What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All eyes on Wellington

MKEB...

Staff member
NP said:
If the Panthers were versing a Wellington side, I'd never go there to see them.
Wind Chill Factor is enormous..well it was when I went there last!

Canberra is colder

MKEB...

Staff member
Mox said:
3731079663a5336984233l.jpg

good photo from Mt Vic, if the camera had of panned a little more to the right you would see the stadium. Oh well.

nqboy

First Grade
langpark said:
It'd be a similar situation to the Cowboys, whenever Broncos play there they still get loads of support, but most people do follow the home team. I think it's a good situation, it makes for a better atmosphere.
Until our re-birth in 2004, there were more Broncos jerseys than Cowboys jerseys at DFS. These days, it would be about 80/20 to Our Boys.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Wheelsy said:
You can't relocate every team, because you then have the farcical situation of the AFL, with the Kangaroos being shopped around for a town to love them, but the fans aren't stupid. They want their OWN team.

If you're not going to increase the numbers, I say
Sharks > Wellington
Souths-Roosters, new team is Brisbane II

We don't want the Sharks, we actually want to win something. But, at least if we got the Sharks, it would bring me closer to my dream of punching Ricky Stuart in the face.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Dr Crane said:
You mean the Gold Coast isn't in South Queensland?

Stop the presses.
The Gold Coast and South Queensland both had teams and both were kicked out. Now the Gold Coast is back but the South QLD team isn't.

langpark

First Grade
Very good finish and they very nearly snatched it. I was so happy for them that they came back and got the draw, they seem like a good side. The crowd looked and sounded great on TV. I have no doubts an NRL team would be a huge hit in Wellington.

jamesgould

Juniors
It must have looked like a big crowd on tv, but one side of the stadium (the side the camera wasn't pointing at) was empty! I've seen it to a degree at the stadium before, but never so extreme! I actually thought the crowd may have been more like 17,000, as it was chocka on the side that was filled with people. It was a great atmosphere though ... hopefully the level of support continues.

goboggo

Juniors
I started watching just before Melbourne hit their second. What a comeback!!

This weekend produced two cracking matches in the A-league - the Adelaide v Qld was action packed, and quality too.

Tom Shines

First Grade
NZ Warrior said:
We don't want the Sharks, we actually want to win something. But, at least if we got the Sharks, it would bring me closer to my dream of punching Ricky Stuart in the face.
Call them the Wellington Orcas/Sharks and they can either wear black and gold stripes or that sexy jersey the Warriors were wearing today.

Case closed.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Melbourne Storm got 20 thousand at their first NRL match so if Wellington got 15, expect sh*t crowds ahead.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Wheelsy said:
Call them the Wellington Orcas/Sharks and they can either wear black and gold stripes or that sexy jersey the Warriors were wearing today.

Case closed.

A Wellington team should be black and gold- blue and white are auckland colours so no way they'll weear that. However if a Wellington team ever comes in the Warriors could revert to being "Auckland" again and can wear the blue strip full time.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
testimonialjersey163556gk2.jpg

Imagine Wellington wearing this in black + gold vs Auckland with their retro jersey. NZ would have two of the best jersey's in the comp.