What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anderson made me play with injury: Tahu

lingard

Coach
Tahu tells a couple of truths and is labelled a whinger. Meanwhile back at LeagueUnlimited, self-professed Parra tragics are leading the pack of whingers.

Anderson doesn't exactly have a clean record when it comes to his relationships with players, yet many of you appear to have sided with him simply because you are not happy with the way he was sacked - despite not really knowing the inner workings of the club.

Remember that hearing club machinations second hand is not always accurate yet many of you will take Beryl the Tea Lady's gossip as gospel and form a righteous opinion on it.

That says it all. The real answewr is that hardly any of us on here are in a position to form an accurate opinion on the recent happenings at the club.
Beryl the Tea Lady has a lot to answer for.

boxhead

First Grade
That says it all. The real answewr is that hardly any of us on here are in a position to form an accurate opinion on the recent happenings at the club.
Beryl the Tea Lady has a lot to answer for.

It's exactly my view too.....people are rushing off and saying they quit the Eels because of what has happened when they don't even know what was really happening behind the scenes....I severely doubt more than about three or four people on these forums knows anything close to the truth, which is why people going off early just really annoys me-you can't sledge someone in real life without the facts, why do you do it to the board?

lingard

Coach
It seems that Anderson had very little control of recruitment/retention at the club .....if this continues under Kearney then nothing will change .

That is something I would really like to have cleared up. It`s annoying the hell out of me. Who is telling the truth about recruitment/selection? The board (and Ossie) seem to be saying it was ALL Daniel Anderson; whereas Anderson has been 'quoted?' as saying that he only signed Shackleton and Poore. Also, was there any pressure put on Anderson to continually select Mortimer, or was that entirely his decision. Does anyone know? (I mean not just speculate, but know.) Will we ever know?

parra pete

Referee
That is something I would really like to have cleared up. It`s annoying the hell out of me. Who is telling the truth about recruitment/selection? The board (and Ossie) seem to be saying it was ALL Daniel Anderson; whereas Anderson has been 'quoted?' as saying that he only signed Shackleton and Poore. Also, was there any pressure put on Anderson to continually select Mortimer, or was that entirely his decision. Does anyone know? (I mean not just speculate, but know.) Will we ever know?

This is how whispering campaigns usually work -----The owner told Clarence the Clocker, the Clocker told jockey McGee, the jockey of course, passed it onto the horse, and the horse told me.

lingard

Coach
I wish we had someone there who could step into the club and say to some of those players

"Ive seen you play, and you've been pretty ordinary, so pull your finger out of your @rse and play some footy, and if you cant handle it then f***k off somewhere else"

Tahu to me played with poor attitude and to come out say that is just embarrassing for the club. He's done nothing since he came here from Union, and he should wake up to himself and just play footy, that also goes for a lot of the players in our squad. Its time they should pull their heads in. If they did that earlier, then Anderson would still be here.

I reckon a tall guy with a big face could probably do that. :lol::lol:

parra pete

Referee
The truth is that the game has clearly outstripped the administrators. It's a shame that a fine sport should be forced to carry some bad administrators.......Jack Gibson, 1977.

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's clear that Anderson Was a devisive figure in the club.

I wouldn't say it's clear but it certainly seems that way. Whether it's his fault or not, I get the feeling Anderson had to go.

I initially thought he should be allowed to see out the final year of his contract but Glen Duncan made an excellent point that if they weren't going to renew Anderson's contract, they shouldn't keep him around knowing it would be his final year - history shows coaches are ineffective when they know they won't be at their clubs next year.

Anderson hasn't been ripped off; he'll get his money, which means he's a couple hundred grand better off than most of us. Plus he's free to do whatever he wants next year.

Why should any of us feel sad for him? I don't think there's too many of us he'd want to swap lives with.

Eels Dude

Coach
I wouldn't say it's clear but it certainly seems that way. Whether it's his fault or not, I get the feeling Anderson had to go.

I initially thought he should be allowed to see out the final year of his contract but Glen Duncan made an excellent point that if they weren't going to renew Anderson's contract, they shouldn't keep him around knowing it would be his final year - history shows coaches are ineffective when they know they won't be at their clubs next year.

Anderson hasn't been ripped off; he'll get his money, which means he's a couple hundred grand better off than most of us. Plus he's free to do whatever he wants next year.

Why should any of us feel sad for him? I don't think there's too many of us he'd want to swap lives with.

What I don't understand is why the club had to make a decision midway through this year about the coaching role for 2012. Why not wait and see how the club performs in 2011 before making a decision on a coach for the following year. I don't understand why Duncan would come out and say if they didn't extent his contract into 2012 NOW, he shouldn't be around next year.

CrazyEel

Bench
What I don't understand is why the club had to make a decision midway through this year about the coaching role for 2012. Why not wait and see how the club performs in 2011 before making a decision on a coach for the following year. I don't understand why Duncan would come out and say if they didn't extent his contract into 2012 NOW, he shouldn't be around next year.
Because according to DA's manager he approached them to get a contract extension which forced the board to respond.

Eels Dude

Coach
Because according to DA's manager he approached them to get a contract extension which forced the board to respond.

They could have just said no and told him they'd review a contract extension next year.

If you said to your boss you'd like a pay rise you shouldn't have to worry about being sacked if he says no.

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
They could have just said no and told him they'd review a contract extension next year.

If you said to your boss you'd like a pay rise you shouldn't have to worry about being sacked if he says no.

You don't normally ask for a pay rise if your performance is under scrutiny.

Suity

Maroubra Eel

Coach

At least Kearney will be alot cheaper, even though we are paying Anderson out. Surely he can't go any worse than this year.

Gronk

Staff member

Agree. Duncan's statement that if the Board were not to extend his contract beyond 2011, then it created an untenable situation was utter bullcrap.

Technically then, any coach (or player for that matter) who has a year to run on his contract and the Board are unlikely to renew is in danger of being chopped because it will destabilise the club?

Pulease. :roll:

Again, I'm not saying that Ando did well or even deserves to stay in charge - but they way this was handled is a joke IMO.

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
You don't normally ask for a pay rise if your performance is under scrutiny.

Suity

A coach's performance is always under scrutiny. It's part and parcel of the job. Doesn't mean they don't have a right to request a contract extension if they wish to do so.

CrazyEel

Bench
I gather once they were forced to consider the extension and decided against it the dominos just started falling but at the end of the day no one knows as we are all just guessing.

TBH I'm totally over all the speculation and crap going on over this, elections will be on soon enough and then we'll see the real poll on where people sit with it all, the majority will decide.