What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone kind of happy we lost charity shield?

haha

Juniors
bugger me that was a tough read.. are you sure you paid attention during english lessons at school?

I'm sure you are smart enough to decipher it.
I look forward to your response when you do, unless you are trying to deflect attention away from my points.

Galeforce

Bench
Ha Ha ,
you got it . It is a Troll trick.
Once you come up with a sound question or intelligent response , the Trolls look for a deflection , like grammar / spelling .

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I'm sure you are smart enough to decipher it.
I look forward to your response when you do, unless you are trying to deflect attention away from my points.

i'm sorry if i hurt your feelings.. here, let me debunk your points:

Talonoa and McPherson didn't play, it shows how little attention you payed to the game.
Morgan and Tyrrell took there place.

okay, so replace a 23yr old and a 25 yr old with 21 yr old and a 23yr old.. still not toyota cup material as that bloke suggested...

One thing i noticed that has not been mentioned is that the opening 20 minutes of each half is when both teams fielded there strongest teams.
In this time the scores were 6-4 dragons and 6-4 souths.
When Asotasi, Pettybourne, Geddes and tyrrell were subbed at around the 20 mark in each half is when the Dragons took control with there greater depth.

what game were you watching?

the opening 20 minutes of 1st half: dragons 6-4 (goodwin try in 17th minute)

the opening 20 minutes of the 2nd half: dragons 10-6 (boyd 57 min, tagive 59 min)

so we scored exactly half our points in exactly half the match when the big guns were on..

Dont pay attention to the Dragons / Anti Souths wankfest in the media and on here, watch the game again and take note of what players are on for both teams after the 20 minute mark of each half.

so our 2nd string is better than your 2nd string?

hope that addresses your points as requested.. i eagerly await your reply, sir..

lenny.gif

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Ha Ha ,
you got it . It is a Troll trick.
Once you come up with a sound question or intelligent response , the Trolls look for a deflection , like grammar / spelling .

please read my above post. i queried both his spelling and had factual responses to his points..

and why now "ha ha" instead of "haw haw haw"?

haha

Juniors
i'm sorry if i hurt your feelings.. here, let me debunk your points:

okay, so replace a 23yr old and a 25 yr old with 21 yr old and a 23yr old.. still not toyota cup material as that bloke suggested...

what game were you watching?

the opening 20 minutes of 1st half: dragons 6-4 (goodwin try in 17th minute)

the opening 20 minutes of the 2nd half: dragons 10-6 (boyd 57 min, tagive 59 min)

so we scored exactly half our points in exactly half the match when the big guns were on..

so our 2nd string is better than your 2nd string?

hope that addresses your points as requested.. i eagerly await your reply, sir..

lenny.gif

Feelings are not hurt, I already dumbed it down for you in the original post.

*I was never arguing the age u20's point, just the fact your had a massive mistake with your line up. Its hard to take you seriously when you cant even get that right.

*Re watch the try at the 59th minute, only asotasi and Lowe is on out of starting pack.

Souths were missing Six players from our forwards, Four of them are starters.

Dragons were missing Two.
If you took Merrin, Creagh, Hunt and Prior out of the game do think you would have done it so easy?

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Feelings are not hurt, I already dumbed it down for you in the original post.

intentionally spelling mistakes.. i like your style..

*I was never arguing the age u20's point, just the fact your had a massive mistake with your line up. Its hard to take you seriously when you cant even get that right.

wow.. two players out of thirteen... MASSIVE mistake there... (fyi, took the lineup from the souffs website.. so shame they were wrong i guess..)

*Re watch the try at the 57th minute, only asotasi and Lowe is on out of starting pack.

hang on, hang on, hang on... 57th minute only asotasi and lowe were on?

but you said:

*One thing that has not been mentioned is that in the opening 20 minutes of each half both sides fielded there strongest teams,

*Asotasi, Pettybourne, Geddes and tyrrell were subbed at around the 20 mark in each half, this is when the Dragons took control with there greater depth.

so one minute pettybourne, geddes and tyrrell are on up until the 20 minute mark, but now they are off by the 17th??

to coin a phrase of someone less smarter than i:

Its hard to take you seriously when you cant even get that right.

now.. please get your story straight before your next reply...

haha

Juniors

wow.. two players out of thirteen... MASSIVE mistake there... (fyi, took the lineup from the souffs website.. so shame they were wrong i guess..)

but you said:

so one minute pettybourne, geddes and tyrrell are on up until the 20 minute mark, but now they are off by the 17th??

now.. please get your story straight before your next reply...

So you have never made a spelling mistake, wow you must be a super nerd.
Over 6000 posts since Dec 06, you clearly have an advandage with writing over me.
And obviously no life.

Adding to my original point, was still a mistake.
It is your job to research a point for your argument.

but you said:

I actually said "around the 20 minute mark", But I will concede I was wrong by 6 points.
Thought i'd add that in as you are being so precise with the little things like spelling and quoting.

To quote someone smarter than I:

"never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to thier level and beat you with experience"

I will take this advice now.

Last edited:

haha

Juniors

Over 6000 posts since Dec 06, you clearly have an advandate with writing over me.
And obviously no life.
OOPS 6800 posts, another mistake.

Adding to my original point, was still a mistake.

but you said:

I actually said "around the 20 minute mark", But I will concede I was wrong by 6 points.
Thought i'd add that in as you are being so precise with the little things like spelling and quoting.

To quote someone smarter than I:

"never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to thier level and beat you with experience"

I will take this advice now.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Over 6000 posts since Dec 06, you clearly have an advandage with writing over me.
And obviously no life.

whats an advandage?

I can only guess it's like gaining an advantage with some type of bandage?

good point that.. like that whole 60th minute piece you were going on about..

rabbitoh vince

Juniors
NO I can never be happy with a loss,but if we come out of it and have learned well from a loss and it releases some media pressure off the players it could be a good thing.
I think after the first trial of the year its a bit harsh to be too critical of individual performances but from what i saw on sunday night there were a few positives with our halves being one of them,the biggest difference i found between the two teams was that no matter how many changes the dragons made to the team during the whole game their defensive pattern was never comprimsed where as we started well for the first 20 minutes but as we started making a lot of changes our defence started to fall off,but its a bit hard to say yet if our defence has improved this year until all the boys are back together on the field.

Perhaps it's more of a sign of the gap between the NYC and First Grade? Having to rely on NYC players for depth is a risk in my opinion, particularly for defence and team play. This is an area the Dragons may struggle with over time if we do not get the NSW cup team sorted. Then again, the NSW cup is little better than park football.

Give me a return to the U23's and the Reserve Grade comp - if managed correctly it could resolve some of the issues around depth and the loss of players to ESL.

Absolutely spot on.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Shouldn't have put that up, looks like muzby's ducked off for a wank.

wow.. you felt the need to quote yourself?

twice? on the same page?

that's sad..

at least you didn't bold everything this time.. good for you.. that's a start..

anyways, back on topic.. souths u/20s side from last year need game time over the first four weeks if souths depth is to work this year..

drago brelli

Bench
Sutton looked good on Sunday night and combining him with Inglis should be spectacular. Souths are the favourite to get Bennett, that's if you believe the papers. If he goes there it may be in 2013. By going there in 2013 he can alert the club about who not to sign. Souths will remain an enigma in 2011, eg: hopelesly inconsistent.

Spot On

Coach
The halfback looks as though he needs another off season to practise a few of the basic skills unfortunately, especially his kicking game.

Isaaxe

Juniors
The stats since 2004 seem to say every team that has won the Charity Shield has missed the Top 8 and the team that has lost has made the Top 8.

What are the odds on history being repeated in this regard in 2011 ??

Galeforce

Bench
i would rather not have any meaning on the charity game , other than a preseason hitout that we use to trial our players. final score irrelevant .

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i would rather not have any meaning on the charity game , other than a preseason hitout that we use to trial our players. final score irrelevant .

but think of the economy...without a solid charity shield contest, memorabilia houses around the country will go broke due to no production of items such as this:

17-0071_xl.jpg

Ziggy the God

First Grade
I am not concerned, lets see what happens when all our players are back.

I couldn't give a f**k who the Saints had out, we had our best twiddling their thumbs in the grandstand.