What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Injury News?

Hellsy

Immortal
Can't confirm, didn't see him after the game at all. He was still in the sheds or he had snuck off the back way. Only Henry P looked like damaged material, Stringer left with an icepack on his bicep but I doubt that will amount to anything

The Colonel

Immortal
The Eels did suffer an injury blow, with five-eighth John Morris, who has formed such a formidable partnership with half-back Tim Smith, suffering a potential season-ending injury.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200508/s1442608.htm

That is the only paper that has recorded the potential injury and for mine they may have confused him with Henry.....considering he was the player that stayed off at haf time and there is no mention of it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Fui definately cost us a try with his fumbling

First the knock on then he fumbled the ball behind our line, and allowed the Dragons to score

The Colonel

Immortal
Twizzle said:

First the knock on then he fumbled the ball behind our line, and allowed the Dragons to score

Fui was trying to be a fullback...... I think he should stick to the bash and barge....

I think u are being hard on Fui about the try that was scored from the kick by the dragons, the bounce of the ball just eluded him.

The Colonel

Immortal
parraitdoesmatta said:
I think u are being hard on Fui about the try that was scored from the kick by the dragons, the bounce of the ball just eluded him.

I think it was the fullbacks ball and he got in the road. He did some good things and bad and unfortunately that was one of them...

i think henry had an average game, cost us a try again...he shouldnt be there again but the injury (which i hope they meant instead of morris) could be a good thing. I would imagine that vealla and wagon will both be back. I thought delaney did enough to stay there until tahu is back i thought he had a good game.

On fui, i think he still needs to be there he did cost us a try but these things happen, what was good was that he didnt drop his head...i thought peranra cost us a try. I thought we certainly showed everyone we are contenders this year as our halves didnt have the best game, we bombed tries and they got some good calls (ryles try) and some silly penalties from us. We will be there..

I thought our best players form being at the game were hindy and reddy..can't wait to watch the replay.

PIG

Juniors
Twizzle said:

Have a go at the pass he copped from PJ for his first knock on- dead set prop forwards nightmare. He should've caught the grubber though. IMHO he was instrumental in the turnaround though.

As I said before PJ was woeful yesterday and was a major reason why we lost the game. 4th tackle penalties, not kicking out from the penalty, 7 missed tackles. Widders also gave away a dumb penalty about 2 minutes after coming on which lead to their first try. Fui was our best off the bench yesterday.

this is rare but im NOT dissapointed about the loss. Alot of positives for Parra and we have a fair few players to come back.

yy_cheng

Coach
On Fui's knockon at the try line, it was probably bad communication or too damn noisy that Fui couldn't here a call or Joel doesn't speak fluent tongan yet.

I thought Benny and Grothe were outstanding as was Caylo.

varion

Juniors
Phillips said:
so did Tim Smith, John Morris etc etc

whats your point

Phillips - apologies if you are friend or relative of Henry P but he is a liability as much as you like him.

He has terrible hands and unfortunately its cost us dearly 2 times this year. Whilst i wouldnt wish injury on any Eels player - i am glad he wont be back in the top grade this yr again.

He needs to work on his catching ability on the run amongst other things. On a more positive note he has played well a couple of times we have seen him but the negatives are outweighing the negatives by far lately.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
On fui....he did have some bad moments like every player has but saying that he has transformed into one hell of a player...brian smith has done wonders there....imo his gotta cause alot of problems in the finals for our oppositions....10mtrs out, he looks unstoppable!

Hurriflatch

Referee
Apparently
WAde, Vella, Wags and Peeky will all be back next week

Henry P is in a little trouble

Petersen might be back but looking more likley that it will be Brisbane

parraitdoesmatta said:
I think Fui read the play very well there, he was in great position just got a crook bounce. He read the kick, he has a pretty smart football brain for a forward.

Apparently
WAde, Vella, Wags and Peeky will all be back next week

Henry P is in a little trouble

Petersen might be back but looking more likley that it will be Brisbane

Great to hear the above crew should be named tomorrow(possibly) but should play...it will stiffin our defence up alot and poor old reddy will miss out again with wade coming back.

Latest posts