First Grade
Lol....Fitz career on the line.

It might be hyperbole, but I don't think it's that far off tbh.

He's at the end of the third year of his tenure and has a squad that, aside from McInnes, was either signed, or retained, by him.

For me, next year is make or break.

He has us there or thereabouts, but can he get us to the level of the Panthers and Storm?
That is the level we need to be, and I think that is the level Dino/Mace et al expect.

This is a real test.
Does he think the sole addition of AFB will solve our woes?
Or does he have the cajones to usher in the next generation of players, and start cultivating the ruthless edge we so clearly lack?

If the team doesn't show signs of heading in that direction next year, and he maintains the status quo, I think questions will start to be asked.

Latest posts