What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another NQ player suicide. RIP Fotu Winterstein

mxlegend99

Referee
Terrible news. I can't imagine how devastated his family must be, and his teammates, coaches etc.

RIP. These events really make things like winning, losing, players moving clubs etc. seem irrelevant.

Red Bear

Referee
Horrible, suicide sucks.

Someone I knew took their own life a year ago this week, seeing her close friends post on their facebook on the anniversary really underlines how much pain it gives those who are left behind, between the obvious grief of losing a friend and just the unanswered questions it leaves.

Just a horrible scenario all round, feel for this guys family and friends big time

Red Bear

Referee
Forget sport. Australias youth suicide rate is a national disgrace.
I would suggest that it's not taken seriously enough.

See some of the measures in the last twelve months from the federal government - funding chaaplains rather than counsellors at a time where mental illness continues to be a terrible problem.

GW.

Juniors
Another??

I have to ask, is this a black thing?

Everyone has been an islander so far. This could be the key to solving it.

Usain Bolt

Bench
I think NZ has one of the worst youth suicide rates in the world, particularly the Maori and Pacific Island communities.

TheDalek079

Bench
Another??

I have to ask, is this a black thing?

Everyone has been an islander so far. This could be the key to solving it.

thedalek079 here

I don't think it's due to ethnicity. Non Pacific Islanders commit suicide too. Terry Newton was English

magpie4ever

First Grade
An absolute tragedy - RIP young man. Condolences to his family and friends,

What shits me is the church mouse sounds coming from the NRL, ARLC, NSWRL & QRL. They didn't even release a media statement last time offering their condolences to the families involved. Now that is a f**king disgrace.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
We can all remember being a teenager. Its a tough time despite the lack of responsibility. The mind is developing and you are sorting out who you are.

I guess men (and women but its worse with men) need to understand that its OK to be depressed. Its not about just hardening up but reaching out for help. So very sad. Youth suicide is such a tragedy.

BradMackay

Juniors
Another risk factor is knowing of someone who has suicided. NQ Cowboys really need to supported to screen their players at all levels to help identify those at risk of depression/ anxiety. It is timed like this that it would be good to have a time machine to allow those that have died to know they are loved and those left behind are greatly affected. RIP and hope the NRL finally realises its duty of care to the players of all levels.

this is really terrible. blokes with so much potential, for what ever reason, cutting themselves down. The NRL really need to come out strong on this, and put some solid welfare networks in place.

Sad news. It's really been only the past couple of years that I have realised this is such a big problem in the Polynesian community. Many Polynesians seem so happy and easy going at least on the surface.

Latest posts