1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Anthony Siebold is more concerned about vaccinating NRL players than Broncos performances

Discussion in 'NRL' started by The Daddy3, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Canard

Canard Referee

f**k the Broncos, they should have pay every cent they agreed to and face the consequences.

You must have smoked a big fat one, if you think opposition fans would unanimously support them getting off scott free and with no consequences.

2. soc123_au

soc123_au Coach

He wants to have babies?

Should make him write "Broncos go home" all over Suncorp

Reflector likes this.
  3. SLRBRONCOS

SLRBRONCOS First Grade

I have a feeling (hope) that there is truth to a performance clause in the contract that would result in a 12 month payout.

Paul White has lost almost every supporter during his public spat with Wayne as it was just terribly immature. As Bennett was too, however Paul did not lead like a CEO, he carried on like a hormonal pubescent teen.

Karl Morris is a businessman, and reading the quotes that he put out in the Australian Weekly last week he was talking about the Broncos current situation like it was an institutional placement (capital raising) prospectus. Stick to Ord Minnett and your arrogant (RMW and puffer vest wearing but never been on a horse) brokers, mate.

It has taken many years and the taste of this is very sour, but a total shambles was needed.

Peter V'landy's must capitalise on this ASAP. The Broncos will be fine because there is a core supporter base that will stay during the rebuild. However, there is a peripheral supporter base that just love Rugby League and will go for the Broncos due to us being the only Brisbane team (however can't truly warm to the brand) these fans may jump on say Easts (Firehawks bid) or Redcliffe Dolphins.

I also found it very interesting that the 20,000 ticketed members were asked to PAY to attend last night. Money to the kitty for the sacking?

4. Babyface O'reilly

Babyface O'reilly First Grade

Lachlan can give them 5million dollar paying jobs at News. He wipes his arse with ten million daily, so no biggie

5. Tommy Smith

Tommy Smith Referee

No freaking way.

I don't care if Seibs breaks my heart by eloping with Boyd Cordner, he signed a deal and it should be honoured with a pay out if he gets the guillotine.

And the Broncos should suffer the consequences for signing an unproven coach with a fishy smell about him to such a long term deal.

He was sellling the "I'm an innovative thinker" persona by laying it on thick with his boom boxes, game sense approach, Harvard leadership course, oh and don't forget the think tank sessions with his fashion designer mate.

I mean who was buying that bullshit, seriously? Well I mean who apart from Paul White and Darren Lockyer.

So the Broncos need to pay the full price for their stupidity. And when it costs them millions to pay him out they must refrain eternally from whinging to the NRL about wanting a bigger yearly hand out.

6. Different kind of Rabbit

Different kind of Rabbit Moderator Staff Member

Makes me wonder how good that 2018 Souths team must’ve been? They made the finals despite being coached by this plonker. Probably would’ve won the comp with a decent coach.

SBD82, The Mad Hatter and Vic Mackey like this.
  7. Glen

Glen Bench

Notice he mentioned his five year deal a couple of times in the presser. Just rubbing the payout in their face if they want to get rid of him

8. redVinme

redVinme Juniors

More like how good was damian cook. He is the sole reason old mate got the broncs job imo.

9. Pommy

Pommy Coach

The core of that team had won the title in 2014, then next few years of Maguires dictatorship style of coaching took its toll, players stop listening to shouting after so long.

10. AJB1102

AJB1102 First Grade

Cowboys really highlighted how clueless and heartless Brisbane are. Cows were shit and going nowhere but came together with a simple effort based game plan and did themselves proud.

Haas and Glenn the only 2 worth feeding at Brisbane.

11. Dean Faraway

Dean Faraway Juniors

12. big hit!

big hit! Bench

A big element to this are Seibold's predecessors at Souths and Brisbane.

At Souths, he succeeded Madge. By all reports, Maguire's methods are brutal. Souths became stale with that approach. Seibold and Devlin seemed to re-invigorate the squad in 2018. Of course, since that season, Seibold has zero relationship with anyone at Souths given the way he left the club. To get him to break the contract, Broncos needed to offer a substantial carrot. He wasn't going to leave for a measly 2-3yr deal.

Brisbane had Wayne. The word is he is a real player's man. He sends them home early, he gives them days off, he protects them from the media and the club itself, and basically tells them to play 'eyes up'. Seibold and Devlin roll in mid pre-season for 2019 and implement their full-day work conditions, bring exercise book and pen to meetings, and tactical periodisation philosophy. It's so far removed, and considered a chore in comparison to Bennett's way.

Even though it's proven with the All Blacks and Eddie Jones with both Japan and England, as well as the big soccer coaches in Europe, is this tactical periodisation method suitable for a predominantly young squad who probably still need to consolidate the basic skills to play rugby league?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  13. AnonymousLurker

AnonymousLurker Juniors

say what , they are they are ticketed member and have to PAY to attend the game

what the f**k, how have the media not slammed them, those people are entitled to attend as they paid their ticketed membership

14. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Referee

Seibold said he thought the crowd was booing the referees and not the players at halftime :joy::joy::joy: how deluded is this merkin?

15. SLRBRONCOS

SLRBRONCOS First Grade

Through trolling through twitter and facebook that is what I have found yes. Apparently ticketed members were sent codes to access discounts for match day tickets. Explains why there were only 6,262 fans there last night.

I am not sure but maybe the NRL has taken ownership of the events, like they do for finals.

16. Noise

Noise Coach

I hate the Broncos but I don't know what games you have been watching. The Broncos beat the Cowboys....in round 1. The Broncos lost to the Gold Coast last night.

17. Perth Red

Perth Red Immortal

It’s staggering that a club with the resources the broncos have can be so sht. Surely it can’t just be the coach at fault?

Vic Mackey likes this.
  18. AJB1102

AJB1102 First Grade

The f**k you talking about round 1 for?

I was comparing how each side responded to last week.

19. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Coach

Reading back my post, it didn’t quite come out right.

Anyway, 5eibs is fkd as are the Broncos.

I’m LOLing until Bennett leaves Souths in a mess.

20. AlwaysGreen

AlwaysGreen Immortal

Bring back Ivan Henjak the baldest coach that ever lived.