What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anasta out for extended period

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
QldRabbit said:
Ahh poor old Anasthole. I was looking forward to watching him to fail consistantly in the 6 for the Roosters.:D

You will have to remain contented in seeing your own useless rabble fail consistently.

Choppies

Coach
Corbin said:
has this even been confirmed by a good source (ie Smh)

?

None that ive seen. Listened to 2GB after the Jets game on the way home and nothing. tried to find news artcles and still nothing.

I will beleive he is out if he does not run out on the field tomorrow.

m0j0

Bench
melon.... said:
Flannery to 5/8, Soward Half...Tonga to Bench, Finch nowhere....
As much as I like Flannery, I don't want to see him back in the 5/8 position again. He's never exactly set the world on fire there.
But then again, if it keeps Finch out of the halves then it can't be all that bad.

melon....

Coach
m0j0 said:
melon.... said:
Flannery to 5/8, Soward Half...Tonga to Bench, Finch nowhere....
As much as I like Flannery, I don't want to see him back in the 5/8 position again. He's never exactly set the world on fire there.
But then again, if it keeps Finch out of the halves then it can't be all that bad.
Flannery = defnsive 5/8. Yes Finch must be kept out at all costs. Id play Tonga there before Finch.

melon....

Coach
Cockadoodledoo said:
melon.... said:
m0j0 said:
Melon, How about Harrison for 5/8 and Flannery at lock.. I think Harrison might have a little more creativity.
I hope youre right, because he will cause headaches running the ball on the fringe and he knows the combos with the halves.

Im not even sure Anasat is out...it hasnt been "Officially" confirmed...but Im guessing he is.

DeeGan

Bench
Well nothing has come out in the press this morning re: Anasta's groin surgery :?

2GB may have jumped the gun though the reporter (can't remember his name) claimed to have spoken to a Sydney Rooster source from the club.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Trevor Cogger said:
Even with Anasta out Easts have options, Wing to come in as Hooker, maybe even to Half with John Doyle as Hooker........Anyway shouldnt matter to much strike power for the Raiders and the majority of the comp

the same strikepower that just scored soooo many tries in 2005, right? :?

No Cayless, No Ricko or Crocker anymore. People seem to forget that as well. Harrison is not that good and he's used to losing after those years with Souths.

Agent Mulder

Bench
The Roosters don't have much strikepower at all this year, I mean Craig Fitzgibbon at Prop? I haven't even noticed Anasta this year, I even forgot that he was actually at the Roosters.

DeeGan

Bench
Sydney Roosters as per the program - Braith Anasta is playing.

Looks like he is going to grin and bear it as Brad Fittler I recall did one year whilst at the Roosters.

Soi_Cowboy

Juniors
DeeGan said:
Sydney Roosters as per the program - Braith Anasta is playing.

Looks like he is going to grin and bear it as Brad Fittler I recall did one year whilst at the Roosters.

How did he go ?? Any noticeable signs he was not 100% ??

I have to say... and this kills me as a Raiders supporter and Finch hater... but Finch played well today after he came back on after getting knocked out.

Soi_Cowboy

Juniors
I Bleed Green said:
I have to say... and this kills me as a Raiders supporter and Finch hater... but Finch played well today after he came back on after getting knocked out.

I'll stick my neck out once again, and say that I feel Finch gets way too much bad critism from many people. He plays with alot of heart,soul & passion. He didn't havce a good year last year, but did any rooster???
He was not to blame by a long way. I want him in the Roosters team.

Trevor Cogger

Juniors
pantherz9103 said:
the same strikepower that just scored soooo many tries in 2005, right? :?

No Cayless, No Ricko or Crocker anymore. People seem to forget that as well. Harrison is not that good and he's used to losing after those years with Souths.

Yep strike power Panther, strike power that has given them 114 points in three games.

By the way those three you mention were all defensive players, you dont know too much do you ?

Trevor Cogger said:
Yep strike power Panther, strike power that has given them 114 points in three games.

By the way those three you mention were all defensive players, you dont know too much do you ?

114 points in 3 games sure but 96 of em were against the worst two sides in the premiership.

As for Anasta he has had the problem for the whole season. He has looked ordinary.

If he is out and we need someone to fill the number 6 I would seriously consider Flannery. Harrison to second row and Sa from Newtown to come on up. He will be a superstar.

Latest posts