What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another sh*tty crowd in Sid-a-nee

t-ba

Post Whore
Quidgybo said:
No need to be like that. The question was perfectly legitimate because the answer exposes the obvious flaw in your analysis. Given people in Sydney have over five times the opportunity of people in Brisbane to attend games and nearly twice as many weekends per year in which to attend matches, any conclusion that fails to take these facts into account is quite misleading. The Attendance per Capita *per Match* and Attendance per Capita *per Weekend* figures would show a vastly different story.

Leigh

The Argument would be Valid If I had to camp outside ticketek every second weekend for a Broncos Ticket or get my name on a Members waiting list like Weagles and Crows fans in the AFL. Until the Broncos actually start selling out every game or something damn near close to it the argument isn't particularly valid. If Brisbanians have vastly less opportunities to attend RL, it should reflected in a massive shortage of Broncos Tickets to be consistent with that point of view.

Quidgybo

Bench
t-ba said:
The Argument would be Valid If I had to camp outside ticketek every second weekend for a Broncos Ticket or get my name on a Members waiting list like Weagles and Crows fans in the AFL. Until the Broncos actually start selling out every game or something damn near close to it the argument isn't particularly valid. If Brisbanians have vastly less opportunities to attend RL, it should reflected in a massive shortage of Broncos Tickets to be consistent with that point of view.
Not at all, you're equating opportunity with demand. In any given fortnight people in Sydney will generally have five or six days during which they can attend first class RL while people in Brisbane will have one. If that one day doesn't fit in with their other commitments (work, education and social) then they just can't go while a Sydney fan would have another four or five chances (including the possibility of attending some of their team's nearby away games). Similarly people in Sydney can attend mutiple games in that same fortnight while people in Brisbane can only attend the one. The effect is to maxmise the aggregate attendance in Sydney and limit it in Brisbane. The picture is distorted before you even beging making your comparison. Your argument would only be valid if every fan in Sydney strictly attended one game per fortnight and every fan in Brisbane was able to attend games regardless of the day they were held. By extension the argument implies that if additional games were played in Brisbane on the current free weekends then either not a single person would attend or the current attendances would split without any increase. I don't that is a position that a reasonable judge could agree with.

Leigh

Latest posts