What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns - are you upset?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'll only speak up on a common opinion? Who started the thread?

:lol:

You're not allowing anyone to bag Johns without a fight either, you're just as bad, if not worse. This is it for me replying to you mate, if you have a continued problem, grow up and f**king PM me. Pathetic.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I'd describe becoming the leading point-scorer ever as something "going his way". He could've crowed about it, but he did the exact opposite, putting the team before himself.

I'm not saying it's right, but you can hardly label him as selfish for what he did.

Putting the team before himself????

Did the team ask him to renig on the award? No.

Would the team have bregrudged him the award? No.

Would his fellow players been proud of him when he accepted the award? Yes.

Would his fellow players love to tell their grandkids "I was on the field the day Joey broke the record"? Yes.

Putting the team before yourself means fulfilling public acts that promote the team and the game.

I recall Johns in a similar situation when QLD drew a third origin, and retained the title. Tallis - you all know what I think of him - at least invited Johns up to share the spoils and to acknowledge the reality of the situation.

Ths time was just sheer rudeness. As a Parra fan, I'm apalled that the presentation will be made at Newcastle, therefore robbing that fans who were there the right to celebrate. Parra fans gave him a standing ovation as well.

I cannot recall a more selfish act in recent times on the field.

It's also an affront to Knights fans who travel - those hardy souls who pack the buses and give the Knights a ton of support on the road.

I would have hoped that JT took the ball home and gave it to his kids.

Tom Shines

First Grade
I thought it was extremely poor form.

He can't just throw the toys out of the pram because the team (and he) played so poorly. It was to celebrate 13 years of achievement in Rugby League, not the one match v Parra.

Hopefully when Hazem breaks the record, he will be a lot more humble and gracious than Johns was.