What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All new ITALIAN LEAGUE for 2010

CQ Italia

Juniors
36868_397745988836_93324638836_4333753_3001635_n.jpg

Magnifici Firenze vs Spes spartans catania, rugby XIII... @ Padovani of Firenze, viale Paoli, 21. Saturday 19 June 2010 - 6.30/7 pm.
Starts in 6.5 hours ITALIAN time.

Florence / Firenze:

36868_397745998836_93324638836_4333754_4000467_n.jpg

Firenze home ground:
36868_397746453836_93324638836_4333766_438260_n.jpg

Spartans Catania XIII up early a few hours ago - at the airport.

36868_397825213836_93324638836_4336251_4938879_n.jpg

Jersey:

36868_397825698836_93324638836_4336265_4117785_n.jpg

There is another 15+ photos on facebook in the album for Catania at the aiport @ our FB page - http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Campolongo-Maggiore-Italy/Italia-Rugby-League/93324638836

Jesus. WTF is going on over there. This is starting to look more like a professional competition than some professional competitions.

CQ Italia

Juniors
Jesus. WTF is going on over there. This is starting to look more like a professional competition than some professional competitions.
Well it's a good start for a first year championship.. I wouldn't go that far - but im sure those that have worked hard with each team & some FIRL would appreciate the postive comments. There is a long way to go before it get's more professionally run (i.e. managing, organisation, etc) (& semi pro level maybe). Most teams have done a good job with uploading photos / doing their own promotion / getting team kits (didnt expect the quality of gear from the photos we've seen so far).

Not sure what the crowds would be like - but hopefully the Grandfinal / finals day get's a good crowd (my own thought would be 2,000+ would be a decent mark..).. With the right promotion hopefully it can be done.
Increased preparation time / organisation next year & owards will help too. (e.g. finalising details a month in advance, more sponsorship, longer season). If players are happy that will help spread the word of Rugby a XIII.

One team nearly got support from a Politican - and apparently would have been close to being semi pro (depending on the extent of semi pro) but it wasnt to be for them.

Most teams have admin from Union teams that have helped greatly with training fields, sponsorships, & getting players - plus managing the new League teams.

ghani

Juniors
Dear Guys
I've to thank one by one all of you for your enthusiastic words.

We are trying to develop RL with the same enthusiastic mood even if all of us are volounteers and the lack of money, good organization and time make the way harder.

I would like just to point it out that this is really a first step. Nothing more, we would like to we had to streng it year by year, hoping that luck and turn it up on the way.
Cheers ghani - Matteo Visonà - Porcorosso

CQ Italia

Juniors
Matteo Visona is the main Media & Promotions member, who has doen most of the logos & runs the website, etc..

35662_397981773836_93324638836_4340895_6422233_s.jpg

Result : (South Conference (Italiano Campionato Rugby a XIII): I'MAGNIFICI FIRENZE (W) 28 - 16 (L) SPES SPARTANS CATANIA

merk51

Juniors
Wow this competition looks to have alot of potential and in the long term can only improve international rugby league.

Congratulations to all involved in setting this up.

CQ Italia

Juniors
Spartans lost :(
As long as Gladiators Roma start off with a good win this coming wkend :D

other result:

North: XIII del Ducato (Piacenza) won 36 - 24 (?) against Griffons Padova yesterday @ Piacenza (GOSSOLENGO)

Translated report on the Magnifici Firenze V Spartans Catania game to come soon (Histroic first game outside the North) < good organisation shown by them in getting a report done

Russo

Juniors
I support Catania soccer team so i have to support the Catanian Spartans! Will be keeping my eye on them! Great stuff!!!

CQ Italia

Juniors
Firenze (Florence) victorious in their debut for Rugby League.

The Magnificent (I'Magnifici) beat the Spartans Catania 28 to 16 in the first day of the championship, with both teams commencing the historic first ever rugby league match outside of North Italy (in this Southern Italy Conference).
aaaaak.jpg

Andrea Sola supported by Nicholas Faller - Photos Donatella Bernini.

Firenze (Florence), Saturday, June 19, 2010
Good first match. At the Padovani (Fienze home ground) tonight, the Magnificent of Florence have won their first meeting in the Italian Championship Rugby League. At the expense was Spartans Catania, who had maintained a tough uncertain outcome of the game for at least two thirds of the race. Despite the weather it does not promise anything good, a good frame of public followed the game since the first bars that got switched sides and had shown good initiatives of attack.
Florence was just to shine with Bastiani, that on receipt of a football tactician, Catania sets the counter from 70 meters to 3 'sends half Nava. Falleri turns for 6 to 0. The Spartans tie with the goal of strength of Messina and the following transformation of Young (6-6). Despite the loose soil by rain, both teams sped up the pace of play. Bastiani at the 16th minute, he found the gap in the opposing defense and scored. Converted by Falleri (12-6).
At 26 ' Catania reponded, with a beautiful opening kick off from Re and to the flag followed by difficult processing of Young (12-12). At the 40th' Bastiani realizes his second kick off using a fast opening he preceded by several successful actions in penetration for attack. Falleri was not wrong and scored the try at 18 to 12 for Florence. Santi worked out the play and initiative shown by Sola (later named &#8220;Man of the Match "after the game).
The second half began to realize that the strength of Catania at the 42 minute with Hernandes scoring, but missed the conversion (18-16). At 47 ', with its remarkable goal in penetration, it's up to Fortunati Rossi who shattered the comeback hopes of the Spartans Catania: 24 to 16 with the kick of Falleri. Accompanying fatigue and strong defense, that even after Bastiani took the field well, Catania in the last 30 minutes could no longer find the way to goal. The last actions of attack are strong and a try leaded in by half Falleri for 28 to 16, to be the final score.
Satisfaction shown by the technical manager & player - Ferraro: "I am very happy for the test of character which gave the Magnificent in the field today. We ended outnumbered attacks as our team prepared for Catania in good time, and tests are best just as the young Di Stefano, Fortunati Rossi, Santi. ."The player Ferraro (Super 10's RU player & soon to be Magners League/Euro Cup player) continues to show as proof of the most experienced and as did Lunardi and Falleri , which certainly bodes well for the next match that awaits us in Rome." "I want to thank all the staff of the Magnifici and in particular Marco Matteini for what he is doing for this project."
MAGNIFICI FIRENZE RUGBY LEAGUE &#8211; SPES SPARTANS CATANIA 28-16 (18-12)

MAGNIFICI FIRENZE RUGBY LEAGUE: Mafara (cap.), Leoni, Di Stefano, Sola, Caparrini, Fortunati Rossi, Passaleva, Falleri, Messini, Santi, Bastiani, Nannini, Nava, Fiaschi, Lunardi, Porcellini, Tepsahu.
All.: Ferraro

SPES SPARTANS CATANIA: Trovato, Leone, Zappalà, Messina, Re, Young, Grasso, Toro, Forte, Frosini, Arona, Di Maura, Dell'Aria, Camorali, Hernandes, Carbone, Fichera.
All.: Marco Suaria, Massimo Nicotra and Johnny Grasso

Referee: Veronese

Scorers(PTS):. 3' mt Nava tr Falleri (6-0); 10' mt Messina tr Young (6-6); 16' mt Bastiani tr Falleri (12-6); 26' mt Re tr Young (12-12); 40' mt Bastiani tr Falleri (18-12); s.t. 2' mt Hernandes (18-16); 7' mt Fortunati Rossi tr Falleri (24-16); 38' mt Falleri (28-16)

Note: 16' s.t. c. Rosso Bastiani.
Man of the Match: Andrea Sola
Attendance : 300

aaaaaw.png

Filippo Santi - Foto Donatella Bernini.

aaaaao.png

Jacopo Bastiani - Foto Donatella Bernini.

MAGNIFICI FIRENZE RUGBY LEAGUE - Press Office comunicazione@magnifici13.it & www.magnifici13.it

winnyason

Juniors
wow they are some good athletes there from the look of the photos, a real dark horse for rc 2013 qualification if some of these rugby boys are aloud to play for italy in qualifying what is the story in that regard?
Hopefully like wales in previous world cups

CQ Italia

Juniors
Merchandise:

They should be selling some online soon (some teams may sell them at games already).

The major Marketing FIRL member told me in a message that he has proposed to all teams if they want to sell merchandise online... they agreed.. but he's just waiting on prices/imaging.

Ari Gold

Bench

Not a bad crowd! Following on from last year's Euro Cup crowd, I see lots of potential in Italy for Rugby League.

CQ Italia

Juniors
DUCATO PIACENZA FOR VICTORY ON SAMPLES WITH DEBUT IN CARICA (English version)
Today at 7:20pm | Edit Note | Delete
DUCATO PIACENZA FOR VICTORY ON SAMPLES WITH DEBUT IN CARICA

XIII of Ducato- Padova Griffons 38-24

XIII DUCATO: Robuschi, Azzali, Cuomo, Pavia, Maserati, Rossi, Pasqualini, Battini, Berzieri, Barzan, Lovotti, Schiavi, France. A disp: Apples, Antonini, Geneve, Forte, Vaghi, Muzzin, Muyodi. Appendix Rolleston.

GOSSOLENGO - A good frame of public Gossolengo City, held a baptism for the onset of a rugby league team in Piacenza for the game of 13 players. This is quite a novelty for rugby Piacenza engaged by FIRL (Federation Italian Rugby League) in an ambitious project from the late 90s, but in 2008 only managed to find their place. Six teams at the start, split into two groups. For the XIII Piacenza Ducato first engagement with the Griffons Padova/Padua, who are current champions.
Piacenza have found a place in the team several players at home as Fabio Berzieri, a veteran of the Super 10 season with the jersey of the Grand Parma Lovotti or Andrea, a native of Gossolengo, under the blue Livorno and youth and capped Italia Rugby XIII player.
The training house was able to take the lead first, thanks to tries scored by Lovotti and da Pavia for the Provisional 12-0 (a try is worth 4 points, coversion 2). Having the ability to provide for changes as in volleyball, all players on the bench of the XIII Ducato were able to enter the field, including Drake Muyodi, national Ugandan (Rugby 15) behind with extensive experience in rugby to 13 . Drake end the race with the marking of a 4 goals. Twice, instead, to Pavia. The match of the owners there are also four transformations Robuschi of Rolleston and a player-coach of Piacenza. The Griffons have instead responded with five goals and two transformations.
"The experiment has succeeded - Kelly Rolleston commented after the match - and we met for the audience and the league is attracting interest & questions throughout Italy."
The XIII of the Ducato returns to the field Saturday, July 4 against the Lions in Monselice Veneti: if successful on Saturday, will be able to play the championship final scheduled for 18 July in Rome.

Leonardo Piriti
21/06/2010

CQ Italia

Juniors
Round 2: June 26, 2010
North Italia: GRIFFONS PADOVA vs LEONI VENETI(XIII del Ducato - bye)
South Italia: GLADIATORS ROMA vs I MAGNIFICI FIRENZE (Spes Spartans Catania - bye)
.........................................................................................................................

Also an interesting fact is "Drake Muyodi, national Ugandan (Rugby Union) player" who played for XIII of Ducato (Piacenza).

There was also a player from Bulgaria who lives in Italy & plays for XIII of Ducato (Piacenza). - (Ivan Genev)
Marco Ferrazzano, captain of the Italy Rugby League National Team will play with the Venetian Lions XIII in the Italian Championship Rugby XIII (Italian League 2010). He will make the trip to North Italy this week to play in their games and strengthen their team. He has 9 trys in 8 international matches for Italy @ the second row. 4 trys vs. Czech Republic match in 2008!
That's at least 5 regular internationals who come from Aus/Eng and are committing to the league.

Last edited:

CQ Italia

Juniors
34278_398620193836_93324638836_4363310_8063181_n.jpg

Here's a photo from the XIII del Ducato V Griffons Padova match. (White is Piacenza & black Padova)

There is another 110+ photos of the teams I've uploaded/saved onto the Italia Rugby League page for anyone else. (ill put more on here when I have more time)

Latest posts