What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have hope?

ParraMatt

Bench
Just wondering. Does ANYONE still have hope of us making the finals this year. I know it's a pretty much impossible task with the football we are playing. But if we come out and give it to Melbourne next week and the Sharks/ Raiders/ or Dragons lose. We will be only 2 points out of the 8. Do you seriously think it is over? Just wondering!

Unreal V

Juniors
There is always hope but honestly I can't see that happening. We needed this game to keep our chances alive especially with the Raiders, St George, Sharks and Knights loosing this week. Redemption was within their grasp but the players must not have wanted it badly enough or they just did not have the talent or spark to grab it. In all our remaining games can you say with 100% confidence that Parramatta will win any given game.

Utey

Coach
Geez with the way we are playing the wooden spoon is close. But if we win against melbourne and then who ever it is and then the bye. We will be close. Iam optimistic but i cant see it ever happening.

scottyeel

Bench
Only if we beat Melbourne and then the tigers leading into the bye, that is probably our only chance. I`ll never give up hope but.

ParraMatt

Bench
I think we will overcome the Storm and Tigers. Then the bye, Then I think it is Cronulla, Penrith and Roosters.

Eelectrica

Referee
No. We have had plenty of chances to string some good games together and havn't done it. There is no evidence to suggest that this is going to change.

bartman

Immortal
I have "hope", and the mathematics mean it is still possible. [-o< But based on what we are seeing it just won't happen. The Roosters game was good, but to basically not turn up the week after spells the end. :cry:

According to my take, we have to win the next two, tale the bye, and now win three out of last four games (instead of two) to finish the year with an even win-loss record. (That's what you need to be "sure" of a semis spot imo, otherwise it's down to luck.) So two losses and we're out.

I hope we beat the Storm to continue the dream, but on form I can't see us winning against the Panthers or Roosters again in the lead up to the finals.

No, No hope here and even if we do make the finals by a Miracle then what we will get knocked out and this will keep happening untill we get ourselves a halfback and a get rid of some the crap in the team. Sorry to sound like a nark but thats the truth.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Jake the snake said:
No, No hope here and even if we do make the finals by a Miracle then what we will get knocked out and this will keep happening untill we get ourselves a halfback and a get rid of some the crap in the team. Sorry to sound like a nark but thats the truth.

Wasn't it your opinion that we didn't need a half back as we had Tim Smith?

Redback71

First Grade
we may win 4 more games but thats about it the draw

storm
tigers
bye
sharks
warriors
panthers
roosters

if we can beat the rooters ill be extremly happy

Yeah It was Alex but has he played top grade yet?? He still 1-2 years away. But without a halfback we will still have the same probs that we do now. look at the Panthers for example when Gower was out they went shithouse, so shithouse that even our mob nearly beat them but when Gower came back they played like the Premiers that they are.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
We need to win 5 of our last 6. I know its still a long shot but if we can beat the Storm, Tigers, Sharks are Warriiors, it would leave us needing one win out of the last two against the Panthers and Roosters. One is at home the other is away. If that was the situation i'd back us to cause an upset. But its easier said than done and on current form Melbourne will roll us.

Suitman

Post Whore
AlexTheEel said:
We need to win 5 of our last 6. I know its still a long shot but if we can beat the Storm, Tigers, Sharks are Warriiors, it would leave us needing one win out of the last two against the Panthers and Roosters. One is at home the other is away. If that was the situation i'd back us to cause an upset. But its easier said than done and on current form Melbourne will roll us.

On current form, most of them will roll us.

Suity

Latest posts