What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All-time low. Club dead soon.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
1654554948700.png
I bought this book over the weekend - incredible how nothing has changed in 27 years of this club. The same BS with undeveloped local talent, prima donnas holding the club to ransom, ownership battles, poor coaching, players on inflated deals etc.

If it was Beleaguered then, I think it'd have to be Bef**kingLeagured now.

Campion

Juniors
View attachment 62496
I bought this book over the weekend - incredible how nothing has changed in 27 years of this club. The same BS with undeveloped local talent, prima donnas holding the club to ransom, ownership battles, poor coaching, players on inflated deals etc.

If it was Beleaguered then, I think it'd have to be Bef**kingLeagured now.
fairdinkim how good is the Norths jersey tho. gorge

hitro

Juniors
The more I see and hear from Mark Robinson is the more I worry what level of disaster we have coming up. It's already pretty bad

shiznit

Coach
My god you lot are a bloody bunch of sooks! 😂😂

The club is certainly at a low ebb and it has issues with this current ownership… but bloody hell… you buggers seriously need to calm the f**k down!

you seriously can’t underplay how much not having a home for 2yrs has hurt the football club. The issues it’s caused for talent in the lower grades coming through also…

the thing is… all this bloody suicidal negativity by you lot is essentially driven by shit performances on the field… the club could be running exactly the same way off the field but if it won say… 3 of the last 5 games then I bet you guys would have a different probably more optimistic mindset despite the same shit happening behind the scenes.

the reality it… every f**king club has issues… what causes these stupid fan over reactions are when the team isn’t winning it puts a focus on these issues.

it’s good that we have a Manly fan in here recalling what they went through and how Des turned it all around… what he failed to mention was even when they were neck and neck with the Storm fighting for premiership’s year after year… they were unbelievably dysfunctional and quite frankly a basket case at board/ownership level.

The Dogs and Parra are ridiculously bad at board level with the leagues clubs and election terms all mixed in… don’t forget Cronulla were supposed to be moved to Perth how many times??

At the end of the day… the NRL has one huge advantage over the AFL that they would never give up… direct access to the NZ market which includes its own lucrative pay tv deal. They won’t let the Warriors fold.

I DO think Robinson is a worry… he comes across as a lose cannon capable of hurting the club.

but at the end of the day all it takes is a run of good form will turn it all around… I’ve seen it a million times and we will continue to see it…

don’t be surprised if it happens with Stacey at the helm where they get that interim coach bounce.

the key for you guys as fans will be when it eventually turns back around… and it will… will the fans keep the club leaderships feet to the fire as the same issues will probably still be in place… 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
My god you lot are a bloody bunch of sooks! 😂😂

The club is certainly at a low ebb and it has issues with this current ownership… but bloody hell… you buggers seriously need to calm the f**k down!

you seriously can’t underplay how much not having a home for 2yrs has hurt the football club. The issues it’s caused for talent in the lower grades coming through also…

the thing is… all this bloody suicidal negativity by you lot is essentially driven by shit performances on the field… the club could be running exactly the same way off the field but if it won say… 3 of the last 5 games then I bet you guys would have a different probably more optimistic mindset despite the same shit happening behind the scenes.

the reality it… every f**king club has issues… what causes these stupid fan over reactions are when the team isn’t winning it puts a focus on these issues.

it’s good that we have a Manly fan in here recalling what they went through and how Des turned it all around… what he failed to mention was even when they were neck and neck with the Storm fighting for premiership’s year after year… they were unbelievably dysfunctional and quite frankly a basket case at board/ownership level.

The Dogs and Parra are ridiculously bad at board level with the leagues clubs and election terms all mixed in… don’t forget Cronulla were supposed to be moved to Perth how many times??

At the end of the day… the NRL has one huge advantage over the AFL that they would never give up… direct access to the NZ market which includes its own lucrative pay tv deal. They won’t let the Warriors fold.

I DO think Robinson is a worry… he comes across as a lose cannon capable of hurting the club.

but at the end of the day all it takes is a run of good form will turn it all around… I’ve seen it a million times and we will continue to see it…

don’t be surprised if it happens with Stacey at the helm where they get that interim coach bounce.

the key for you guys as fans will be when it eventually turns back around… and it will… will the fans keep the club leaderships feet to the fire as the same issues will probably still be in place… 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Will correct you on the Manly side of things there mate, the initial climb back up the ranks was fairly stable behind the scenes, with Max Delmege the sole owner and it ticked along well, where that started to change was when he sold half the club to the Penns and it turned into a power struggle that ended up seeing Des leave and Toovey sacked and a pretty dismal few years

shiznit

Coach
Will correct you on the Manly side of things there mate, the initial climb back up the ranks was fairly stable behind the scenes, with Max Delmege the sole owner and it ticked along well, where that started to change was when he sold half the club to the Penns and it turned into a power struggle that ended up seeing Des leave and Toovey sacked and a pretty dismal few years
Dude… you literally had board members taken to court by other board members and AVO’s being put out against other members… and all the while the team on the field ended up going deep into the finals and I think went to the GF.

im not throwing shade… I’m just saying shit happens behind the scenes at all clubs… the only reason it’s so dire from the fans here is that the team is out of form.

Matua

Bench
you seriously can’t underplay how much not having a home for 2yrs has hurt the football club
You can't overplay it either though. This lot would still be a mess even if Covid hadn't hit. The governance and management just isn't up to the job of running a team.

Rich102

Staff member
Something just occurred to me.
I was surprised when the Warriors offered Payten the Coaching job and hr turned it down.
Took the Cowboys instead.
Obviously he realised there were problems ahead at the Warriors. Both on and off the field.
How right he was,

JJ

Immortal
I was surprised when the Warriors offered Payten the Coaching job and hr turned it down.
Obviously he realised there were problems ahead at the Warriors. Both on and off the field.
How right he was,
he'd seen the new ownership...

I guess now he sits back and thinks 'the f**kers put me through a process, and then hired Brownie over the phone with none... decision 100% correct not a regret in the world"

Tongue

Juniors
How right he was,
I think it was the length of term offered. Not long enough.
And now Cowboys about to offer extension with rumours of Tigers also chasing him.

shiznit

Coach
You can't overplay it either though. This lot would still be a mess even if Covid hadn't hit. The governance and management just isn't up to the job of running a team.
It wouldn’t be anywhere near as bad if COVID hadn’t hit…

they have literally had no junior pathways for 2 years. They made a massive decision to add an SG Ball team and then they ended up having to cancel that.

the pathway issue’s alone will set the club back a few years.

COVID has been catastrophic for the club… my understanding is they have basically had to be run on grants from the NRL for the past 2years because they have lost 80% of their income.

I'm not sure you can overplay it TBH… it’s been horrific for them.

Matua

Bench
I think we'll have to agree to disagree, as they had already moved towards an Aussie player focus before Covid hit and they lost the mythical junior pathways.

Also, why on earth is a club running on grants paying a thug to play rugby in Queensland?

shiznit

Coach
I think we'll have to agree to disagree, as they had already moved towards an Aussie player focus before Covid hit and they lost the mythical junior pathways.

Also, why on earth is a club running on grants paying a thug to play rugby in Queensland?
There’s nothing mythical about it… they have been losing kids hand over fist to aussie clubs because they haven’t had a direct pathway for juniors. Other clubs could show kids that pathway so they had to do something about it. They had just set that up moving into 2020.

as for expenditure… Player salary’s are only a portion of expenditure… but the Warriors relocated their entire squad, staff as well as their families to Australia… that’s an ongoing cost for the club that has to be covered. Take into account they don’t have anywhere near their normal home game income… the NRL came to the party to keep the competition going.

vinnie delpino

Juniors
I truly believe this is the lowest of lows the club has faced in its history and I still don’t think we’ve hit rock bottom yet. The worse thing is we still haven’t won a premiership since our induction in 95. Only 3 other clubs join us in this small club
Canberra- last won a premiership in 94 the year before our induction
Parramatta - last won a premiership in 86 but were beaten in 09 GF to a cheating Storm that were stripped of that premiership win
Gold Coast Titans - only joined comp in 2007.
Sadly all 3 clubs look to win a premiership before the Warriors.

go RTS and Aucklands real team! Bring back the silverware 2 years in row next weekend.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
im not throwing shade… I’m just saying shit happens behind the scenes at all clubs… the only reason it’s so dire from the fans here is that the team is out of form.

The only reason...yeah that's true, but what other reason do you want for a side who's only currency of value to fans is winning?

Respectfully, I disagree with your post before. We're not sooks. This team hasn't won a finals game in 11 years, the Tigers are the only side worse. People love this club. And it's a f**king basket case. It hurts.

Anyone who says 'it will turn around' is making flippant commentary based on absolutely zero basis. There is nothing that points to this side being competitive any time soon. And as the above guy said, we may not have hit bottom yet.

JJ

Immortal
Be interesting to see what turnout they get for the ‘homecoming’, I won’t be bothering

Benek

Juniors
It will be a near sell-out, but only because they sold tickets very early before the club had completely capitulated. The remaining home games after that might really trail off badly if we keep losing, and the novelty of that homecoming wears off.

Latest posts