What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone really excited about origin

hitamn

Juniors
just a qiuck question to see if you'd rather watch origin or test footy. origin doesnt excite me as it used to, i mean it is still up there but i was looking forward to the test from the beginning of the year ,origins only three weeks away and i havnt given it a second thought.test matches show the best players by far now when you look at the kiwi and aussie teams compared to some not so great players that will play origin, just my opinion anyway

also heard on the sunday roast a great idea . scrap t6he city origin clash and have a two test seris with the kiwis will be a heap more interest in a test that the crap game we will have in friday. at least the wife will be happy we will go out this friday

Hutty1986

Immortal
I absolutely LOVE Origin and can't wait for this years series- Going out with some good mates, having a few drinks and watching the Blues; always fantastic!

Big Pete

Referee
Personally this years Origin seems to be lacking something. With no Joey Johns there is no Blues player to really hate which takes away from the Origin spirit.

I just hope Queesland can actually bounce back to try and make the Origin series competitive.

Jono078

Referee
Big Pete said:
Personally this years Origin seems to be lacking something. With no Joey Johns there is no Blues player to really hate which takes away from the Origin spirit.

I just hope Queesland can actually bounce back to try and make the Origin series competitive.

Im same as you. Seems to be something lacking, although maybe closer to game 1 ill be more pumped up for the series.

Palms

Juniors
Can't wait for kickoff..just hasn't been any media build up yet but that will come. I think alot of QLD players have alot of motivation to win which will only make the series more competitive

gaterooze

Bench
Love both Origin and Tests, and getting quite excited about this year's SOO (I think QLD will flog us though) and the Tri-nations!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Much more interested in Tests. International footy should be the pinnacle of a career, SOO a stepping stone to getting there (although if the selectors continue with decisions like Hunt it will make it a farce)

Razor

Coach
I'd rather watch test football. Make SOO just 1 game a year and introduce a 3-test series against NZ mid-season.

Choppies

Coach
I used to be really into Origin and Tests taking a back seat. Since 2002 that all changed with me going to my 1st test. I just felt more passion for Australia than my state NSW. I will still watch Origin but I just find it a chore to get out to Telstra Stadium for an origin game.

pantherz9103

First Grade
The fact that NSW have dominated the Origin series for the past 3 years has resulted in a kind of 'complacent' feeling as a fan, thinking the Blues will win again.

But with Johns and Barrett out it might change.

Also the club season is more important to supporters. With positions for the 8 being so tightly contested, fans are worried about their players getting injured in origin and therefore weakening the club side.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Razor said:
I'd rather watch test football. Make SOO just 1 game a year and introduce a 3-test series against NZ mid-season.

You mean you like watching 50-12 thrashings! Dear oh me, I went to the game and as good as Aus were a 3 match series would be dreadful to watch! Origin is the pinnacle of rep footy. This is where stars are born. Bring it on!:D

Mr Saab

Referee
Looking forward to it even more so as QLD have a great chance to win the series.
Having said that though, there are no established stars in origin (apart from Lockyer)
No Fittler, Johns, Webcke, Tallis, and Langer just to name a few who have participated in recent yrs.
The guys this yr will have an opportunity to make a name for themselves though.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Being a Kiwi supporter, obviously Tests are my number 1 priority. Mind you, this season im quite looking forward to seeing a Joeyless, Barrettless and a Miniless(games 1 and 2 right?) fare against QLD (for the record i follow QLD for SOO, always have done...always will do)

Johns Magic

Referee
I've always enjoyed Origin far more than tests. Tests barely excite me, Origin is the pinnacle of rugby league.

However with no Johns there this year and two nuffies in the halves it'll definitely lack something.

Jono078 said:
Im same as you. Seems to be something lacking, although maybe closer to game 1 ill be more pumped up for the series.

I'll triple that though I am going I dont feel the same anticipation as years previous.

Latest posts