What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone upset that we lost Norman?

Boy

Juniors
Kemp at fullback after some kick diffusion training?

Norman / sandow and Hayne that would be a good team on paper
But I don't think the fit is right for the halves

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Norman is as much of a half as John Sutton is. He will be fine if he has a dynamic and creative halfback that he can support and run off, but at Brisbane he has boring old "crab sideways and get in the way of your second rower" or "run at the line and hope for a break Wallace".

Norman and Prince might have been an interesting duo, but it seems that Prince is going to need someone to take the pressure off him also - enter Ben Hunt.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
The only thing that makes sense is if Son of Date-Poker is not coming back from the mission to Parra and is heading north. It seems to be the only way Parra would throw such ridiculous money at Norman.

Seriously if this number is true, I sincerely hope we didn't even try to get close to matching it.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Norman has potential but he isnt worth anywhere near $400k if thats true

it does set development in the halves back another few years though, but maybe we need a young half to come through with the enthusiasm that players like reynolds and foran and DCE have shown

AceAv

Juniors
I don't understand why you bother giving us half information with no credible sources to name. Either decide to tell us, or keep a lid on it.. Half rumours should be taken with a grain of salt.

As for Norman -F*k him! GoTheBroncs said it perfectly: "On the other hand, it's a bad sign that Norman goes chasing the money and doesn't repay Hooks faith in him. "

Norman clearly doesn't have the confidence to know he will improve and be paid like Lockyer, so may as well take the $ before they find out he isn't skilled enough..

Sorry to be harsh, -still fuming from Friday...

Kiwi

First Grade
Willie Tonga :lol:

Everyone laughed at the Dogs when they signed Inu, if it was Tonga I would happily take him, considering what he can do. It would also mean our backline could look like this

1 - Hodges
2 - Hoffman
3 - Reed
4 - Tonga
5 - Maranta
6 - Prince
7 - Wallace

In saying that though, Tonga is not a speedy back

There is the rumour Gordon wants out of the Sharks, he is certainly a speedy back.

In all honesty though this all sounds like BS

Last edited:

Kiwi

First Grade
The Dugan / Blake Ferguson might be available shortly.

I doubt the raiders would let these two go easily, but then they did punt Carney eventually so who knows

I could certainly live with

1 - Dugan
2 - Hoffman
3 - Reed
4 - Hodges
5 - Ferguson

unbreaK

Juniors
I doubt the raiders would let these two go easily, but then they did punt Carney eventually so who knows

I could certainly live with

1 - Dugan
2 - Hoffman
3 - Reed
4 - Hodges
5 - Ferguson

Swap Hoffman for Yow Yeh and that's a damn fine back line

beads6

First Grade
I'd be surprised if the club would ever think about picking up players who have been in trouble with other clubs. They are usually pretty quick to ship blokes off IMO. Wouldn't take Dugan anyway. Too injury prone and I don't like his face.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Dugan and Ferguson have done nothing to help the Raiders fortunes so I wouldn't bother. When you think about it, Dugan isn't that different to Wallace.

Latest posts