What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anderson ---> Roosters

Nevcost

Juniors
I reckon this is Andos last chance at credibility, and either the Roosters will go good and he'll establish a winnng culture or it'll all go bad.

But then again look at what happened to Tim Sheens he went from going bad at the Cowboys to winning a premmiership with the Tigers.

The real question will be whether Ando can adapt tactics to suit the way the NRL is played currently, the way that Sheens did to win a Premiership?

spider

Coach
Unfortunately it does not look good for Kimmorely to head to the Roosters - in 07 anyway - paid too much money at Cronulla.

Maybe he will lift his form to enable him to stitch up a contract for 08 with his old mate Ando.

That seems promising - i hope it becomes reality.

Alex28

Coach
He might get along with the players alright, but seems to have some problems getting along with club management. How on earth is he going to get along with a guy like Politis?

This has sh*tfight written all over it...

ozzie

Bench
Bluebag said:
RR is correct the players do rate him he is aplayers coach, gives guys a chance and if they play well they get another go. He doesn't bag players and at Cronulla the division was when he threw the officials out before games and put some noses out of joint.
he also threw them off the bus

ozzie

Bench
S.S.T.I.D said:
My hatred of Sydney City/Sydney/Eastern Suburbs/Roosters/Tri-Colours knows absolutely no bounds.

geez the same way I feel about the perennial losers Soufs

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors
Alex28 said:
He might get along with the players alright, but seems to have some problems getting along with club management. How on earth is he going to get along with a guy like Politis?

This has sh*tfight written all over it...

If he is winning Uncle Nick will not have a problem in the world with him.

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors
Not too sure how I feel about this. Chris Anderson has had enormous success as a coach however he does tend to be a human headline. Controversy seems to follow him.

I know that players like him & he is the sort of coach who can attract name players to a club - something that we were desperate to have. He is a "players" coach & has a reputation for giving the younger guys a go.

I do not like the flat attack he employed at Melbourne & the Sharks however I am confident that the last few years of being a spectator would have shown him that the game has evolved & alternative game plans are needed.

I doubt we will have Kimmorley in our colours. We could not afford him anyway.

Fittler has given Anderson a glowing endorsement. They clearly have a good relationship. The players respect Fittler & we know they respect Anderson.

I think I am cautiously optimistic about 2007.

JJ

Immortal
Nevcost said:
I reckon this is Andos last chance at credibility,

while he's hardly my favourite coach

he's
1. won two premierships
2. coached Australia, and unlike Bennett never lost a series (in fact won at least one in very difficult cricumstances)

So, he has some credibility, surely

fatshark

Bench
Anderson was never given a chance at the Sharks.

yeah he was , but in the contract it 3 strikes and your out. He hit those 3 strikes on the head..
I thought we were unlucky in 2002 not to make the GF under ANdo, he really brought in a great crew and recruited well in such a short time. Only problem is he persisted with useles players like one Jarred Anderson and Don Tweedle as well.
Unfortunetly a stubborn coach didnt go down well at the Sharks with the old head board members. I reckon he will do well with the Rooters as he has a sh*tload of cash to work with.

yobbo84

Coach
Gees, sounds familiar:

* Poor selections leading to poor performances, in-house fighting amongst the playing group, disenchantment amongst supporters leading to dwindling crowds
* Spontaneous sacking of the coach and then rushing to sign a replacement to appease angry fans rather than run a wide-scale search for the best possible candidate
* Missing out on the top players on the market to your neighbours and subsequently paying "overs" for the next best

If I wasn't mistaken, I'd swear we were talking about South Sydney!

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
Nevcost said:
I reckon this is Andos last chance at credibility, and either the Roosters will go good and he'll establish a winnng culture or it'll all go bad.

But then again look at what happened to Tim Sheens he went from going bad at the Cowboys to winning a premmiership with the Tigers.

The real question will be whether Ando can adapt tactics to suit the way the NRL is played currently, the way that Sheens did to win a Premiership?

yes but it has taken him 3 seasons to adapt to the way nrl was being played...

t-ba

Post Whore
yobbo84 said:
Gees, sounds familiar:

* Poor selections leading to poor performances, in-house fighting amongst the playing group, disenchantment amongst supporters leading to dwindling crowds
* Spontaneous sacking of the coach and then rushing to sign a replacement to appease angry fans rather than run a wide-scale search for the best possible candidate
* Missing out on the top players on the market to your neighbours and subsequently paying "overs" for the next best

If I wasn't mistaken, I'd swear we were talking about South Sydney!

Unlike Souths...The Roosters don't have to worry about Cash though. ;-) Financial woes have been a pretty consistent theme in the Souths Drama since the 1970's!

yobbo84

Coach
t-ba said:
Unlike Souths...The Roosters don't have to worry about Cash though. ;-) Financial woes have been a pretty consistent theme in the Souths Drama since the 1970's!

Ahh... I'm pretty sure Souths don't have to worry about cash anymore.

t-ba

Post Whore
yobbo84 said:
Ahh... I'm pretty sure Souths don't have to worry about cash anymore.

But to ignore it as a key cause of Souths woes over the years is a bit silly.

Danish said:
Yup. Kimmorley will be in the 7 within months if this is true.

Looks like the FOFF will have more work to do.

Yep... Ando's lovechild will be running around in Roosters colors next year.:cool:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
What would happen to the Roosters if something happened to Nick Politis?

Just curious, as it seems the Roosters rely so much on this guy financially, and if somethign happened to him....I can't see how they'd be any better off then a team like Souths for an example?

yobbo84

Coach
t-ba said:
But to ignore it as a key cause of Souths woes over the years is a bit silly.

I'd rather ignore the past, thank you very much! :? A far as I'm concerned, we've taken the right steps going forward, and there's only one way to go from here...

Latest posts