What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And now are you glad we have signed Ben Hunt ?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I imagine it is a concern for all involved. I would hate for him to rest on his laurels knowing he is secure for so long and also the worry of injury etc. But he has shown that he is durable, and I have heard from several sources that he is a driven person, with a want to improve on all aspects. We will see what he brings to us hopefully sooner rather than later.
He will be a big asset for us mate...theres nothing wrong with his footy at the moment its just Bennett showing that hes peeved that hes going to us and they can cope withoug him imo....think I mentioned this a while back but Sterlo said Hunts best footy is ahead of him and he was disappointed that Parra didnt sign him before we did....dont always agree with tv personalities opinion but one thing about Sterling he knows his footy

ALSGI

Bench
He will be a big asset for us mate...theres nothing wrong with his footy at the moment its just Bennett showing that hes peeved that hes going to us and they can cope withoug him imo....think I mentioned this a while back but Sterlo said Hunts best footy is ahead of him and he was disappointed that Parra didnt sign him before we did....dont always agree with tv personalities opinion but one thing about Sterling he knows his footy
Agree, nothing wrong with his game atm.
Saw most of their game last week and he was ok, showed some brilliance as well, but ok the rest of the time. Certainly not some one the other 15 clubs would drop on that performance. Thing is he has the opposition guessing the whole time.
There's certainly more than form around Bennett dropping him.

BrissyRedV

Bench
I agree completely. He is not the reason they have lost their last 2 games and despite Bennett's assertion it is form related, I highly doubt it and think it is personal. Perhaps he is showcasing an example to others who may be thinking of jumping ship? Anyway, Sterlo is an excellent judge of talent and I do recall those comments which sums it up well.

denis preston

First Grade
Couple of points re Hunt.

* Just came back from a bad hammy injury and the coach bags him for not running ( i bet his conditioner advised him to ease it in )

* Even if it was over a mill a year within 2 to 3 years that will be the norm for the top 10% and he may even be a bargain at the last years of his contract.Players today are conditioned to play well into their 30's.

* Say if it wasn't vindictive of Bennett can Mary learn that it's ok to make changes for the future ( eg Dufty , etc game time )

* You put even a very good no 7 in our side and Hunt is at least that and watch Widdorp , Lafai and the outside backs flourish.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Saw most of their game last week and he was ok, showed some brilliance as well, but ok the rest of the time. Certainly not some one the other 15 clubs would drop on that performance. Thing is he has the opposition guessing the whole time.
Exactly. I have watched the Broncos this season just to see how he has gone for obvious reasons. His form was improving over the first 2 months of the season and imo was by no means poor. The last 2 games they have lost has not been his fault.

Dragons 09

Juniors

I don't think it's anything sinister mate, just Bennett trying to "switch him on". I agree with you, he hasn't been terrible in the games he has played, but he's only averaging 50 run metres a game and has only 1 try for the season.......should be looking for a bit more than that out of your half back.
I really just think it is just Bennett trying to give him a rev up before the post origin run home commences.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I don't think it's anything sinister mate, just Bennett trying to "switch him on". I agree with you, he hasn't been terrible in the games he has played, but he's only averaging 50 run metres a game and has only 1 try for the season.......should be looking for a bit more than that out of your half back.
I really just think it is just Bennett trying to give him a rev up before the post origin run home commences.

I'm thinking is near impossible to play at one's best, when you have already signed to play for someone else. It is always in the back of the mind, regardless of how professional you are. The coach treats you a little different, your fellow players might as well, you also must feel a little less enthusiastic about committing to your fullest in every game, just to protect yourself for your new club ...............surely it must have some bearing on it all?

I think Bennett should cut his losses and send Hunt our way now, before June 30!

Dragons 09

Juniors
I'm thinking is near impossible to play at one's best, when you have already signed to play for someone else. It is always in the back of the mind, regardless of how professional you are. The coach treats you a little different, your fellow players might as well, you also must feel a little less enthusiastic about committing to your fullest in every game, just to protect yourself for your new club ...............surely it must have some bearing on it all?

I think Bennett should cut his losses and send Hunt our way now, before June 30!

I agree with Bennett cutting his losses:D

As for players finding it near impossible to be at their best if they have already signed elsewhere, yeah, i can see it could be a distraction, but that would probably say more about the players mental toughness than the situation.....hope Benny Hunt is not lacking in that department.

Duges last week as an example was inspirational and i'd like to think him and big Rusty will give it their all for the rest of the season. Similar with Cronk, although he hasn't signed with anyone, he knows he won't be at the Storm next year but i bet we don't see him slacken off through the remainder of the season. Jack Bird is probably another example.

I could be wrong, but i still think Bennett is just giving Benny Hunt a bit of reality check in the hope of getting the best out of him. He hasn't been terrible, but we all know he has more in him and i think Bennett is just trying to extract it during a part of the season when he probably can afford to.

slippery5

Juniors
Yep, he did it to both Tallis & Sammy

SEAT 1A

Bench
Same article on nrl.com, Bennett makes it clear Ben is a Bronco this year.

"Ben has always been going to the Dragons next year. It's not this year. He's an important part of our club and it will remain that way.

"He won't be out of first grade for too long. He just needs to go back and fix a couple of things in his game. He won't be going anywhere [this year]."

Bummer.

Couldn't give toss about the Broncs problems however, it's a bit harsh considering he's been on the sideline and being replaced with Benji.

I have to say alot of people in Qld are starting to turn on Bennett as they see him as a dinosaur who has lost touch with the modern game.

JD has also come under the spot light and is copping some stick also.

Maxwell

Juniors
It's that class we need along side Widdop, behind our forward pack which is going great. If we had Hunt tonight we win. That simple.
Wayne SuperCoach has dropped him because of poor form, what a f###ing moron Mr SuperCoach is Hunts been out injured had 1 game back, so how's his form down. It's a you leave me and I'll f**k you up, now I've got Benji , exactly what he done when Justin Hodges was going to rooster the next season, sent him to reserve grade . What a tosser he is, release him if you don't want him arsehole

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Need to look at bronco forwards. They are not making any indents. Also they are slow to get up and play the ball. Hence no distance or room for halves to run at the line with supporters. Similar to dragons cira 2016.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I agree with Bennett cutting his losses:D

As for players finding it near impossible to be at their best if they have already signed elsewhere, yeah, i can see it could be a distraction, but that would probably say more about the players mental toughness than the situation.....hope Benny Hunt is not lacking in that department.

Duges last week as an example was inspirational and i'd like to think him and big Rusty will give it their all for the rest of the season. Similar with Cronk, although he hasn't signed with anyone, he knows he won't be at the Storm next year but i bet we don't see him slacken off through the remainder of the season. Jack Bird is probably another example.

I could be wrong, but i still think Bennett is just giving Benny Hunt a bit of reality check in the hope of getting the best out of him. He hasn't been terrible, but we all know he has more in him and i think Bennett is just trying to extract it during a part of the season when he probably can afford to.
They interviewed Uncle Wayne tonite and he said he wanted Hunt to go back to the lower grade to get his game back up to scratch and seeing they have a bye next week it would give Hunt an xtra game in the lower grade.....a commentator ask him would he consider an early release to us and he said definately not he wants Hunt back to his best for the finals etc....not sure if its all crap or what but that was on the sports news

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Exactly. I have watched the Broncos this season just to see how he has gone for obvious reasons. His form was improving over the first 2 months of the season and imo was by no means poor. The last 2 games they have lost has not been his fault.
And some of the games they won whilst he was out injured were pure arse ,more than good management....cant remember which ones but at least on 2 occassions they should have lost...one was against The Titans

Latest posts