What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb4

First Grade
I find it strange that Canberra would try and keep him, or force him to sit out, when they made Ricky break his contract.

You can say what you want, but the school Ricky had his daughter enrolled in is one of the best in the state, the care would be no different. Ricky left for the money, and to be closer to his family, so why should he not allow Milford to do that?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yes it would seem weird that clubs would want to do whats in their own best interest....weird in opposite land

ek999

First Grade
I find it strange that Canberra would try and keep him, or force him to sit out, when they made Ricky break his contract.

You can say what you want, but the school Ricky had his daughter enrolled in is one of the best in the state, the care would be no different. Ricky left for the money, and to be closer to his family, so why should he not allow Milford to do that?

Ricky didn't break his contract though, he activated a clause to leave at any time he wants which Parramatta agreed to when they signed him (lol@Parra). Milford and the Broncos are trying to activate a clause in his contract which says he may leave if his fathers health deteriorates, which has not happened. Instead he is wanting to leave to be closer to his family, which isn't what is agreed to in his contract.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Ricky didn't break his contract though, he activated a clause to leave at any time he wants which Parramatta agreed to when they signed him (lol@Parra). Milford and the Broncos are trying to activate a clause in his contract which says he may leave if his fathers health deteriorates, which has not happened. Instead he is wanting to leave to be closer to his family, which isn't what is agreed to in his contract.

are you his Doctor?

Joker's Wild

Coach
Has happened before - see Gagai.

You are suggesting that Gagai played up deliberately to get out of his Broncos contract?

Thats a long bow given the facts

Its happened TWICE (and possibly soon to be three times) to the Raiders in the space of a couple of months. These were deliberate walkouts of contracts. Players shouldn't be able to just not show up to training to get out of contracts. Thats a crazy situation to be in Frank Grimes.

Canberra had the option to stand both players down and make them stay for the remainder of their contracts. They had the power to fine/dock pay each session they missed and punish them that way.

Instead they chose to sack both and move on. It was the right move but its a little precious to be whinging about the club making that choice

Walt Flanigan

Referee
are you his Doctor?

''I've left the contract stuff up to my manager, I'm just concentrating on things I need to work on over the off season,'' Milford said. ''I have a father that's at home, we're going to have to see about his health.
''Compared to where he was 12 months ago when he had the heart attack he's going a lot better than expected, things are looking good."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ord-to-stay-20130912-2tnot.html#ixzz2izIi2oDh

bileduct

Coach
''I've left the contract stuff up to my manager, I'm just concentrating on things I need to work on over the off season,'' Milford said. ''I have a father that's at home, we're going to have to see about his health.
''Compared to where he was 12 months ago when he had the heart attack he's going a lot better than expected, things are looking good."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ord-to-stay-20130912-2tnot.html#ixzz2izIi2oDh
But.... but.... but......

Nothing.

Edwahu

Bench
You are suggesting that Gagai played up deliberately to get out of his Broncos contract?

Thats a long bow given the facts

Canberra had the option to stand both players down and make them stay for the remainder of their contracts. They had the power to fine/dock pay each session they missed and punish them that way.

Instead they chose to sack both and move on. It was the right move but its a little precious to be whinging about the club making that choice

They don't really have much of a choice when there is a salary cap to consider. If they didnt sack Dugan they would've been down 600k for two seasons.

El Diablo

Post Whore

and the moral of the story is?

Walt Flanigan

Referee
and the moral of the story is?

he isn't walking out or asking for a release

he's activating a clause in his contract

"The clause says the Raiders will look favourably on any request for a release should his father's health deteriorate," Ayoub said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-end-up-in-court/story-fni3gmmu-1226694745316

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The strange thing about this situation is that he had the opportunity to up and move back to Brisbane last year if he wanted but instead signed a contract extension. This was just after his old man had the heart attack.

So what changed in the space of a year? Apart from making his first grade debut and lighting it up.

I'd state the seemingly obvious but Broncos fans will get upset.

papabear

Juniors
I live in canberra, fly to brisbane often to see my in laws.
I know what its about. You can literally lob in to canberra airport 30 minutes before the flight takes off and get on (Milford in such circumstances probably wouldnt even need to check luggage since he'd probably have stuff there), so he can pretty lob in at boarding time, 2 hour flight and he's there with his parents.

It's not a big deal. From leaving home to arriving at his parents house, it's probably 4 hours if you get awful traffic coming out of Brisbane Airport.
if you arrive 29 minutes before the flight canberra airport wont let your luggage on and will try and sell you a later ticket.

The f**kers dont realise its a country airport and think they have to play by the same rules as sydney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts