What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZ Stadium to Host Dragons' Preliminary Final

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ANZ Stadium to Host Dragons' Preliminary Final
NRL
Tue, 14 Sep 2010 15:29:00

The National Rugby League has today confirmed that Sydney’s ANZ Stadium will host the Week 3 Telstra Premiership Preliminary Final between St George Illawarra and the winner of Friday night’s clash between Canberra and Wests Tigers.

The draw for Week 3 of the Telstra Premiership Finals Series will be:

1st Preliminary Final – 7.45pm Friday, September 24: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Gold Coast Titans v Winner 2nd Semi-Final (Roosters v Panthers)

Toyota Cup: New Zealand Warriors v Winner 2nd Semi-Final (Bulldogs v Roosters)

2nd Preliminary Final – 7.45pm Saturday, September 25, ANZ Stadium, Sydney

St George Illawarra Dragons v Winner 1st Semi-Final (Raiders v Wests Tigers)

Toyota Cup: South Sydney Rabbitohs v Winner 1st Semi-Final (Cowboys v Raiders)

Tickets for Week 3 of the Telstra Premiership Finals Series will go on sale to Ticketed Members of the competing NRL teams from 9am-7pm on Monday, September 20, and to the general public from 9am, Tuesday September 21.

Tickets for both matches will be available through Ticketek on 132 849, at Ticketek outlets or online at www.ticketek.com.au

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...o-host-dragons-preliminary-final/default.aspx

Cagey Mac

Bench
It stands to reason given it's a shorter drive for Canberra though I'd prefer the FSS given the anticipated crowd size

Timmah

Staff member
If you play the Tigers, chances are there'd be 50,000 there IMO.

dragondad

First Grade
If we play tigers there is no doubt that homebush is better.

I think it is also a good choice for Canberra given the quickness of how their game on Friday has sold out.

to_ddeath

Coach
Agree. Whoever wants to play on the long weekend the most will get good practice at the big arena anyway...

T.

(KW)

Juniors
as a raiders fan, and rugby league fan, I think SFS would have been the better choice. The crowd will liekly be around 40k, which is much better at SFS. Anyhoo, I might be under estimating how many raiders fans will make the trek, but as a seasoned road tripper, I dont think I am. It will be up to the Dragons to provide the vast majority of fans. Having said all that, Raiders might not be there at all!!!

More atmosphere at a packed SFS i rekon, brings back memories of 99 when Barrett scored underneath the post to take us to the Sharkies game :)

Jono1987

Juniors
I'm going to be a touch optimistic and predict;

If we play the Tigers 60-65k will turn up.
If we play the Raiders 45-50k will turn up.

Godz Illa

Coach
Is ANZ one of the Tigers home grunds? I know they've got half a dozen.

Either way I agree with to_ddeath. Good dress rehearsal for the following week

Timmah

Staff member
Godz - Tigers play out of SFS now, have done for two years.

TonyDragons1

Juniors
Can someone please tell me where the Army will be positioned at ANZ. Also how do you go about registering banners to take in as they tend to give grief if poles are over a certain length.

Cagey Mac

Bench
More atmosphere at a packed SFS i rekon, brings back memories of 99 when Barrett scored underneath the post to take us to the Sharkies game :)

Agreed but had good (ANZ considered) seats at the Sharkies game and it was very enjoyable
Mundine giving to Peachy in particular

Toasty

Juniors
Anz is terrible the crowd and the History at the SFS is way better! Even if it was a Tigers vs Dragons Semi nobody wants the tickets in the nose bleed section... Just another way of the NRL trying to get more money. Id rather be in a packed Stadium then watching a game where the players look like ants.

(KW)

Juniors
Can someone please tell me where the Army will be positioned at ANZ. Also how do you go about registering banners to take in as they tend to give grief if poles are over a certain length.

In the Raiders Supporters section of course.

KW