What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Sponsorship Announcement

Alex28

Coach
Midday today. Aston Resources?

Seriously...hopefully it is someone independent from Tinkler to show that the business community is actually prepared to back the new Knights...

Alex28

Coach
Nevermind...it is Queensland Rail. Isn't Tinky building or buying a Coal Loader in QLD somewhere? Either way it is good news for the club...

Frederick

Staff member
Westfield Kotara was announced as a sponsor of the Knights and Jets last week. Unless you count Tinkler doing his Xmas shopping there I'd say they're independent of him.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Our club next year will have a distinct Queensland flavour to it. I've got mates who work for QR up here. I'll have to thank them for sponsoring the Knights when they're Broncos supporters :lol:

macavity

Referee
QR was all but over the line as sponsor of the club when we were without in 2005 - I have seen the mock jersey and everything. At the 11th hour the minister (QR is/was owned by the state govt) chucked a shyt about QR sponsoring a non-QLD team.... all of a sudden QR is sponsoring the QLD Reds instead.

Lucky C&A stepped up shortly after or we wouldn't be here right now. Yay coal!

KempoKnight

Juniors
No short shrift for new Knights sponsor

BY BRETT KEEBLE AND JAMES GARDINER
24 Nov, 2011 04:00 AM
NEWCASTLE’S Knights and Jets are now wearing Australian sport’s most expensive shorts.The Hunter Sports Group announced yesterday a sponsorship partnership with Queensland Rail National worth about $2million for the freight company’s logo to be displayed on the shorts of the region’s flagship rugby league and soccer teams for the next three years.
The Jets will wear them for the first time when they host Harry Kewell and the Melbourne Victory in the A-League game at Ausgrid Stadium tomorrow week.
‘‘It’s easily the biggest shorts sponsorship of any sporting organisation in the country,’’ a source close to the negotiation process told the Newcastle Herald yesterday.
It is understood the deal with the Knights and Jets is even more lucrative than when QR National – the biggest rail freight company in Australia – sponsored Super Rugby champions Queensland Reds.
QR National was known as Queensland Rail before being privatised last year.
Knights and Jets captains Kurt Gidley and Jobe Wheelhouse, senior players Jarrod Mullen and Michael Bridges, respective chief executives Matt Gidley and Robbie Middleby, and coaches Rick Stone and Gary van Egmond, joined HSG and QR National executive managers at Ausgrid Stadium yesterday for the announcement.
Apart from displaying the logo on the shorts, the Knights and Jets will be involved with QR National in promoting rail safety for children, providing scholarships, implementing health and well-being programs, and acknowledging volunteers.
‘‘The players will act as ambassadors for us and their involvement in the rail-safe and community programs was one of the key attributes to the sponsorship,’’ QR National managing director and chief executive Lance Hockridge said.
Hockridge said the sponsorship agreement with the Reds had expired, and the support of the Knights and Jets was part of the company’s national expansion.
“This region is a very important growth area for QR National and we are thrilled that we can extend our involvement in the Newcastle and Hunter Valley community in this way,” he said. ‘‘We have trebled the number of employees [in the Hunter], we have more than trebled the tonnage; we are very much about saying we are a core part of this community and we are here to stay.
“This is not just about an investment in the future of sport in the region but also an investment in the local community where our people live and work.’’
Hockridge said the Knights and Jets were highly regarded outside the Hunter, and the exposure QR National received would enhance the company’s reputation.
QR National is the third dual major sponsor of the Knights and Jets following Hunter Ports, of which HSG owner Nathan Tinkler holds the majority stake, and NIB Health Funds.
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...-new-knights-sponsor/2368666.aspx?storypage=0

bails

Juniors
Great news for the knights and great news for me because hopefully i will get 1/2 price supporters gear, i work for QR National

Nuke

Staff member
Now all the Knights need is a sleeve sponsor (we're allowed to have ISC logo as well as a sponsors logo on sleeves as of this coming year).

Personally, I don't mind not having a sponsors logo there, but I'm thinking it will happen one day soon regardless of my preference!