What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All eyes on Wellington

Mox

Juniors
eels_fan_01 said:
Melbourne Storm got 20 thousand at their first NRL match so if Wellington got 15, expect sh*t crowds ahead.

That makes melbourne sound pretty sh*thouse when

Melbourne Population = 3.8 Million
Wellington Population = 430,000

So in melbourne one in every 190 people went to the game
and in wellington one in every 30 people went to the game

Not sure why you are even comparing league to soccer anyways :p

eels_fan_01

Bench
Mox said:
That makes melbourne sound pretty sh*thouse when

Melbourne Population = 3.8 Million
Wellington Population = 430,000

So in melbourne one in every 190 people went to the game
and in wellington one in every 30 people went to the game

Not sure why you are even comparing league to soccer anyways :p

I don't care. Im just saying everyone is going on like 15 thousand to a new clubs first match is good, its sh*t. They will end up with a 5 thousand average.

Mox

Juniors
WTF? said:
Where is the money supposed to come from? I can't see league expanding any time soon.

for who ??

Like i said a wellington team would have the deepest pockets in the NRL and look at all the depth in NZ.. look at how many new zealanders are playing for australian clubs.. your joking me if you say there is not enough room for two NZ clubs.

eels_fan_01 said:
I don't care. Im just saying everyone is going on like 15 thousand to a new clubs first match is good, its sh*t. They will end up with a 5 thousand average.

Your still making no sense.. your saying 1 in 30 people going to a game is not good .. yet 1 in 190 is ?

langpark

First Grade
eels_fan_01 said:
The NZ Knights got 9k to their first match in Auckland. I can actually see Wellington Phoenix lasting, they've hit the ground running on the field, which is important, and they're only charging 80 bucks for season tix, so hopefully they get snapped up.

To me tho, the one thing that doesn't add up is why Wellington only got 16k to the NZ v GB test match last year. That's the type of crowd they'd wanna be getting at NRL level, not international level.

eels_fan_01

Bench
langpark said:
The NZ Knights got 9k to their first match in Auckland. I can actually see Wellington Phoenix lasting, they've hit the ground running on the field, which is important, and they're only charging 80 bucks for season tix, so hopefully they get snapped up.

To me tho, the one thing that doesn't add up is why Wellington only got 16k to the NZ v GB test match last year. That's the type of crowd they'd wanna be getting at NRL level, not international level.

You basicaly just proved my point. NZ knights got 9 thousand and what do they get now? 2-3 thousand.

The Tank

Bench
eels_fan_01 said:
You basicaly just proved my point. NZ knights got 9 thousand and what do they get now? 2-3 thousand.

The Knights no longer exist - they were replaced with Wellington.

edabomb

First Grade
eels_fan_01 said:

Considering there was over 27,000 at the Warriors first game in Wellington (vs the Bulldgos in 2001) I think theres no way there'd be less than 25,000 at a Wellington NRL sides first match.

And it would more than likely wind up being a sell out, 34,500.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Dr Crane said:
Whats your point?

Football was never well attended in Auckland, while it always has been in Auckland.

Firstly is funny that i didn't even realise and secondly the a-leagues sh*t.

Mox

Juniors
eels_fan_01 said:
:lol::lol::lol:

Thats funny.

Whats funny ? its true.

Do some research... wellington phoenix and the auckland knights/kingz have NOTHING at all to do with each other

jamesgould

Juniors
eels_fan_01 said:

That's rubbish, it is the talk of the town today, and has huge newspaper coverage. I can't see it dropping too much, but it could increase.

jamesgould

Juniors
langpark said:

That is cheap for a season ticket! Geez, I might think about one myself at that price. It was the biggest crowd for a club soccer game in NZ ... beating the previous record from when the Kings played in Wellington once haha.

That NZ v GB crowd was a disappointment, perhaps they were put off by the Fien stuff? I reckon with the Warriors going well, it'll be a big crowd for the end of year test this year ... now that I cannot wait for!!!

Latest posts