What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns-Greatest Ever?

Andrew Johns-Greatest Ever?

• Yes

Votes: 102 45.7%
  • No

Votes: 121 54.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noa

First Grade
No ones putting him in that league (at least Im not). Theres more to greatness then pure talent. All Meltiger is saying that in terms of raw talent Mundine is up with the best.

Which is true.

The Preacher

First Grade
meltiger said:
Mostly referring to him walking away, although I actually don't blame him when even your own clubs fans want you to leave for a bloke who only ever had half the talent he had.

However, how many Origins/Tests did he play? There was so much more he could have achieved in his time in the game than he did, and I for one am sorry we never did get to see him on those bigger stages, for whatver reason that may have been ;-)

Is that a "partial" retraction I see there Melti ??? What a "Royal" place the schooner tossing must've taken place in !!! :D

meltiger

First Grade
Noa Nandruku said:
No ones putting him in that league (at least Im not). Theres more to greatness then pure talent. All Meltiger is saying that in terms of raw talent Mundine is up with the best.

Which is true.

:) Someone can read at least lol

i still don't know what was so hard to understand about my statement "some achieved more in the game than others" ie: Joey & Wally will always be rememberd as infinitly better players because of what they achieved in the game (& deservedly so).

Doesn't mean Mundine didn't have the ability to have been rated up there with the greats.

Calixte

First Grade
No. Although he might scrape into the top 10.

Seriously - some of the people posting here have no idea about the history of TGG.

meltiger

First Grade
The Preacher said:
Is that a "partial" retraction I see there Melti ??? What a "Royal" place the schooner tossing must've taken place in !!! :D

lol :)

& probably a retraction if you want to call it that, I have no desire to go further down the slander road ;-)

voltron

Juniors
He is the best i have seen play
and i am sad that he is gone from the field
never got to see him play live, which i am very disappointed about.
He has an excitement and aura around him
great vision and very passionate, sometimes too passionate it could be argued.

good luck joey

Raider_69

Post Whore
simon says said:
To even mention Mundine in the same breath as Johns and Lewis is bizarre.

Credibilty zero after that one IMO.

for one of few times, i agree
Mundine isnt fit to clean the toilets of the greats
Mundine wasnt nearly as talented as Johns, Fittler or Daley, let alone Lewis or Sterling