What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any player ever looked genuinely scared?

colonel_123

Juniors
Last year when Daine Laurie made his debut against the Broncos.

Corey Parker took offence to a push from Laurie and balled his hand into a fist, ready to take a swing.

But he backed down pretty quickly when he saw who he was about to take on.

Canard

Immortal
:lol: What is this, re-write history hour? What time of day did Moz ever back down from Rauhihi? LOL

Watch the tape, without being biased that pasty soap dodger sh*t himself bigtime. Biggest back down Ive ever seen.

Lets be honest Ra would have punched holes in Morley.

Never forget so called "hard man" Michael Crocker getting absolutely decked by Luke O'Donnell in the same game.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Ok, a different spin on it:

Has there ever been anyone that got so fired up and so angry and consumed with anger that he just wouldn't calm down until he was sin-binned/sent off?

Being that this is a physical sport, and a team sport where camaraderie plays a huge role, I figured there'd be at least one instance where one player got so infuriated, so blinded by white-hot rage that the bloke he was up against would seriously be thinking, "sh*t...I really pissed him off..."

Kevin Tamati and Greg Dowling ... they were so fired up that even after they were sent off they still belt the crap out of each other as they walked off the field.

forward pass

Coach
Geoff Bugden went after Ron Gibbs after a scrum in an Eels v Manly match at Parra in the late eighties and Ron Gibbs ran backwards to get away from him.

Mr Saab

Referee
Martin Offiah when he ran the ball up vs the aussies...he was sh*t scared...esp when he saw Sironen in front of him

Watch the tape, without being biased that pasty soap dodger sh*t himself bigtime. Biggest back down Ive ever seen.

Lets be honest Ra would have punched holes in Morley.

Never forget so called "hard man" Michael Crocker getting absolutely decked by Luke O'Donnell in the same game.

Ra's from the same neighbourhood as me. People from round my way don't play...he woulda f*cked Morley up something serious.

I also remember a test Vs GB in England back in 2002. Seuseu got into a scuffle with Morley off the ball, Monty Betham ran over, swung once and Morley stumbled back into the GB defensive line with a badly swolen eye.

tiger_nick

Bench
Billy Slater looked pretty scared running away from John Skandalis and hiding behind a team mate...cat

i remember the whole thing. slater stomped on skandalis's face, skando got up and chased slater who ran 20 meters then hid BEHIND brett white cowering. it was like a kindergarden kid running to their big brother from a year 6 student who was after their lunch money. ive never seen anything like it on a footy field.

Canard

Immortal
Not much of a big thing though when Slater is a nippy fullback, and Skando is a hulking prop forward.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Not much of a big thing though when Slater is a nippy fullback, and Skando is a hulking prop forward.

well slater was big enough to stomp on him...

i seem to recall sean garlick and a souths player (or roosters player, depends where garlic was at the time) getting binned for fighting with this other guy and apparently garlic chased him up the tunnel after they were both binned and wanted to go on with it

Mr Saab

Referee
Can you elaborate, what did Peachey do?

Talked with his hands when being spoken to by Shane "Dont wave your hands at me" Hayne.
He was binned for dissent, then went on with it...called him a cheat as he walked away and was then sent off.
Classic game.

Simo

First Grade
Talked with his hands when being spoken to by Shane "Dont wave your hands at me" Hayne.
He was binned for dissent, then went on with it...called him a cheat as he walked away and was then sent off.
Classic game.

Cheers Saab, I recall that game got confused thinking of something about him being scared as per the topic.

tiger_nick

Bench

well slater thought it was fair enough to stomp on skando's face when he was on the ground and slater was standing up.

Maybe Gary Jack when Roberts got hold of him , not sure though if he had time to be scared.

And Monty opened up on someone ( cant remeber ) but absolutely smashed him pillar to post.

Latest posts