What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angry Gallop's threat to Nine: use it or lose it

El Diablo

Post Whore
bulldog said:
So technically, by starting it right on midnight, they aren't in breach and any attempt to move it to another network would, I assume, result in a legal challenge.

In other words, the wording of the contract has left us high and dry when it comes to getting good coverage for the Greatest Game.

That's my assumption anyway.

Who should replace Gallop though? It's not as if the next guy will be able to change anything, 1/2 of the NRL is only there to generate income for a multinational entity who's only interest in the game is greed.

midnight is not before midnight

Ice777

Bench
Meh, i've given up waiting to get FNF on at a decent hour down here. I'll be watching the game as i always do on Fox a half hour earlier (at least) and without the ads.

With the British Open over the last weekend, the NRL didn't start until 4am on Saturday (6am for the 2nd match).

This occurred on Sunday night/ Monday morning also (nearly 12 hours after the actual game was played).

I would love for the WIN guys to yank the ownership from Melbourne GTV and bone all the anti-League programmers

cronker

Juniors
THE*STORM*IDENTITY said:
With the British Open over the last weekend, the NRL didn't start until 4am on Saturday (6am for the 2nd match).

This occurred on Sunday night/ Monday morning also (nearly 12 hours after the actual game was played).

I would love for the WIN guys to yank the ownership from Melbourne GTV and bone all the anti-League programmers

QFT. And this was after showing 5 and a half hours of golf. Seriously, who would have stayed up until 4am watching golf?

LESStar58

Referee
Be interested to see what time they put the Storm vs Roosters game on Friday night. The merkins will prolly put Canberra and Penrith on as the "early" game. merkins.

Brutus

Referee
Someone needs to bring this issue up with Gallop on a live interview. Best way to get the ball rolling is for someone to ring up ABC Grandstand on Sunday and go on the "vent your spleen" segment. Thirsty and Wok are sure to bring it up next time they interview Gallop.

JW

Coach
If Gallop doesn't see to it that something is done about Nine not meeting their contractual obligations, then he must be p*ssed off out of the job ASAP. Assuming of course that Gallop is infact the one running the show.

I can't imagine any other sporting administrator in this country allowing this sort of crap to carry on.

Gallop's done an admirable job in bringing the game to where it is now, but he is useless to the game if we are to progress any further. I really did lose whatever faith I had left in him after that embarrassing 2SM interview.

ocko

juniors
they should work out a deal where rl is shown on main event outside nsw, qld and act on a friday night, the same way it's done with the afl in nsw, qld, and act

El Diablo

Post Whore
hey Dave, look at Friday in Melbourne http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/cgi-bi...sofcom&magic=gEv_EdSPnRsjpux6m81EMcGKre7Wos73

FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL LATE: MELBOURNE STORM V PARRAMATTA EELS

Broadcast Date: Friday 17 August 2007
Channel: Free to Air / Nine
Broadcast Time: 12.00 am
Classifications: Sport, NA (CC) WS
Timeslot Duration: 120 mins
Official title / weblink if available: FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL LATE: MELBOURNE STORM V PARRAMATTA EELS

Wide World of Sports presents Melbourne Storm v Parramatta Eels from Olympic Park. Join your expert commentary team for all the action!

El Diablo

Post Whore
only just noticed todays game and the great coverage 9 seem to be giving it in Melbourne according to ebroadcast

http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/cgi-bi...SBANE+BRONCOS&fta=1&fox=0&opt=0&time=11.30+pm

SUNDAY FOOTBALL LATE: MELBOURNE STORM V BRISBANE BRONCOS

Broadcast Date: Sunday 12 August 2007
Channel: Free to Air / Nine
Broadcast Time: 11.30 pm
Classifications: Sport, PGNA WS
Timeslot Duration: 30 mins
Official title / weblink if available: SUNDAY FOOTBALL LATE: MELBOURNE STORM V BRISBANE BRONCOS

Wide World of Sports presents Melbourne Storm v Brisbane Broncos from Olympic Park. Join your expert commentary team for all the action!

Brutus

Referee
It would be nice to get some answers from Gallop on this issue. The Storm are leading the comp, we are at the business end of the season and 9 Melbourne are still showing Friday night games at a terrible time.

How the f**k is the game supposed to grow in a foreign territory when the people who run rugby league couldn't give a f**k?

Latest posts