What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any other Canberra supporters here?

Dragonheart

Juniors
I'm located in the A.C.T and was curious about other Dragons supporters in the region that hang out on these forum.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I play on X-Box live, and there's a bloke called Captain Feathers (That's his gamer tag, not his name) who supports our guys, but I'm not sure if I can help you out any more than that.

Saint 60

Juniors
Dragonheart said:
I'm located in the A.C.T and was curious about other Dragons supporters in the region that hang out on these forum.

Mate theres a little bloke called Johnny who is seen in the ACT sometimes...
you may find him a bit hard to see, hes a short arse, got the supporters Badge no of 1 -

lol

Dragons2005

Juniors
I use to live in Canberra but have since moved to Long Beach near Batemans Bay.
I lived there since i was 5yrs, im 26 now and never met another dragons supporter from Canberra the whole time i was there lol

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Nugby, you're a uni student without an X-Box?! How do you procrastinate when exams come round?!

Hutty1986

Immortal
My sentiments exactly Gregstar.

I was very worried when Gus Gould claimed that we wouldnt lose a other game in the regular season

We're in fairly good form sure, and last weeks win was awesome, but having said that, the Roosters of July 2005 weren't the same team that made the past 3 grand finals

The Cowboys have a 7-2 record at home this year and our main and ONLY priority should be shutting down Webb, Bowen and co and hopefully breaking down "Fortress Dairy Farmers"

Finals aren't for a long time yet and we are still a long way away from securing an all important top 4 spot

Let's increase our streak to 4 in a row, then hopefully we can be in a promising position to take on the Broncos at Suncorp

Hutty1986

Immortal
LOL, sorry, i posted to the wrong thread!

What i meant to say in this thread was:

I'm planning to move down to Canberra next year to go to UC to do a Sports Journalism degree

It's gonna be tough not being able to go to WIN Stadium! [ ATM, im only an hours drive from the place ]

Hopefully i'll meet some other fanatical Dragons fans while i'm down there

I sure as hell won't be cheering for the Raiders!

G

gorilla

Nugby said:
Well I'm at the University of Canberra but I don't play X-Box.

Mate, you're a bit ahead of yourself - it's called the School of Adminstrative Studies. Some little outpost of the actual University in Canberra.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Nugby said:
You going to live on Campus, Hutty?

I'm not too sure actually, i have 2 get accepted first!

But i would certainly think about it. Do you live on campus?

G

gorilla

Hutty1986 said:
LOL, sorry, i posted to the wrong thread!

What i meant to say in this thread was:

I'm planning to move down to Canberra next year to go to UC to do a Sports Journalism degree

It's gonna be tough not being able to go to WIN Stadium! [ ATM, im only an hours drive from the place ]

Hopefully i'll meet some other fanatical Dragons fans while i'm down there

I sure as hell won't be cheering for the Raiders!

Go and live in O'Connor - quick uphill pushy ride through the bush and you pop out at the School of Administrative Studies.

Nugby

Juniors
Yeah, I'm in Arscott House if you check out ressies. Gorilla, I've never heard anyone else refer to it as that (even ANU students) so I've got no idea what you're talking about.

G

gorilla

Nugby said:
Yeah, I'm in Arscott House if you check out ressies. Gorilla, I've never heard anyone else refer to it as that (even ANU students) so I've got no idea what you're talking about.

Mate, it's a Canbra old-timers joke. The original establishment, before UC was, of course the Canberra College of Advanced Education. The very first 'school' was the School of Administrative Studies - designed to teach and generate public servants...., hence the "School of Admin Studies".

I was there myself in the early eighties doing a Grad Dip in Recreation Planning, which was by the way a great meal ticket (for over twenty years) until I got stupid and opened a restaurant. Tossed up between sports journalsim and rec planning and pretty glad of the decision in the end. Met my wife of 17 years at CCAE, course we went separate ways for about 5 years before meeting up again.

I went to Deakin High in the mid-seventies and was at Stine Nashnul Yoonie in the late 70's, mostly at Toad Hall. Did Pyschology.

I know a very different Canbra from what is there now. Finally run out of town in 1985 after spending a 5 year hiatus in Melbourne.