What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Griffin available?

BBTB

Juniors
Why would we want either McGuire or Griffin. McGuire won a comp with a bash and barge boring game plan but since then Souths could not make the finals and eventually was sacked. Look at Souths go now with basically the same side. Gould run Penrith and their game plans with others, under Griffin this year (except for the Dragons game of course) Penrith's defense is ordinary although their injury toll has been high.
Bennett for me is passed it and getting too old now. We need to look to the future not rely on the past. Mary is not the future but there are other candidates out there worth considering. For me Toovey leads them all. Let him bring and choose his support staff.
Toovey.. What a Muppet... Loved off Dessie's team...
He's brainless.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It is good to see your response was swift. I get it you dont agree but I'd ike Toovey..simple. Love to see the little angry ant in our press conferneces and on the sideline going off.

I think that is the only reason why some want him at Saints but to me he looks like a tool and one to keep away.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
No to Fitzgibbon. Since Bennett left we have had only rookie coaches and it's been a giant failure. When does Wayne Bennent's contract finish with South Sydney? Imagine what he could do with this forward pack roster.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
If Fitzgibbon is responsible for the rorters defence then sign me up.
Not sure if its just Fitzgibbons doing, The Roosters are committed to the task at hand, like Melbourne they play for each other. ...except for McInness our blokes slacken off and dont play for 80 mins....and of course our Imposter wouldnt know how to construct a game plan if his life depended on it....

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
No to Fitzgibbon. Since Bennett left we have had only rookie coaches and it's been a giant failure. When does Wayne Bennent's contract finish with South Sydney? Imagine what he could do with this forward pack roster.
Im with you no more old boys club thanks.....in particular rookies

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I would prefer Griffin than Flanagan, I know he loves a good clean out at the very least. From what I hear the club is cash strapped and can’t afford to payout Mary so not renewing membership is not going to help at all.

getsmarty

Immortal
The Mole: Phil Gould in secret talks with St George Illawarra Dragons
https%3A%2F%2Fimageresizer.static9.net.au%2FmSBkH_e4otW2pi-LpZeSDFjaNO4%3D%2F75x75%2Fsmart%2Fhttps%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F05%2F05%2F11%2F44%2Fthe_mole_byline.jpg
By The Mole
an hour ago

The Dragons are closing in on a deal to make two-time premiership-winning coach Phil Gould their saviour for 2020 and beyond.

Wide World of Sports can reveal that Gould has been involved in secret talks with Dragons chief executive Brian Johnston and coach Paul McGregor after the Big Red V's season from hell.

The former Blues State of Origin coach is expected to head up the Dragons' end of season review to 'test the waters'.

There has also been a more permanent role discussed, with the possibility that he will take a General Manager of Football role next season, similar to the one he held at Penrith for the best part of a decade.

Gould parted company with the Panthers in April but is still contracted to the club until next month.

McGregor is under massive pressure at the Dragons, with the club winning just seven of 23 games to date and set to finish in second last spot on the ladder.

There has been an outcry from fans, with many demanding change. Bringing Gould in to help the embattled coach would be a shrewd move by the club.

The Dragons have long been criticised for handing 'jobs for the boys' to former players.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...-dragons/6e1d64fc-da59-415d-ba09-d27e5a86e5af

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Gould comes in then I bet Mary stays for sure. The can't afford to get Gould and pay out Mary? That will cost them a mint. It is great that Gould is at Saints but bad so will Mary. I suppose Gould will have more control and get involved in teh coaching like he did at the Panthers. Mary unlike Cleary probably won't care if he gets results because he will look good.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The Mole: Phil Gould in secret talks with St George Illawarra Dragons
https%3A%2F%2Fimageresizer.static9.net.au%2FmSBkH_e4otW2pi-LpZeSDFjaNO4%3D%2F75x75%2Fsmart%2Fhttps%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F05%2F05%2F11%2F44%2Fthe_mole_byline.jpg
By The Mole
an hour ago

The Dragons are closing in on a deal to make two-time premiership-winning coach Phil Gould their saviour for 2020 and beyond.

Wide World of Sports can reveal that Gould has been involved in secret talks with Dragons chief executive Brian Johnston and coach Paul McGregor after the Big Red V's season from hell.

The former Blues State of Origin coach is expected to head up the Dragons' end of season review to 'test the waters'.

There has also been a more permanent role discussed, with the possibility that he will take a General Manager of Football role next season, similar to the one he held at Penrith for the best part of a decade.

Gould parted company with the Panthers in April but is still contracted to the club until next month.

McGregor is under massive pressure at the Dragons, with the club winning just seven of 23 games to date and set to finish in second last spot on the ladder.

There has been an outcry from fans, with many demanding change. Bringing Gould in to help the embattled coach would be a shrewd move by the club.

The Dragons have long been criticised for handing 'jobs for the boys' to former players.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...-dragons/6e1d64fc-da59-415d-ba09-d27e5a86e5af
If Gould comes to the Dragons I will jizz in my pants, I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I listen to his podcast thingy with James Bracey and he is an extremely intelligent man. I pretty much agree with 99% of what he says even if it sometimes delivered in an envelope of waffling on.

Latest posts