What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Australian

Red Bear

Referee
Who is a shot at making it? Some certainties would be Ruccioto(can not spell that name lol), Fevola and you'd think Hall, plus probly a stack of west coasters. Lucas and Fletcher must be a chance for esendon but

lockyno1

Post Whore
Depends really.

Definates:

Simon Goodwin (Adel)
Daniel Kerr (WCE)
Chris Judd (WCE)
Gram (St Kilda)
Fevola
Hall
Brad Johnson (WB)
Scott West (WB)

Possibilities

Riccuto
Kirk
Jude Bolton

meltiger

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Chris Judd (WCE)
Brad Johnson (WB)
Scott West (WB)

Johnson, definately. I'm still considering him a smoky for the Brownlow.

West, hasn't been as effective as normal with his touches, but then, lack of impact won't stop the media darling Judd being selected.

Cox is a certainty. Hopefully Simmo gets a run on the bench.

meltiger

First Grade
SHARK-SPURS said:
Jobe Watson and David Hille have been playing really well for Essendon aswell.

No chance. Hille is rubbish and there are 2 definately ahead of him and possibly 1 more.

Lucas is a show, 1 scummer who has had a good season and stood out due to being in a sh!t team.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Tiger or Kev, does anyone recon that Darren Jolly is a chance for AA. He is leading the taps in the AFL.

CyberKev

Staff member
Darren Jolly will come under serious consideration.

Cox has missed a few games, but he was all class earlier in the season, looked good on return on Saturday and should impress over the remaining 3 weeks. Cox is easily the best ruckman in the comp.

I suspect it will come down to Jolly or Simmonds for a bench spot and the selectors will run with Simmonds due to his greater diversity.

Darren Glass should get the fullback gig, but CHB is very much wide open.

Adam Goodes will definitely get a run somewhere, and its a near certainty that Pavlich will get a bench spot.

Brett Burton should get a run on one of the wings too.

Kirk is no chance, and I don't think Rucciuto has been good enough this season to warrant a spot.

A lot of options for flanking roles, one would think.

meltiger

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
Fair enough tiger. Cox or Lade would be my top 2.

Simmonds has been far better than Lade. Will win Richmond's B&F without a shadow of a doubt.

Cox has been hurt by being out with injury, definately the top ruckmen going around though, agree with Kev there. Has returned at the right time of year though, and unlike Lade and Simmo, will have the benefit of playing a few finals games before the selectors really make their minds up.

If Jolly gets a gig before Simmo the selectors are kidding themselves and are biased against Richmond players.

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
and its a near certainty that Pavlich will get a bench spot.

Would would you select at CHF?

Riewoldt has had a fair season for mine, but better than Pavlich? Tough call between the two.

I suspect Croad may get the CHB gig again, although has also been injured for parts of the season. Beyond him, there is no real stand outs in the traditional CHB sense. Maybe they will go for a smaller, running CHB?

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
Would would you select at CHF?

Riewoldt has had a fair season for mine, but better than Pavlich? Tough call between the two.

Hall will get the CHF gig.

meltiger said:
I suspect Croad may get the CHB gig again, although has also been injured for parts of the season. Beyond him, there is no real stand outs in the traditional CHB sense. Maybe they will go for a smaller, running CHB?

Can't see it.

Last season his inclusion was heavily criticised, but he did at least play the first half of the season at CHB and he was certainly the best CHB over this period.

This year he has been injured and played mainly up forward anyway. The uproar would be excruciating were he to get in the side this season. For mine, the only Hawk to come under consideration will be Mitchell, but Cousins should get the rover gig ahead of him.

CHB is an odd position these days, as clubs can tend to use it as an entry position for their younger talls.

As there have been no real standouts, I suspect the selectors will give James Clement the nod. He would get a gig somewhere, so they may as well give him CHB.

meltiger

First Grade
CyberKev said:
Hall will get the CHF gig.

Hall?! Surely you jest?

What on earth, other than playing for the darling child of the AFL has Barry Hall done to justify AA selection this season?

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
Hall?! Surely you jest?

What on earth, other than playing for the darling child of the AFL has Barry Hall done to justify AA selection this season?

Hall will be an absolute certainty.

He made it last year and his efforts and statistics for this year are either on a par (if not better) than his returns for 2005.

meltiger

First Grade
That still doesn't mean he deserves it.

Riewoldt for one has certainly had a better season. Pavlich hasn't been outstanding in many games, but certainly has been consistent all year.

If Hall gets picked it's because of the jersey he wears.

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
What about FF?

Can anyone dislodge the Fev? Or wrapped it up already you think?

The most straightforward selection of them all.

He was out of this world on Sunday.

Croad (excepting a couple of instances of poor discipline) played quite well on him over the day, but big Fev still kicked 8 (and could have kicked 10).

Singlehandedly kept Carlton in the contest when they should have been belted.

Quality player.

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
That still doesn't mean he deserves it.

Riewoldt for one has certainly had a better season. Pavlich hasn't been outstanding in many games, but certainly has been consistent all year.

If Hall gets picked it's because of the jersey he wears.

Barry Hall = 19 games, 284 possessions, 64/32, 168 marks, 37 tackles.

Nick Reiwoldt = 19 games, 316 possessions, 51/30, 179 marks, 16 tackles.

Matthew Pavlich = 19 games, 300 possessions, 53/28, 147 marks, 25 tackles

Methinks CHF will be the most hotly contested position in the whole side working off those figures.

Latest posts