What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Griffin Disappreciation Society

I have lurked for awhile and haven't seen any posters say we WILL lift the trophy with him as coach.

There’s a difference between realising he won’t win us the title & thinking he will win us a title.

The people I was referring to were mostly in the “let’s wait and see camp”

The coach is dreadful and will be gone by the end of the season BUT and this is a big BUT, Those that have been the most vocal will be complaining about the new coach by the end of next season.

It has been this way since Sheens was our coach will always be the way.

I don’t even think Griffin is dreadful. Said a number of times he’s an average coach who gets average results. We’ve had worse coaches.

Disagree that every coach has been complained about that early in their tenure. Certainly wasn’t the case for Cleary or Lang.

There’s a difference between realising he won’t win us the title & thinking he will win us a title.

The people I was referring to were mostly in the “let’s wait and see camp”

I don’t even think Griffin is dreadful. Said a number of times he’s an average coach who gets average results. We’ve had worse coaches.

Disagree that every coach has been complained about that early in their tenure. Certainly wasn’t the case for Cleary or Lang.

To be fair to them, We have a younger team, Rugby League apart from AFL has the smallest player pool in world sport.

So it isn't as though the club can go get players it needs to fill the flaws. Would you rather these fans just fans just stop having hope?

We need that sort of passion it puts bums on seats, My grandson hasn't missed a game in 10 years. Without hope those people would stop and the club dies

To be fair to them, We have a younger team, Rugby League apart from AFL has the smallest player pool in world sport.

So it isn't as though the club can go get players it needs to fill the flaws. Would you rather these fans just fans just stop having hope?

We need that sort of passion it puts bums on seats, My grandson hasn't missed a game in 10 years. Without hope those people would stop and the club dies

I wasn’t heavily criticising them. Just saying it’s interesting other people are seeing it now too.

MrBlack

Juniors
I have had rose coloured gasses for a while now. Was really looking forward to this season.

I took them off recently and now can see all the smoke. Something is definitely not right in the club.

Can see him being moved aside so that we can re-sign Cleary.

Maybe we get Hasler (he is a Penrith Junior after all)

ACTPanthers

Bench
I have lurked for awhile and haven't seen any posters say we WILL lift the trophy with him as coach.

The coach is dreadful and will be gone by the end of the season BUT and this is a big BUT, Those that have been the most vocal will be complaining about the new coach by the end of next season.

It has been this way since Sheens was our coach will always be the way.

Griffin isn't going anywhere - We've just extended his contract and we'd have to pay it out. With the football operations cap coming into play, we'd put ourselves in a terrible position.

Also, Griffin is Goulds mate, and Goulds ego won't allow him to admit he was wrong hiring him in the first place.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Lets see how quickly we can see this rumour spread

It's like New idea. I mean seriously. I wonder did you see Des having lunch at Panthers or did someone tell you, or did you read it on social media.

Sadly this is what rugby league has come to. No facts involved, just rumour and speculation.

And yes I'm complaining.

Social media has given far too many a voice which can reach the masses. And what makes it even worse is the media (instead of doing a proper job) just feed off the rumours posted.

OldPanther

Coach
I can't see them getting rid of a coach with a 55% win rate.

https://twitter.com/AndrewRLP/with_replies

You may want it. But I can't see it happening.

They've said they want a good start. Someone posted the stats a week ago about poor starts meaning a team is no chance or close to it at the end of the year. We've just had an increase in members and hope among the fans. There are reasons he would be under pressure.

I'm not convinced he will go unless we do another 2 from 7.

Latest posts