What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any player ever looked genuinely scared?

drake

First Grade
well slater thought it was fair enough to stomp on skando's face when he was on the ground and slater was standing up.
But it's "no 'is go".

I was so hoping that Skando would have caught the little prick and belted the skata out of him.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Josh 'cat' Perry being offered to finish it up in the car park after the game by either big Kylie or Solomon Haumona.

MG would've punched 12 shades of sh*t out of Wally Lewis. Would've been great.

Talked with his hands when being spoken to by Shane "Dont wave your hands at me" Hayne.
He was binned for dissent, then went on with it...called him a cheat as he walked away and was then sent off.
Classic game.

Indeed. :lol:
Wasn't it 13 vs 10 at one stage?
Two were sent off I think...

Checking:
Newton and Peachey sent off, Nutley and Peachey sin binned.

BWNB

First Grade
I have seen a scared player on the footy field over 100 times. His name is Dave Simmons.

Jason Maher

Immortal
The NSWRL judiciary. Mal Meninga savaged Michael O'Connor in an origin game in 1991, and no-one had the balls to pursue the big bloke over it (should have got a number of weeks for it, even though it was a Manly player).

stormbati

Bench
Antonio Winterstein will never recover from the hammering he got from Sailor, physically and verbally.
I thought Sam Thaiday backed down quick smart when Sailor ran in to lend his boys a hand.
The biggest hot-heads in the league imo are
Luke O'Donnell, Steve Matai and Paul Gallen. I've come to the conclusion that Luke O'Donnell fears nobody, I've seen him take on Petero and Epalahame Lauaki, im pretty sure he would of gone on with it.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Kevin Campion teaching Webcke just why you don't get up and attack Campion unprovoked. Webcke got taught the lesson he so richly deserved. Maybe he can write a tell-all book about that occasion the f**kin dog.

Big Pete

Referee
Kevin Campion teaching Webcke just why you don't get up and attack Campion unprovoked. Webcke got taught the lesson he so richly deserved. Maybe he can write a tell-all book about that occasion the f**kin dog.

Yeah he can write about how PJ Marsh came in and held his arms back while Campion "the hero" levelled him.

Then again, I doubt Webcke would've been able to take him. Who remembers State of Origin 2 2003?

Iafeta

Referee
Ra's from the same neighbourhood as me. People from round my way don't play...he woulda f*cked Morley up something serious.

I also remember a test Vs GB in England back in 2002. Seuseu got into a scuffle with Morley off the ball, Monty Betham ran over, swung once and Morley stumbled back into the GB defensive line with a badly swolen eye.

Absolutely. I remember the Betham/Morley incident. Morley backed down like a right royal cheshire cat. The biggest back down ever...

I remember Shane Webcke trying to get it on with Kevin Campion, but then he put the dukes away quick smart to protect his face, which Campo smashed up at any rate. Campo was a friggen legend, he'd give a pint of blood per half if he needed to get his team a win. A legendary Warrior.

Iafeta

Referee
Another soft c0ck effort was Casey Macguire, a punch up had come to an end during a Broncos/Warriors game, Casey came in with a quick little cheap shot, Awen Guttenbeil took him out and smashed the bejesus out of him. Casey was sure as hell sorry for not cooking Awen's mates some eggs that day.

Iafeta

Referee
Maybe Gary Jack when Roberts got hold of him , not sure though if he had time to be scared.

And Monty opened up on someone ( cant remeber ) but absolutely smashed him pillar to post.

If you're talking Monty Betham, that would be Steve Reardon.

Iafeta

Referee
Yeah he can write about how PJ Marsh came in and held his arms back while Campion "the hero" levelled him.

Then again, I doubt Webcke would've been able to take him. Who remembers State of Origin 2 2003?

Campo had already put two on Webcke's chin by that stage. Webcke went for a roundhouse right hook but Campo got a quick uppercut, and then another, PJ then got involved and Webkce started falling over. Campo had finished Webcke off well and truly by that stage.

I think it may have been the following year Webcke came back to Ericsson only to be put into row D by Richard Villasanti. Webcke and Brent Tate must have had a few nightmares about that joint.... Tate used to get owned royally by Meli.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
When Francis Meli punched Ashley Harrison lol

lol top call, that was classic. There was actually a thread about that incident here but I can't be bothered finding it.

It was in 2004 when Souths and the Warriors were both sh*t. Meli got pulled up for a knock-on in the play the ball and he just bitch-slapped Ashley Harrison for no apparent reason. All the Rabbitohs players just stood there like wtf. No-one did anything. LMFAO.

warriorsownyou

Juniors
I'll tell you who's a yellow bellied coward and should never be on a field again...

Danny McGuire. The Leeds Rhinos and English stand-off.

Whenever there is ANY confrontation he absolutely sh*tS himself. There's too many examples to cite.

Matai threw a ball at his head a few years ago and he started back peddling, and Senior and Peacock had to fly in to save face.

Theres so many more incidents where he does the exact same thing, as mainly Kiwis and Aussies you won't have seen them so little point citing.

He's the biggest yellow bellied coward i've EVER seen on a league field... EVER.

Infact i'd be surprised if anyone could find me a softer player.

girvie

Staff member
Gordon Tallis vs Ben Ross. Ross was trying to run away and Tallis kept hammering him.

warriorsownyou

Juniors
Gordon Tallis vs Ben Ross. Ross was trying to run away and Tallis kept hammering him.

That's not true. The video is all over Youtube. Ross was walking off, Tallis turned him and laid into him, they exchanged punches.

Tallis absolutely destroyed him, but there is no running, Ross just wasn't on Tallis level.

Phillips

Referee
the most pathetic thing about that.. is tony puletua just standing there and watching his team mate get belted.

Latest posts