What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anderson ---> Roosters

STSAE

Juniors
Bluebag said:
RR is correct the players do rate him he is aplayers coach, gives guys a chance and if they play well they get another go. He doesn't bag players and at Cronulla the division was when he threw the officials out before games and put some noses out of joint.

I think he is a great choice as coach to as he can develop players and the roosters have plenty of young talent on the books. 2 premierships and when he left Melbourne Murray dragged them down and at the Sharks the officials dragged him down.

Very well said.

EASTS TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get plucked you whingers.

:D :D

STSAE

Juniors
adamkungl said:
The reason we got rid of our previous coach was because he dropped from 2nd to 14th in 2 years. So now we sign the bloke who did the same thing at Sharks? With the added risk of Kimmorley? Explain that logic

Rediculous.

Get with it mate. Settle down, take a bex and readjust.

FFS the Sharks couldnt run a chook raffel.

I hate seeing our supporters running around like chooks with their heads chopped off!!

Any more cliches I can find??

:D :D

Ice777

Bench
Mr Saab said:
Noddy will be the tri colours halfback also.
Poor roosters supporters...they get rid of Finch and in comes the Devil.

I like every other Storm supporter have taken great pleasure in watching Kimmorley going from the top of his game when he left us, to gradually watching his career decline as every year has passed since. One can only guess the demise will continue if he finds his way to his 6th club, especially the Roosters. The grass is rarely greener on the other side Brett, but i'm sure you found that out not long after you left the Storm :lol:

The Business

Juniors
All this negativity about Anderson leads me to believe that it will be a success.

He has the runs on the board. None of his teams have been failures. In 2002 Cronulla were looking good until they came accross a rampant Roosters outfit.

His Record is hard to argue with.

Nick Politis has a good habit of making the right call on big decisions.

He sacked Ron Jones...success.

He appointed Bernie Gurr..success.

He appointed Gould...success.

He appointed Murray...success.

He sacked Murray...success.

He appointed Stuart...success.

He sacked Stuart...?

Time will tell if the trend will continue.

lugsy

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
You reckon? You will have Kimmorley @ 7 and Anasta @ 6. Two of the "best" performers at origin level.
What a combo.
Yes but your wrong about Kimmorley coming to the club.

Lego_Man

First Grade
The Business said:
In 2002 Cronulla were looking good until they came accross a rampant Roosters outfit.

They were actually beaten by the Warriors in that year.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
My hatred of Sydney City/Sydney/Eastern Suburbs/Roosters/Tri-Colours knows absolutely no bounds. But I don't think it is all that bad a signing. Put it this way, it'll either work quite well or they will win 2 games. I don't really see an in between.

The Business

Juniors
Lego_Man said:
They were actually beaten by the Warriors in that year.
I realise that but until they lost to the Roosters in consecutive matches (round 26 to lose a top 4 spot & first round of the semis) they were the form team of the competition.

melon....

Coach
S.S.T.I.D said:
My hatred of Sydney City/Sydney/Eastern Suburbs/Roosters/Tri-Colours knows absolutely no bounds. But I don't think it is all that bad a signing. Put it this way, it'll either work quite well or they will win 2 games. I don't really see an in between.
Happy 98th season in 2007!

sharknows

Bench
So how many decent players do the Roosters have for next year. Well Ando will bring his winning culture and by the end of 2007 they will all be gone.... Where is Jarryd playing at present? He'll look good in the the red white and blue next year.

Tommy Smith

Referee
LOL at all the negativity. Anderson has won two Premierships and Kimmorley is a premiership winning halfback who has shown his class for many years.

By all means come to the Roosters, fellas.

nqboy

First Grade
Good signing IMO. Given they lost Bennett cos they couldn't keep a secret. That would have been one hell of a coup.

Knightmare

Coach
adamkungl said:
The reason we got rid of our previous coach was because he dropped from 2nd to 14th in 2 years. So now we sign the bloke who did the same thing at Sharks? With the added risk of Kimmorley? Explain that logic

Why Ando failed at the Sharks:
ANDO: I want to bring this club their first Premiership, but you must trust me and the winning culture I want to instill here. Back me 100% and trust me.

SHARKS: What's a winning culture? We don't like you Anderson, you've taken away all the nice friendly players who used to lose for us, now when September comes we actually make the mistake of feeling hopeful about our chances- you're fired!

The Roosters, on the other hand, know what it takes to win and will do anything to be successful. They should be a great match-up.

Choppies

Coach
Knightmare said:
ANDO: I want to bring this club their first Premiership, but you must trust me and the winning culture I want to instill here. Back me 100% and trust me.

SHARKS: What's a winning culture? We don't like you Anderson, you've taken away all the nice friendly players who used to lose for us, now when September comes we actually make the mistake of feeling hopeful about our chances- you're fired!

The Roosters, on the other hand, know what it takes to win and will do anything to be successful. They should be a great match-up.

:lol::lol::lol:

OVP

Coach
The last time i saw people laugh at a Roosters coaching appointment was in 2002 with a totally untested coach in Ricky Stuart.

From Ringo Starr, songwriter of I am The Walrus ... "Dont you know the Joker laughs at you ?"

pantherz9103

First Grade
Knightmare said:

He obviously had to be sacked after the end of the 2003 season. They did well in 2002 when they still had the likes of Chris Mckenna and Matty Johns. The Sharks finished 12th in '03 and were never even in contention for the 8 and the flat attack was really pissing the fans off. Only problem is they appointed Raper who wasn't any better.

OVP

Coach
Knightmare said:

That really is the TRUTH, if EVER i saw it. Nice post mate :)

nuthead

Juniors
Knightmare said:

That sounds somewhat similar to this-
HAGAN- I know we got the wooden spoon last year, but this season I'll take the team all the way to the semi's, maybe even the BIG ONE.

KNIGHTS- No, we need a coach who can create division amongst the players, instil a lack of discipline so they come to training pissed and most of all, our best player doesn't really like him.