What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Fifita

Dragsters

First Grade
Dragons offer 150 grand this year and 300 next year. His contract with sharks is 800 this year so they have paid almost 6 months already. I don’t like the bloke but at that freight I would drive him to the gong.

I don't like him much either, mainly cos he wears a gummies jersey but pending clearance from OUR team doctors that his knee is good enough to last that long, then yes.

It's still a gamble, so the freight you have suggested feels about right and I wouldn't be prepared to go much higher.

I would throw in some petrol money for the road trip to the gong though...

qld redvee

Juniors
Only thing that is a concern is he is still contracted for 2022 so would we have to "honour" that deal ?
If we could pick him up for a song then its a no brainer as he makes yards is great close to the line and has that intimidation factor that we desperately need . If his knees are gone then could he become a liability for 2022 .... But if he has had a blue with morris then he will have a point to prove cant imagine him in the big red v but we do need something like himm

thebigredv

First Grade
I'm just glad Griffin is out there looking for the right kind of player rather than sitting back and letting this one slip as a 'rebuild' year. Already latched on to Molo for the future and now looking to beef us up for the present season, using his contacts. It's all good in my book.

Crush

Coach
Why would Sharks pay 90% of his salary to get him off their books?
That just makes no sense to me.
They’d be better off keeping him in reserve grade in case of injuries.
He’s obviously had a big falling out with Morris or Bellamy really is heading to Sharks next year and asked them to get rid of him.

LINESPEED

Juniors
He’s obviously had a big falling out with Morris or Bellamy really is heading to Sharks next year and asked them to get rid of him.

Fifita’s already given Duff his first break

kit66

Bench

Maybe they want to upgrade a junior into their top 30 or have their eyes on an acquisition from another team.

A big, tough 118kg , 31 year old prop with 250 games under his belt including 36 rep games, on a budget deal, yes please.

RedVDave

First Grade
Rumour is he's actually really fit and trained hard in the offseason reason he can't get a go at the Sharks is he's had a falling out with Morris, because he doesn't rate him defensively.

Definitely a worthwhile signing for mine I wish we'd snapped him up years ago when the Tigers punted him for Blair (massive LOLs) as the old saying goes better late than never.

kit66

Bench
Rumour is he's actually really fit and trained hard in the offseason reason he can't get a go at the Sharks is he's had a falling out with Morris, because he doesn't rate him defensively.

Definitely a worthwhile signing for mine I wish we'd snapped him up years ago when the Tigers punted him for Blair (massive LOLs) as the old saying goes better late than never.

As I noted in the Rumours thread Fifita played 68 minutes in the Round 1 win over us for the Jets, made over 200 metres and 25 tackles - 1 miss. Not bad for a bloke some are saying is busted and finished.

possm

Coach
So far Griffin has been spot on with his recruitment so I trust that he knows what he is doing.

In other threads I've stated that I estimate the Dragons still have salary cap for the De Belin (if he becomes available) plus 500k (the money they set aside to buy Izzy Folou.

Fifita is on 800k with half of his 2021 salary already paid by the Sharks. The Dragons are possibly looking to pick him up for 300k for the remainder of 2021 with an option in their favour at 500k for 2022. Good luck if they can get that deal. To me it seems that Griffin really does see Kerr as an edge forward. With potential prop depth of Vaughan, Molo, Fifita, Alvaro, Lawrie, Faamausili, Ellis and Blacker, we certainly have the depth for a good prop rotation.

Providing he is on the mend (like Bird and McCullough), he would be a good pickup. A link to Fifita's profile is pasted below.

Blacker will be extended mainly because he is on a low salary, is a junior and he has plenty of upside. I'm sure the coaching staff are working on him.

Official NRL profile of Andrew Fifita for Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks - Sharks

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
So far Griffin has been spot on with his recruitment so I trust that he knows what he is doing.

In other threads I've stated that I estimate the Dragons still have salary cap for the De Belin (if he becomes available) plus 500k (the money they set aside to buy Izzy Folou.

Fifita is on 800k with half of his 2021 salary already paid by the Sharks. The Dragons are possibly looking to pick him up for 300k for the remainder of 2021 with an option in their favour at 500k for 2022. Good luck if they can get that deal. To me it seems that Griffin really does see Kerr as an edge forward. With potential prop depth of Vaughan, Molo, Fifita, Alvaro, Lawrie, Faamausili, Ellis and Blacker, we certainly have the depth for a good prop rotation.

Providing he is on the mend (like Bird and McCullough), he would be a good pickup. A link to Fifita's profile is pasted below.

Blacker will be extended mainly because he is on a low salary, is a junior and he has plenty of upside. I'm sure the coaching staff are working on him.

Official NRL profile of Andrew Fifita for Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks - Sharks
Blacker is from Qld. Not a dragons junior Possm

Latest posts