What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have hope?

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Suitman said:
AlexTheEel said:
We need to win 5 of our last 6. I know its still a long shot but if we can beat the Storm, Tigers, Sharks are Warriiors, it would leave us needing one win out of the last two against the Panthers and Roosters. One is at home the other is away. If that was the situation i'd back us to cause an upset. But its easier said than done and on current form Melbourne will roll us.

On current form, most of them will roll us.

Suity

True, but a week is a long time in football. Last week our up coming draw didn't seem so hard.

CrazyEel

Bench
AlexTheEel said:
Last week our up coming draw didn't seem so hard.
:lol:
Your right, who knows what'll happen next week, One thing you can be sure of though is that the week after won't be the same whichever next week goes.

Oh well, guess when you get on board for the ride you just have to go wherever it takes you.

Suitman

Post Whore
CrazyEel said:
AlexTheEel said:
Your right, who knows what'll happen next week, One thing you can be sure of though is that the week after won't be the same whichever next week goes.

Oh well, guess when you get on board for the ride you just have to go wherever it takes you.

And its a Rollercoaster....believe me.
Ask parra pete. ;-)

Suity

CrazyEel

Bench
Suitman said:
CrazyEel said:
AlexTheEel said:

And its a Rollercoaster....believe me.
Ask parra pete. ;-)

Suity
A rollercoaster you say, aren't they supposed to have as many up's as the do down's? Someone's stolen most of my up's :lol:

Where is parra pete?

Suitman

Post Whore
I figured there was life without Cronin and Hilditch. I'm still figuring.

There is hope Crazy-Boy.

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
I know it's not out of the question entirely given our team's talent.

But when you consider in the past 3 weeks we have lost two games we should have won and beaten the benchmark team, it doesn't exactly inspire great confidence.

I mean I'll still watch them and make the most of it, but I know deep down it's nigh on impossible to make the 8.

And even if we do - so what? We'll probably be knocked off in the first week. The only positive is we can say we finished in the 8.

fish eel

Immortal
I think we can beat Melbourne.

If we beat Melbourne, we're back in the hunt.

Problem is, I've got no confidence that is we beat Melbourne, we can back it up against the tigers.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Just like we beat the near full-strength Roosters and should have but could not back it up against the Cowboys at Dairy Farmers, where they have only beaten us once before?

True EEL

Bench
its all down to Mathematics, other people's results....oh and whether or not we actually have a dig in some of the remaining games.....

i think our destiny is out of our hands.....again........i'm so sick and tired of this

bartman

Immortal
fish eel said:
I think we can beat Melbourne.

If we beat Melbourne, we're back in the hunt.

Problem is, I've got no confidence that is we beat Melbourne, we can back it up against the tigers.

Exactly. I'm pretty sure the team will crank it up against the storm (like we did against the roosters) for the "surprise win", but just as easily let slip against the tigers in the "expected win". And that same cycle continues...

Parraren

Bench
I'd like to think we can do it but like 1eyed said in another post, we just don't have enough points in us to win so many games back to back. We're missing that "x-factor" that seperates the top sides from the "also rans". As much as people like to bag the sh!t out of Dykes, like it or not, he's our "x-factor" this year. Without him we look very impotent in attack. Unless he gets back on the park, which is highly unlikely, we will continue to struggle to score points.

We "may" have a chance if we shift Morris to 5/8 NOW (not next year when it's too late) to give us more attacking options but then that leaves a big hole in the hooking position :?

Latest posts