What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I the only one embarrassed?

AuckMel

Bench
Liked this one the moment I saw it.

162058_286730032001_1938959_n.jpg

Not too bad either.

25727_103951662973317_100000754522962_52145_3009835_n.jpg

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
I like this for the Australian flag. We keep the Southern Cross and appease the indigenous population with Uluru.

95-2.gif

RedVee

First Grade
I don't see any great need to change the flag, some people o/s don't recognise it? big whoop. How many can identify all those Euro tri stripe flags?

That being said, I am of a Republican nature and would like to see the Union Jack removed... but, thats it. Leave the rest as is... blue, Southern Cross and Federation Star.

Imagine the impact of the unveiling.... the GG/President steps forward to the Aussie flag and rips off the Jack and reveals the new flag.

Hallatia

Referee
I don't mind the flag, what I am really embarrassed by is the names of our states. The state with the best name is the most backward one-Tasmania. Our first and best state New South Wales, gets a friggin geniused name. As much as that Mitchell and Webb skit makes me smile <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df-uemc-e3w>, every time I think about the name New South Wales it makes me cringe. Western Australia, South Australia and Northern Territory (ACT too) might be the worst though, each of them is so stupid and unimaginative

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd like to see our flag look more like one of those Kangaroo road signs.

Doesn't get any better than that, plus souvenir shops don't have to replace all of their stock, so it's not going to affect our economy

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I think it's nice how once we've finished with them we export them to Australia.
No thanks, we have our own.

Sheep (Ovis aries)

Australia and New Zealand are crucial players in the contemporary sheep industry, and sheep are an iconic part of both countries' culture and economy. New Zealand has the highest density of sheep per capita (sheep outnumber the human population 12 to 1), and Australia is the world's indisputably largest exporter of sheep and cattle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheep

Skinner

Coach
No thanks, we have our own.

Sheep (Ovis aries)

Australia and New Zealand are crucial players in the contemporary sheep industry, and sheep are an iconic part of both countries' culture and economy. New Zealand has the highest density of sheep per capita (sheep outnumber the human population 12 to 1), and Australia is the world's indisputably largest exporter of sheep and cattle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheep

aries.......jaysus, I remember aries :lol:

This is something that I feel should be seen to ASAP.

Sure the Union Jack is a great looking flag and we should appreciate our British heritage, guess we will continue to do that with the names of the states. However, I really don't feel that the current flag represents ALL Australians, only the white, anglo saxons.

Another thing that p*sses me off when we talk about changing the flag is that tired notion that the diggers in WWI & WWII fought under the present flag. They didn't they were fighting under the Union Jack as members of Imperial Forces. In fact, around the time of WWI the Red Ensign was the preferred flag for Australians, along with the Union Jack.

Anyway, not overly impressed with the suggestions for the new flag, they're all a bit complex. After all a flag needs to be identifiable from a distance, so there can't be too many animals etc. Also have to remember that a flag will be seen from two sides, so we'd have to something like this:

95-2.gif