What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

First Grade
The poor guy still doesn't get it......

Ridiculous money being offered by both clubs if the figures are accurate. I really hope a lot of ours is 3rd party.

If I was the Raiders and 600k was the price to beat I'd let him leave, and I think my club is certainly stupid if they are offering 600k a season for him, crazy numbers.

If Milford stays for that money the Raiders will lose a lot of their younger talent to other clubs surely.

Kiwi

First Grade
600k must elicit a giggle then

600k a season from my club for him if true gets a

jiFfM.jpg

Walt Flanigan

Referee
If I was the Raiders and 600k was the price to beat I'd let him leave, and I think my club is certainly stupid if they are offering 600k a season for him, crazy numbers.

If Milford stays for that money the Raiders will lose a lot of their younger talent to other clubs surely.

Depends how much is 3rd party I guess. 1 mil walked out the door with Dugan and Ferguson.

I think it's a bit on the insane side TBH.

some11

Referee
Those figures are ridiculous and most likely incorrect.

Seriously journos should provide some kind of proof when throwing those numbers around willy nilly.

Kiwi

First Grade
Depends how much is 3rd party I guess. 1 mil walked out the door with Dugan and Ferguson.

I think it's a bit on the insane side TBH.

I'm not saying the Raiders don't have the cash under the cap to do it, what I'm saying is we have heard about these great young players coming through like Cornish, Brenko Lee, Ahearn etc from Raiders fans. What happens when they show what they can do in the top grade? What happens when Milford thinks, now let's see what I can get after this contract expires, you'll have to keep uping it each time to keep him

El Diablo

Post Whore
I'm not saying the Raiders don't have the cash under the cap to do it, what I'm saying is we have heard about these great young players coming through like Cornish, Brenko Lee, Ahearn etc from Raiders fans. What happens when they show what they can do in the top grade? What happens when Milford thinks, now let's see what I can get after this contract expires, you'll have to keep uping it each time to keep him

Ricky did this before with Karl Filiga

1qaz

Juniors
Figures are wrong. It's $2.2 million for 4 years which will still make him the highest paid player at the Broncos.
The family are also moving into quite a nice house at Westlake ;-)

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I call bullshit on that figure. Canberra cannot be THAT desperate or that incompetent to either retain a young talent or to simply save face. That is just insane money for a player with less then a full season of first grade under his belt. You could sign 3 or 4 perfectly decent players for that money.

Oh wait, nobody wants to move to Canberra for ANY sort of money because it's a shithole XD

Timbo

Staff member
That's a lot of money no matter how good he is.

But what can we do? Our two biggest strike weapons walked out on us last year. Milford is a genuine attacking weapon and without Ferguson and Dugan we have few options. Look at the market, the cupboard is bare right now.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Tim Gavel ‏@TimGavel 8m
Raiders deny reports that Anthony Milford has been made offer of 1 million dollars a season to stay .

Kiwi

First Grade
That's a lot of money no matter how good he is.

But what can we do? Our two biggest strike weapons walked out on us last year. Milford is a genuine attacking weapon and without Ferguson and Dugan we have few options. Look at the market, the cupboard is bare right now.

what about the players I mentioned? Cornish, Ahearn and Brenko Lee? Tell me would you rather lose these three and keep Milford or lose Milford if it meant keeping these three? Brenko would have be a chance of first grade next year with Ferguson gone, Cornish in the halves next year maybe and Ahearn a few Raider fans have said is as good as Milford talent wise, so what do you do, set a bad precedent and over pay a rookie with these three coming through and who will all most likely play top grade next year?

blaza88z

Coach
Just put all the contractual talks to the side for a minute

One thing I still can't understand, why the f**k would you want a guy at your club if he doesn't want to be there in the first place?

cb4

First Grade
If Canberra play hard ball he will get a Rugby gig for a year with the Reds.

Might as well release him and try to convince Hoffmann to go to canberra.

Kiwi

First Grade
Tim Gavel ‏@TimGavel 34m
Raiders say Milford's manager has made it clear they won't be considering any offer made by Canberra . He wants to play with Broncos .

https://twitter.com/TimGavel/status/395291619152232448

So I guess its up to the NRL for next year now

Interesting times ahead.

Raiders are between a rock and a hard place right now. I actually feel for them. They are dammed if they release him and dammed if the stick to their guns.

Release him and what message does that send to other players who might want out of the club before contracts expire? Plus the backlash from angry fans. Make him sit out a year and they go in to 2014 a player down already and get labeled hipocrites and flogged in the media for 12 months and everytime Milford lines up against them in the future.

Whatever the Raiders decide they are gonna get belted publically, again I feel for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts