What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Andrew Johns Retires - It's Official

black knight

Juniors
knights9 said:
Im still in shock. I dont even know what to say.
As am I!

I know as a massive Knights fan the last couple seasons have been 'the year', now its THE YEAR to rebuild and most importantly refocus and discover the team of tomorrow. I believe the rise of the Knights starts this weekend......

-Make Joey an immortal NOW!!!

Milo7

Juniors
Im in shock that he didn`t retire last season.... Goodluck to him and all, Great Career, he deserves a VB or two every day now LOL, This Immortal talk however is a bit over reactive. The greats that are in the "Immortals hall of fame" as such waited quite a while, so should he, and he will be their, but just not yet.

Rod

Bench
Just thought I'd randomly throw this in. I came across this while scrolling across various news sites, and one was publishing tributes to Joey by fans. This one was by a woman from Papua New Guinea (with not very good English), and for some reason I found it extremely touching.

Lillyanne Soweto - Johns was a very great player I've ever watched. He's been a titanic boy in rugby league. Papua New Guineanians will really miss our golden boy with magic feet, that's what we describe him, espeacilly NSW supporters. When Johns is in the field for all State of Origin games,I knew that NSW will win. He is a best goal kicker as well as Hezel El Masari.No Australian Players are like Johns. We gonna miss our favourite player.He is a clean, good thinker and hard bloc to watch when in the field. I cried because he is my favourite player and I like watching him play a good game but now I won't sit in front of the television because I won't see him. On behalf of Papua New Guineanians,I would like to wish him all best and May the Bless you and get well soon.