What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anderson ---> Roosters

tommytomlin

Bench
Ron Jeremy said:
What would happen to the Roosters if something happened to Nick Politis?

Just curious, as it seems the Roosters rely so much on this guy financially, and if somethign happened to him....I can't see how they'd be any better off then a team like Souths for an example?

Easts Leagues, Packer, Bouris. But Politis isn't the sugar-daddy of the Roosters. He's definitely pitched in when times were tough (the conveniently generous City Ford sponsorship), and to help sign players, but it's not like they'd go bankrupt within a few years of his hypothetical demise.

Inferno

Coach
There is only ever 1 way to go when you win the wooden spoon...

Good luck though, if we still have Raper and Kimmorley next year you will definately finish higher than us.

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
What would happen to the Roosters if something happened to Nick Politis?

Just curious, as it seems the Roosters rely so much on this guy financially, and if somethign happened to him....I can't see how they'd be any better off then a team like Souths for an example?

Where did you get that idea from, they have one of the strongest leagues clubs and major sponsors on que unlike souths. Do you have any idea who sits on the board for the roosters!

skeepe

Immortal
Anderson had already been rejected as a coach by four teams this year... he definately made it known that he was available...had an interview with the Raiders, never progressed past that stage, Eels, Knights and Panthers all went elsewhere...

But hey, 5th time lucky I guess for the Roosters' 3rd choice as coach.

LRC

Rotten Rooster said:
Where did you get that idea from, they have one of the strongest leagues clubs and major sponsors on que unlike souths. Do you have any idea who sits on the board for the roosters!

The toilets at easts leagues are worth more than souths...the roosters own bucket loads of property throughout australia..their income stream is not just limited to pokies like some clubs.

Stagger eel

Staff member
skeepe said:
Anderson had already been rejected as a coach by four teams this year... he definately made it known that he was available...had an interview with the Raiders, never progressed past that stage, Eels, Knights and Panthers all went elsewhere...

do you have proof that he offered his services to those clubs or do you just believe every media report that comes out??

I don't think he's as bad a coach as he's potrayed by most people here.

The Informer

Juniors
skeepe said:

Thin on facts Skeepe.
- Eels never talked to nor considered Anderson. The Hagan deal was done months before it hit the media after the Knights told him he would not be resigned.
- Panthers never talked nor considered Anderson. They only chased one person, Elliott and got him at the 12th hr under the guard of the Knights.

Anderson did put himself up for the Knights and Raisers job.

STSAE

Juniors
skeepe said:

And good luck with who is it, Heal Henry, new head-jobb coach next year??

Souffs and the wooden spoon will be sh!ttin themselves.

:D :D

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
lol at those bagging Anderson's appointment. Some stats courtesy of Wally TLSF, show he has a pretty handy coaching record.

1990 Bulldogs 22 12 9 1 54.55%
1991 Bulldogs 23 13 9 1 56.52%
1992 Bulldogs 22 10 10 2 45.45%
1993 Bulldogs 24 17 7 0 70.83%
1994 Bulldogs 24 19 5 0 79.17%
1995 Bulldogs 26 18 8 0 69.23%
1996 Bulldogs 21 11 10 0 52.38%
1997 Bulldogs 19 10 9 0 52.63%
1998 Storm 27 18 8 1 66.67%
1999 Storm 28 19 9 0 67.86%
2000 Storm 27 14 12 1 51.85%
2001 Storm 7 2 5 0 28.57%
2002 Sharks 27 16 11 0 59.26%
2003 Sharks 24 8 16 0 33.33%
Totals 321 187 128 6 58.26%

This is for the record the roster Anderson had at his disposal in 2003..

Russell Aitken, Jarrad Anderson, Phil Bailey, Chris Beattie, Matt Bickerstaff, Greg Bird, Dean Bosnich, Andrew Dallalana, Daniel Dumas, Andrew Emelio, Paul Franze, Roy Friend, Paul Gallen, Keith Galloway, Patrick Gibson, Nick Graham, Matt Hilder, Sam Isemonger, Jason Kent, Brett Kimmorley, Laloa Milford, Jye Mullane, Dale Newton, Danny Nutley, Nick Paterson, David Peachey, Matthew Rieck, David Simmons, Jason Stevens, Michael Sullivan, Dean Treister, Don Tweddle, Nathan Vagg, Shaun Wessel, Reece Williams, Nick Youngquest.

I have never liked the guy but his record is fantastic..