What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billythekid

First Grade
In all fairness with the rise in the cap, plus his age. Whoever he plays with will pay him close to that figure.

Halves and Fullbacks generally get more anyway.

A million dollars for someone who is basically a rookie? He looks like he could be a star but that is a crazy amount of money to offer someone like him. I also wouldn't lump halves and fullbacks together, it's a lot easier to get a good fullback than a good halfback right now.

Canard

Immortal
The Broncos are just going to offer him what his is worth. Not 3 times his value like the Raiders. (Plus they will use the fact that he wants to move back to be with his parents.)

Well if thats the case then he isn't going to join the Broncos, nobody would knock back 700K per year because of "family" reasons.

But I suspect that it's bullshit, and the Bronco's will have various third party "incentives" and extras that other clubs can't match.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I agree that it’s a crazy amount of money. But the Raiders have a gaping hole left their salary cap after shedding Dugan, Ferguson, Berrigan, Thompson, Williams and Picker. It doesn’t appear that the hole will be filled this season so may as well throw some coin at the kid.

Edwahu

Bench
The Broncos are just going to offer him what his is worth. Not 3 times his value like the Raiders. (Plus they will use the fact that he wants to move back to be with his parents.)

We only got Barba cheap because the Bulldogs had it included in the release that he could only earn his Bulldogs money for the remaining 2 years of what his Bulldogs contract would have run.

So you believe the 1 million Raiders offer but don't believe the 600k Broncos offer from the exact same article?

Tommy Smith

Referee
And the Broncos will still be throwing 1mill at Cameron Smith for 2015? I can't blame them. I suppose just like us, when you have very few junior clubs you have to look elsewhere for talent :sarcasm:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
You guys are aggressive at the junior level. Like the Raiders/other club juniors you tend to sign you get them before they hit first grade. The Broncos are so incompetent these days they are letting talent slip through because they can no longer identify it until they have proven it at other clubs. Again they literally passed on Milford when he was a junior.

The way I see it the Roosters do the best they can with a pretty shitty catchment area and the Broncos do the worst they possibly can do with a gigantic one.

royce10

Juniors
If you aren't a Broncos fan, why would you love to love him there?

Because he wants to be around his family and friends and he gets bored in Canberra. Plus he says players are dreading being coached by Stuart. Some of the players in the Samoan squad have also given him insight into what it's like under Stuart. He hasn't heard anything positive yet.

Having said that, he still told me Canberra.

broncos4life

Juniors
Been watching this thread for a while now, but refused to comment, even when I knew "nee" had his mind set on the broncos. I speak to him regularly and he indicated to me (before the wc) that he's going to accept the Canberra offer.

I went to his brother's 21st on Saturday and everyone seems to think the same.

Yeah this is totally believable. I mean he obviously trusts you enough that he would confide this information into your keeping... and you of course would have no choice but to post it on a public forum... yep, totally believable

broncos4life

Juniors
Because he wants to be around his family and friends and he gets bored in Canberra. Plus he says players are dreading being coached by Stuart. Some of the players in the Samoan squad have also given him insight into what it's like under Stuart. He hasn't heard anything positive yet.

Your a great friend

royce10

Juniors
Yeah this is totally believable. I mean he obviously trusts you enough that he would confide this information into your keeping... and you of course would have no choice but to post it on a public forum... yep, totally believable

Hence why I hesitated to post. Oh well, carry on with the speculations.

broncos4life

Juniors
Hence why I hesitated to post. Oh well, carry on with the speculations.

Ok, I'll play along... So let me get a picture here. Anthony, sorry 'nee' confiding in you that he was staying with Canberra, something that he would want kept secret until it's done because it ruins his bargaining position and also paints him out as a fraud seeing he lead everyone down the 'my father is sick and I need to return home' path. So entrusted with this information, because you are obviously such a close and trusted friend, you agonised over the choice to keep this information to yourself or share it with a bunch of people you don't know on a public forum and after weeks of this sensitive information being on your conscience you woke up this morning and thought 'Nope, I just have to tell everyone on LU, Tony, sorry 'nee' is going to hate me and will probably never talk to me again, but the good people at LU need to know'.

Oh well, shows over folks, Milford will be staying in canberra.

/thread

Tommy Smith

Referee

Wow. So much fail in one post. Who would have thought it possible.

I'll have you know that Milford actually really rates Ricky Stuart. He says he's a master coach and they'll team up to win 11 straight Premierships.

What, you don't believe me? And here I was thinking my anonymous word on an internet forum was enough.

From the looks of things there's 3 players in the Samoan squad who've been coached by Ricky.

Ben Roberts
Roidi Maitua
Iosia Soliola

2 of them were told this season that they suck and aren't up to Ricky's standards, so they obviously have an axe to grind. Sooks.

The other is Soliola who was a good player under Ricky but gave up on his career and ran away to the UK.

Hardly the opinions of respected RL figures.

I hope you're right btw cos:

1. He's our player and we made him.

2. It would be sweet to jam it up all these parasitic bronco bitches asses.

Ok, I'll play along... So let me get a picture here. Anthony, sorry 'nee' confiding in you that he was staying with Canberra, something that he would want kept secret until it's done because it ruins his bargaining position and also paints him out as a fraud seeing he lead everyone down the 'my father is sick and I need to return home' path. So entrusted with this information, because you are obviously such a close and trusted friend, you agonised over the choice to keep this information to yourself or share it with a bunch of people you don't know on a public forum and after weeks of this sensitive information being on your conscience you woke up this morning and thought 'Nope, I just have to tell everyone on LU, Tony, sorry 'nee' is going to hate me and will probably never talk to me again, but the good people at LU need to know'.

Oh well, shows over folks, Milford will be staying in canberra.

/thread

LOL your post is funny cos you're a Broncos fan.

broncos4life

Juniors
Wow. So much fail in one post. Who would have thought it possible.

I'll have you know that Milford actually really rates Ricky Stuart. He says he's a master coach and they'll team up to win 11 straight Premierships.

What, you don't believe me? And here I was thinking my anonymous word on an internet forum was enough.

Thanks for these insights into 'nee's' thinking. It will be shame that he won't be at the broncos but you are obviously a very close friend, this combined with his other close confidant Royce it is clear he will be staying in Canberra :'(

broncos4life

Juniors
LOL your post is funny cos you're a Broncos fan.

You can be a fan of any team and still spot when someone is speaking obvious bullshit. It's cute that you cling onto obvious lies for any hope of retaining Milford. Obviously as a broncos fan I want Milford to come but I won't be pathetic and believe drivel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts