What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns questions Dragons' recruitment of Ben Hunt as pressure rises

Old Timer

Coach
Because Hunt is a better player than Cronk..

tenor.gif
IYO not only better than Croft but also better player than Cronk!!!!!
You surely are kidding.

Old Timer

Coach
Yes, we approached Cronk. But he chose to stay with the Storm.

So we went after Hunt.

Given Cronk recommitted to the Storm, in what logical world would they have then gone out and chased Hunt as well?

That’s how history has played out.

Had we secured Cronk, then history would be different.

I’m not sure why you can’t grasp this?
So what you are telling me that Bellamy never new Cronk was contemplating retiring or leaving and therefore did no preparation.

SBD82

Coach
OK fair point I did get put out by your comment "strange" & "absurd"
Why is it absurd for me to think the way I have tor the way I have supported my view and in the meantime whilst it is not absurd for others to suggest that if both were in the Melbourne squad Hunt would be picked ahead of Croft?
I have simply sated that IMO if Hunt had been an option for Melbourne they would have exercised that option and by not doing so Croft or for that matter others were considered better options than Hunt?
Because you’ve changed the argument to suit your rant.

The question was about selection, not recruitment.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So what you are telling me that Bellamy never new Cronk was contemplating retiring or leaving and therefore did no preparation.
I’m sure he had a succession plan, but given the world’s best halfback had just recommitted for the next two seasons, I’m relatively confident that the plan didn’t involve signing a $1m+ player to play reserve grade during that time..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Like muzby you don’t seem to comprehend very well
Maybe you are one and the same person
Lol.. Your paranoia is flaring up today..

Out of curiosity, perhaps you could explain what it is exactly that people don’t comprehend about what you are saying..

giboz71

First Grade
We’ve been blessed with the 4 best halves in the history of the game the last 15 years.

Starting with Andrew Johns, then Darren Lockyer and more recently Thurston and Cronk.

Unfortunately the current crop just don’t measure up, but we keep expecting them to. That’s why guys like DCE, Hunt, Pearce, Ash Taylor, Luke Brooks, Shaun Johnson, even Nathan Cleary are under such a spotlight. None have come close to the 4 guys I mentioned and probably never will despite their big salaries.

I think we all just need to accept that and stop focusing on their pay cheques.

I personally don’t have a problem with what we have paid Hunt, and rate him above most of the other big dollar halfbacks.

Old Timer

Coach
I’m still unsure whether you’re a fool or a merkin. For your sake I hope it’s the latter, but I suspect it’s not.
Unlike you I have no uncertainty as I am certain you are a dead shit of the highest order.
You like muzby can’t be a merkin as you have neither enough depth or warmth.
Perhaps you might be able to comprehend that.

Old Timer

Coach
Lol.. Your paranoia is flaring up today..

Out of curiosity, perhaps you could explain what it is exactly that people don’t comprehend about what you are saying..
Lol paranoia is it?
If you need me to explain simply things obviously you are too stupid to comprehend them, so why would I bother?
Don’t forget to give your Hunt dopp a cuddle.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Yep Hunt may or may not ultimately be seen to be a mistake, especially given the money we paid, but we will see. He certainly has not delivered consistently, but not having a half for the previous four or five years made the Club desperate and we paid massive overs. I guess that is the true legacy of Price and MacGregor, they have created a Club that few people want to come to, and also one that some don’t want to stay at.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Lol paranoia is it?
If you need me to explain simply things obviously you are too stupid to comprehend them, so why would I bother?
Don’t forget to give your Hunt dopp a cuddle.
No mate, I’m gently advising that if everyone else doesn’t get what it is that you are trying to say, perhaps that it is the message needs to be changed, not the audience..

And what’s a Hunt dopp? Is that a doppelgänger?

I’d rather cuddle the real thing, personally..

SBD82

Coach
Unlike you I have no uncertainty as I am certain you are a dead shit of the highest order.
You like muzby can’t be a merkin as you have neither enough depth or warmth.
Perhaps you might be able to comprehend that.
It wasn’t funny the first time you plagiarised the joke.

Old Timer

Coach
No mate, I’m gently advising that if everyone else doesn’t get what it is that you are trying to say, perhaps that it is the message needs to be changed, not the audience..

And what’s a Hunt dopp? Is that a doppelgänger?

I’d rather cuddle the real thing, personally..
Your alter ego doesn’t get it either so I get that but nobody else seems to be offering such an opinion.
Re the dopp obviously a typo but you couldn’t even comprehend that and then had to offer an opinion or sarcasm which is merelyva poor mans whit which you seem to take pride in.
Hunt over Croft for Bellamy laughable :joy: