What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anderson made me play with injury: Tahu

stuke

Bench
I'm glad Timana's ankle problem has recovered well enough for him to play in the Aboriginal Knockout this weekend. :sarcasm:

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
The problem with Tahu is he's too old. You aren't gonna teach an old dog new tricks. A new coach isn't going to walk in and turn your man around.

The Tahu of 2009 is here to stay. His form may get better, but he'll still the same whinging bitch he is today.

Guys like Tahu are cancer, they're a disease to clubs. They negate the effects positive senior players have on the team. Everything Tahu does is and will be done for Tahu.

If I was an Eels fan I'd want rid of him. Fortunately you'll be rid of the bloke soon. Not long before he has another sook and f**ks off to French or Japanese Union

Gronk

Staff member
The problem with Tahu is he's too old. You aren't gonna teach an old dog new tricks. A new coach isn't going to walk in and turn your man around.

The Tahu of 2009 is here to stay. His form may get better, but he'll still the same whinging bitch he is today.

Guys like Tahu are cancer, they're a disease to clubs. They negate the effects positive senior players have on the team. Everything Tahu does is and will be done for Tahu.

If I was an Eels fan I'd want rid of him. Fortunately you'll be rid of the bloke soon. Not long before he has another sook and f**ks off to French or Japanese Union

Did Tahu have any Rugbyhighlights ?

Eels Dude

Coach
Agree. Duncan's statement that if the Board were not to extend his contract beyond 2011, then it created an untenable situation was utter bullcrap.

Technically then, any coach (or player for that matter) who has a year to run on his contract and the Board are unlikely to renew is in danger of being chopped because it will destabilise the club?

Pulease. :roll:

Again, I'm not saying that Ando did well or even deserves to stay in charge - but they way this was handled is a joke IMO.

Glad someone agrees. One thing I don't get is that we seem to be the only club to decide well in advance whether a coach will be retained or not long term. We did it with Brian Smith, in fairness he had been here too long but it sure seems odd to tell a coach he was unwanted after next year just after he took us to the minor premiership.

Same goes with DA, for the second time in 3 years we're appointing a new coach after the season meaning he has zero say in recruitment for his debut year just like DA coming in after Hagan quit. That basically means next year will be a rebuilding year. If we sign Kearney to a 2 year contract then at the end of next season after we miss the semis because of 'rebuilding' does the board decide yet again they don't want to extend his contract beyond 2012 so sack for 2011. Seems stupid to me.

Let's say DA stayed on for next year and we won our first 10 games of the season, as the board's already made the decision 6 months earlier he won't be coach for 2012 no matter what, he signs with another club, we win the premiership and sign a rookie coach as a replacement... what smart thinking is that? There is no need to make premature decisions like our club is doing in this instance.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
That's democracy for you.

Any public institution that apportions executive power via elections is prone to breaches of information security.

It's one of the reasons things are more efficient and effective when they're privatised.

Bullsh*t, it comes from the children who grow up surrounded by adults who enshrine and walk-the-talk the values, decency, respect, morals, conscience, consideration, etc, they live for and who never lower the bar. A dead corpse corporation (privatisation) can't do that for children. It's f**king dead..... The problem is found in the trash media, trash advertising, trash video games, trash food & liquids, trash education systems, trash lifestyles, trash sexuality, etc, etc, all which collectively create the environment where trash people blossom into adults who do not protect children from the exposure to all the trash which demeans them and their children and the community at large. And out of this trash blossoms liars, deceivers and pirates like 3P and out of that alliance blossoms trash talkers like Tahu.

‎"The System" is a fairytale superimposed over the real world. It can only be given some semblance of existence by causing destruction to LIFE & by enslaving MAN to maintain it. It is dead & cannot maintain or reproduce itself. It needs some to have power over others, to wield their authority over those who reject it & whose intention is to live outside it, because, if everyone did, there would be no illusion.

Last edited:

cv8z

Juniors
Glad someone agrees. One thing I don't get is that we seem to be the only club to decide well in advance whether a coach will be retained or not long term. We did it with Brian Smith, in fairness he had been here too long but it sure seems odd to tell a coach he was unwanted after next year just after he took us to the minor premiership.

Same goes with DA, for the second time in 3 years we're appointing a new coach after the season meaning he has zero say in recruitment for his debut year just like DA coming in after Hagan quit. That basically means next year will be a rebuilding year. If we sign Kearney to a 2 year contract then at the end of next season after we miss the semis because of 'rebuilding' does the board decide yet again they don't want to extend his contract beyond 2012 so sack for 2011. Seems stupid to me.

Let's say DA stayed on for next year and we won our first 10 games of the season, as the board's already made the decision 6 months earlier he won't be coach for 2012 no matter what, he signs with another club, we win the premiership and sign a rookie coach as a replacement... what smart thinking is that? There is no need to make premature decisions like our club is doing in this instance.

We won 10 games all year. You seriously expect to win the first 10 games with the structure displayed so far plus
knowing the coach is no there next year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Same goes with DA, for the second time in 3 years we're appointing a new coach after the season meaning he has zero say in recruitment for his debut year just like DA coming in after Hagan quit.

The difference is, recruiting was much better under Anderson.

That basically means next year will be a rebuilding year.

The salary cap means there's really no such thing as rebuilding years any more. It's to do with young players being paid so much now, and being expected to perform straight away.

If we sign Kearney to a 2 year contract then at the end of next season after we miss the semis because of 'rebuilding' does the board decide yet again they don't want to extend his contract beyond 2012 so sack for 2011. Seems stupid to me.

Because you're only looking at whether or not we made the semis, as your thinking behind why Anderson was sacked. A lot has already been said about his relationships with players and staff, and the lack of structures in place at the club. The lack of improvement in many of the players was also a concern.

Let's say DA stayed on for next year and we won our first 10 games of the season, as the board's already made the decision 6 months earlier he won't be coach for 2012 no matter what

It wouldn't turn out like that. If we started the season 10 and 0 he would definitely be retained.

But that's an extremely unlikely hypothetical.

Bullsh*t, it comes from the children who grow up surrounded by adults who enshrine and walk-the-talk the values, decency, respect, morals, conscience, consideration, etc, they live for and who never lower the bar. A dead corpse corporation (privatisation) can't do that for children.

No that's the job of parents.

It's f**king dead..... The problem is found in the trash media, trash advertising, trash video games, trash food & liquids, trash education systems, trash lifestyles, trash sexuality, etc, etc, all which collectively create the environment where trash people blossom into adults who do not protect children from the exposure to all the trash which demeans them and their children and the community at large. And out of this trash blossoms liars, deceivers and pirates like 3P and out of that alliance blossoms trash talkers like Tahu.

‎"The System" is a fairytale superimposed over the real world. It can only be given some semblance of existence by causing destruction to LIFE & by enslaving MAN to maintain it.

We're already slaves from birth. Have a look at Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. These are the things we spend our entire lives trying to fulfill.

Nobody forces us. It's just how we roll. You're no different.

It is dead & cannot maintain or reproduce itself. It needs some to have power over others, to wield their authority over those who reject it & whose intention is to live outside it

Just as well then because that's how it works in nature too. Coincidence maybe?

No I don't think so either.

because, if everyone did, there would be no illusion.

Yeah whatever hippie.

If you'd rather be right than happy then keep complaining. I think the world's sh*t too but nothing's going to change it. Best get on board and do your best for you and your loved ones.

You'll never change the world but you just might change yourself so you cope with it better.

mrpwnd

Bench
We won 10 games all year. You seriously expect to win the first 10 games with the structure displayed so far plus
knowing the coach is no there next year.
If we flunked down to 10 games this year only from being one of the better teams at the back end of last year, then you can't say for certain that 2011 would be worse. Looking merely at this year filled with drama throughout the entire club is simple hindsight and ignorance on your part, DA as well as any other underperforming player/coach on a contract deserves to see it out regardless of their issues.

lingard

Coach
I gather once they were forced to consider the extension and decided against it the dominos just started falling but at the end of the day no one knows as we are all just guessing.

TBH I'm totally over all the speculation and crap going on over this, elections will be on soon enough and then we'll see the real poll on where people sit with it all, the majority will decide.

The sad thing is that a great many people will be voting solely on 'information' provided by other people`s guesses.

mrpwnd

Bench
The sad thing is that a great many people will be voting solely on 'information' provided by other people`s guesses.
Exactly how much of the general public are informed with fact?
I daresay most people will vote based on that 'information' and rightfully so, there's very little, if any, fact flying around nowadays concerning the club.

lingard

Coach
The difference is, recruiting was much better under Anderson.

The salary cap means there's really no such thing as rebuilding years any more. It's to do with young players being paid so much now, and being expected to perform straight away.

Because you're only looking at whether or not we made the semis, as your thinking behind why Anderson was sacked. A lot has already been said about his relationships with players and staff, and the lack of structures in place at the club. The lack of improvement in many of the players was also a concern.

It wouldn't turn out like that. If we started the season 10 and 0 he would definitely be retained.

But that's an extremely unlikely hypothetical.

No that's the job of parents.

We're already slaves from birth. Have a look at Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. These are the things we spend our entire lives trying to fulfill.

Nobody forces us. It's just how we roll. You're no different.

Just as well then because that's how it works in nature too. Coincidence maybe?

No I don't think so either.

Yeah whatever hippie.

If you'd rather be right than happy then keep complaining. I think the world's sh*t too but nothing's going to change it. Best get on board and do your best for you and your loved ones.

You'll never change the world but you just might change yourself so you cope with it better.

I agree with all you`ve said, Poupou, except for that bit. I think you`d agree that SOME aspects of the world are sh*t, for sure. But some aspects of the world are utterly wonderful.

lingard

Coach
Exactly how much of the general public are informed with fact?
I daresay most people will vote based on that 'information' and rightfully so, there's very little, if any, fact flying around nowadays concerning the club.

Well, my point is: it seems that some people on this forum are just making things up, exaggerating some things, down-playing some things, and using pure conjecture about other things, in an effort to deliberately sway people to their way of thinking. I think it`s a shame. This whole business has become far more complicated, emotional and agenda-driven than it really needs to be.
A coach under-performs.
He is sacked.
Some lies may have been told.
Maybe it could have been handled differently.
One interesting thing for me is that - with the number of people up in arms about the sacking of Daniel Anderson - very few of them bothered contributing to the 'Thank you Daniel Anderson' thread. And those that did were not particularly glowing in their praise of him.
IF this implies that the majority of us ultimately agreed with the board`s decision, then what the f**k is all the hoo hah about?

fish eel

Immortal
Well, my point is: it seems that some people on this forum are just making things up, exaggerating some things, down-playing some things, and using pure conjecture about other things, in an effort to deliberately sway people to their way of thinking. I think it`s a shame. This whole business has become far more complicated, emotional and agenda-driven than it really needs to be.
A coach under-performs.
He is sacked.

One interesting thing for me is that - with the number of people up in arms about the sacking of Daniel Anderson - very few of them bothered contributing to the 'Thank you Daniel Anderson' thread. And those that did were not particularly glowing in their praise of him.
IF this implies that the majority of us ultimately agreed with the board`s decision, then what the f**k is all the hoo hah about?

you would think this was the first time in the history of professional sports a coach was sacked before his contract ended. Coulda been handled better, absolutely, the our board, like any others have the right to punt a coach if they believe its necessary.

Glenn

First Grade
If the reason why Anderson was sacked was really related to under performance, and a poor performance review then obviously the trip to Melbourne to speak to SK was just a co-incidence.
Maybe my naturally cynical views on things, but I can't believe that for one iota.

CrazyEel

Bench
A coach under-performs.
He is sacked.
Well said, I guess to some extent all decision's become emotive and agenda driven for those it doesn't suit. You can't please everyone and I guess there are some you will never please anyway.

I seem to remember tha Anderson had a falling out with Eric Grothe this year as well.

Looks as though Anderson lost the respect of his own players.

Latest posts