What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An opinion on how to fix the dragons.

nickdragons90

Juniors
Hi all, this is just strictly my opinion on how we can fix this once great club.
- recruit a new board and CEO
- recruit a new coach and assistants from outside st george.
- recruit big fowards with ability.
- revamp attack structures, offloading, support play. Better use of widdop and Merrin.
- revamp defence structures.
Release the following players
-hunt
-rein
- Thompson
- creagh
- Harrison
- Matthews
- green.
- invest in junior set up, and smart recruiting from other clubs.
-

jenninga

First Grade
Hi all, this is just strictly my opinion on how we can fix this once great club.
- revamp attack structures, offloading, support play. Better use of widdop and Merrin.
-hunt
-rein
- Thompson
- creagh
- Harrison
- Matthews
- green.
-

Wrong mate ,most Dragons supporters have the same opinion as you.
But how you haven't named AhMau in that list is amusing.

saints4ever

First Grade
Youll never get rid of Creagh whilst he's captain.

Rein has another 2 years to go I believe on his contract. They won't punt him. Same with Hunt.

Recruit big forwards with ability is nice. But from where? What forwards are out there off contract that meet our needs? We have potentially one of the best backlines in the comp but we either dont get space or f**k it up in some way. We have given up all but all home ground advantage too

The ability to build pressure is the key.and we have no patience nor discipline or confidence. This comes from attitude. Its a very sad state of affairs.

St Georgio

Juniors
The bad smell of the current structures are still in place, so until we bring in Tony Smith and his own coaching staff, it wouldn't matter, who you drop or move on.

TruSaint

Referee
-hunt
-rein
- Thompson
- creagh
- Harrison
- Matthews
- green.
-

Fix point 1, and the rest follow nick

nickdragons90

Juniors
the lets fix it, why cant we? its bleeding obvious that change needs to happen, then lest make it happen? and jenninga, ah mau is not a bad player, with the right experienced coach we can make him into a solid first grader.

TruSaint

Referee
the lets fix it, why cant we? its bleeding obvious that change needs to happen, then lest make it happen? and jenninga, ah mau is not a bad player, with the right experienced coach we can make him into a solid first grader.

nick welcome aboard and good post.
Others wiser than I will tell you removing this board is like having root canal therapy.
Can be done with a lot of pain and anguish.

nickdragons90

Juniors
thankyou trusaint, i would like to ask if this true or not? are we the only nrl club where members cant vote on the board?

TruSaint

Referee
thankyou trusaint, i would like to ask if this true or not? are we the only nrl club where members cant vote on the board?

There is a distinction between members of the Leagues Club and Football club and a minimum requirement I believe of 3 years.

Willow, R2K and Father Ted have posted some very interesting articles on this site. I will dig them up for you.

The issue is that the 2 entities share common board members. Efforts by many in the past have been halted by last minutes assaults by the current board, however there are some very good souls here fighting the fight.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Recruit a new board?

Who exactly is going to do that? The boards lust for power is the reason we are screwed.

drake

First Grade
Unless the NRL step in the circle jerk will continue. Those in power will not step down or hire their replacements. Previous attempts to gain a seat on the board have been thwarted by the old boys club. The club is infested with self interested dinosaurs patting each other on the back. Doust had Bennett fall into his lap and it was a lucky opportunity that saw us win a grand final on Doust's watch.

Since David Waite was given the flick for the easter egg, the 'brand' has rode the coat tails of a good crop of juniors, with nepotostic decisions all the way. Only if we are lucky and get a strong and experienced coach will we see results; like Bennett who ran the football team and put the hangers on in their place.

Last edited:

saints4ever

First Grade
The NRL wont step in unless we stop bending over for them. That's a big part of why they took their 30 silver pieces of silver.

The NRL will think we are good dogs

friend10

Juniors
Who here rather Tim Grant over Benji Marshall.

We need big Kasiano. Boom boom - doggies bro doggies.

saints4ever

First Grade
We need something that's for sure. Is it just one or two player swaps? Will that be enough? Something is seriously wrong with us

Damo!

Juniors
Hopefully we can keep following the Warriors lead.

1 Month ago they sacked their coach, we've followed suit. Today, their CEO has stepped down and they've announced they will not be moving any further games from their home ground.

gonz

Juniors
The lengths the board go to, to stop u from voting and what they do to get votes in Election Day are criminal.