What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns Retires - It's Official

_Johnsy

Referee
I have to laugh at all the people who say he is a wanker et.al. Have any of these people actually met the man ?

if not who's the wanker?

RABK

Referee
I've met him numerous times, anything but a wanker. Very shy and humble man. He didn't like to sign things though because of the simple fact that he didn't want to make any kids miss out. When you have 100 hundred kids surround you outside the team bus you or your team mates wouldn't get home till 1am if you signed every one of their things.

True story - Joey once apologised to me and a couple of friends after a game we got thrashed. 'sorry you had to watch that' were his exact words after we asked him for a photo. He's not an arrogant man at all. Passionate, competitive yes - arrogant no.

Raider will tell you that Johns dated one of his cousins who told him that he's a wanker and 'trackhead' - absolute bullsh*t considering Johns had two girlfriends who were both Newcastle based before marrying his first wife. After his divorce Miss Mahoney has been his one and only Girlfriend.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
Raider will tell you that Johns dated one of his cousins who told him that he's a wanker and 'trackhead' - absolute bullsh*t considering Johns had two girlfriends who were both Newcastle based before marrying his first wife. After his divorce Miss Mahoney has been his one and only Girlfriend.

:lol: :lol:
i could tell you alot of things Jimbo, we'll have a yarn over a few bevvo's one day
his love life is the least of my concerns about him, but anywho, neither mine nor your opinion of the man is going to change so why bother

Red Bear

Referee
Good to see that tall poppy syndrome is still aliveand well tho, what with people trying to cut down Johns.

Regardless of the person he hasbeen he was a fantastic player, just shades Fittler as the best I've seen and was a complete player, great passer, kicker runner of the ball, supurb defender but what stood him out from the crowd was his vision, completely ran the show up there at Newcastle. The way he pointed player where to go was great to watch. Best match i saw him play was probly Origin 2 2005 - supurb.

Great career Joey

Latest posts