What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone got some old sand shoes and gym equipment

pegson

Juniors
old%20shoes.jpg

I have an old rusty treadmill and some old sand shoes (Volleys), I was gonna throw it out but than I had an idea. I think we should all look around our house and find any old deralic sporting fitness equipment we have and dump it in front of EnergyAustralia Stadium because those poor under priviliaged un muscled toned knights really need to build up some fitness to help prevent the amount of injuries we are suffering. Maybe the Salvos could put a bin a EA just for sporting equipment to help those poor needing knights. By the way if you have any spare league balls send them to the knights because at the moment the club can't afford any.

TooheysNew

Coach
I have a couple of old matresses and some masking tape... We could wrap the players in that - at least that way they wouldnt get hurt...

pegson

Juniors
So far the Help The Knights Get Some Fitness Drive has collected
1.Old Sand Shoes
2.Old Rusty Treadmill
3.Cricket Protector for Quigley
4.Knee Brace
5.Couple Old Matresses for Knights player protection

Come on guys the knights need us dig deep into your trash can and find something the knights can use. I just found an old hanky I used for 5 years at school so i will give this to hagan so he can blow his nose after qld get beat.

Doctor

Bench
pegson said:
I just found an old hanky I used for 5 years at school so i will give this to hagan so he can blow his nose after qld get beat.

...... or we could throw it over our defensive-line.

Andy

First Grade
I've got some crutches that I stole from the Mater hospital, a big piece of elastic from the physio when I hurt my groin last year, some rusty dumbells in the garage that I was using to flatten out some timber - but they can have 'em. They need them more than I do.

I also found a boxing glove (left hand) that I'm willing to donate. I can't find the right one, but even 1 handed boxing will help improve the boys' fitness.

Andy

First Grade
Oh Jackpot! I've got a stash of old chesty bonds singlets that I was keeping in a plastic bag to use as rags in the garage, but I'll give 'em to the Knights to use for training singlets.

Doctor

Bench
There's an old pile of newspapers there. With the state of the club, they might be lining up at Centrelink sooner than they think, and they'll need to be well practiced in finding job ads.

Oh, and there's an old lamp here too. I suspect Energy Australia will cut the power to the stadium soon, so it might come in handy for night games. The bulb is blown, but I'll pop down to Woolies and find one for them, being the generous fan I am.

Oooh, and even better: there's a stress-ball lying next to the computer. I'll wrap it up for Hages to use -- that should last him a weekend or two. Poor bloke.

Always here to help.

Andy

First Grade
Good idea about the lighting Oz! I've got some half used birthday candles in the cupboard -I'll pop them in the bag too.

Alex28

Coach
If you read the Herald the other day - what we really need is a field that they arent going to get kicked off from using...

Doctor

Bench
Andy said:
Good idea about the lighting Oz! I've got some half used birthday candles in the cupboard -I'll pop them in the bag too.

Good. I've got some old matches here too -- I'm a pyromaniac from way back, but I think I can spare them.

Doctor

Bench
Alex28 said:
If you read the Herald the other day - what we really need is a field that they arent going to get kicked off from using...

I think this is where Wests come in. I'd like to see the Knights use one of their fields, and then go into the gym right next door. They're all kitted up with the facilities, we're just not willing to sit down and talk seriously about letting Wests cruise in with their money to revitalise the club.

macavity

Referee
they can use my backyard for training.

its a paved courtyard about 10m by 3m, but we can use those matresses so they dont get shin splints, and it has great drainage for wet wether sessions.

its wide enough for hages to run the defensive drills, so sounds like a plan. run some drills running around the BBQ and the table, keep their fitness up...

Doctor

Bench
macavity said:
its wide enough for hages to run the defensive drills, so sounds like a plan. run some drills running around the BBQ and the table, keep their fitness up...

Hages could climb up a ladder (anyone got a ladder they can spare the Knights), so he can chuck Pegson's old hanky over the defence, just to make sure they're not getting to adventurous.

I like it. It does sound like a plan.

TooheysNew

Coach
I've got some really dark sunglasses - Tyler and the rest of the blind leaders can have them if they want...

Andy

First Grade
macavity said:
they can use my backyard for training.

its a paved courtyard about 10m by 3m, but we can use those matresses so they dont get shin splints, and it has great drainage for wet wether sessions.

That is so true. I'm sure Hages' defensive plan doesn't require the need for the players to move or slide, so you're courtyard is plenty big enough.

Latest posts