What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And the Red V is put back into the shelf for another year...

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Our attack looked ok.

Shame about our defence.

It was already 'Better luck next year', but this is the official last game.

Thoughts?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
And the reserve grade?

Actually I thought we lacked the ability to finish when it counted most.

Still, it was good work from the lads to come back in the second half. They gave them a scare - Manly probably owe us one now.

Godz Illa

Coach
Braved the heat and the prospect of a SteveClark-itis and had a reasonably enjoyable day in the Brookvale sun. Clark as expected sodomised us early and in that warm weather I fully expected the Eagles to roll their way to 50 in the second half against a buggered (in more ways than one) Dragons mob. Kudos to Saints for fighting back and producing a little razzle dazzle to keep me randy over the off season. Gasnier was great, also Beau Scott and of course everyone's favourite player Florence Nightingale. The efforts of some of the youngsters augurs well for next year, we must pray that Clark the colossal merkin retires.

Collateral

Coach
Not taking anything away from Manly (Geez they defended well besides the last 15mins) but I really hope Clarke retires.

Father Ted

First Grade
Collateral said:
Not taking anything away from Manly (Geez they defended well besides the last 15mins) but I really hope Clarke retires.

I'd love to know our win/lose record under Steve Clark ?

SilverSteeler

Juniors
Nightingale put in a great effort and good to see the comeback in the second half.
I really thought we were going to score after the whistle...

2008 here we come :D

Dragooner

Bench
Up at Brookvale, under the glorious sun, a big crowd on fathers day, and then I blink and oh sh*t! We're down 28-6 at the break! And the fact that we had conceded something like 6 penalties to 1 in the first 20-25 minutes of the match. That of all people, Coops was making silly errors and played like he couldn't give a f*ck!

Then I feared the worse for the second half...I felt like leaving, honestly! But I stayed...and then on we go, 28-12, 28-18, 28-24, we were playing in the second half, I thought we would pack up shop and let them put 50+ on us....but good on em...they fought on, battled on, and continued onwards but it wasn't to be...but a great second half.

Second half was very good, great spirit and courage to fight on.

Florence was f*cking fantastic, showed heart from start to finish!

Also, Gaz was great as was Scott, Scott has been great this year, we thought of him really as a depth signing...depth my ass :lol:

Southernsaint

Staff member
We can flush the toilet on 2007, finally.

There's always next year, blah blah blah.

2:30pm on Grand Final day I will be in the sky, somewhere over India - a country of a billion people who don't care what is happening at homebush either!!

Stay tuned for the arrival of the Saints Supporters Club of Ireland!!

Southernsaint

Staff member
God-King Dean said:
Is it just me SS or did you have Dracula in your avatar earlier tonight ? :lol:
'

"The money was just resting in my account" for Dracula as well!!

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Permanent move to Ireland SS?

Florence played well.

I thought for a second we might pull the win off; We had numbers to the right. Then Soward ran the ball and I knew it was over. Still, besides our first half defence, we did well.

My Red V never gets put away....
Premier League have at least one more opportunity to display the great Red V. I am pretty sure it will be against Canterbury and if it is at Belmore in a stand alone game I will be there because it will be a beauty.

The Preacher

First Grade
Traditional Saint said:
My Red V never gets put away....
Premier League have at least one more opportunity to display the great Red V. I am pretty sure it will be against Canterbury and if it is at Belmore in a stand alone game I will be there because it will be a beauty.

I hope you're right TS, if that's at Belmore, I'll be there for sure.

Latest posts